Dundee Farce Continues – Postponed Again

Which opens the possibility of it being approved then cancelled later.
See if that happens. Scottish football might as well chuck it. It’s a f@cking laughing stock as it is but if that happens we are effectively destroying any credibility that is left for any players or managers that want to come to this league. It’s a circus. You can tell Clement is absolutely perplexed at this sh!tshow.

Poor wee Dundee. Everybody’s out to get them.

JksFb3u.jpg

JksFQC7.jpg
Only club - amateur, junior or professional - in the UK, that can’t handle a bit of rain. You’d think they’d at least have the decency to be contrite, but, no, they’re acting like arrogant arseholes.
Which opens the possibility of it being approved then cancelled later.
Or, worse, match abandoned (probably when we’re 3 up with 20 mins to go). If it goes ahead, this will be nightmare viewing.

Chuck them out the league, absolute amateurs.
They could if there was any justice go into a much lower league along with whatever name Celtic are allowed to play in after the name of their club is written out of all history books. Preferably an amateur one with no youth setup so they cant corrupt children with dreams of riches fame and glory

So we are all in agreement that it’ll pass the 11am inspection, chuck it down all day and be unplayable by the evening?

Beggars belief there hasn’t been action taken already when everyone can see it coming.
Sounds about the jist of it. The covers could be laid again after inspection, all it takes is a little bit of effort on game day As I've been banned since Sunday I haven't really seen the pitch update. Does anyone know if it's been covered since Saturday as that in itself will bring issues. If there has been any sizeable break in rain the covers should've also been taken back off.

Yet we will no doubt be told to play on it.
The inspection is the inspection, if it isn't playable we won't be made to. The ball has to freely travel certain distances among other measures, if it fails to, games is off. If it does, game on then it's down to how much the shambles can last. I know the shit I got way back in the day when you closed a green for safety reasons.

Really f.ucking pissed off with this farce. This is supposed to be SPFL football not bb sat morning football. Dundee and that shit hole is unacceptable. Get the game on today or it’s 3 points to Rangers. If those 2 sink holes full of sand are still on the pitch at inspection today at 11 the game should be scrapped. No contingency plans! They should be DQ’d from the lge. GTF. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Passing an 11am inspection does not guarantee the game will go ahead.

If the pitch deteriorates the ref can still call it.

11am is not the be all and end all (although it does give the sfa/spfl a get out)

Looking to head up around 4.30-5pm, yet at this stage have no idea if I need to get away from work early or not to do that as a professional football club can’t guarantee a playable pitch in April. A shambles and another example of the sheer unprofessionalism that runs through the Scottish game

Poor wee Dundee. Everybody’s out to get them.

JksFb3u.jpg

JksFQC7.jpg
The city has been pounded for weeks with rain, yet it miraculously has managed to stay away from the pitch across the road from theirs, which in comparison looks like a bowling green.

How unfortunate to have your stadium under a rain cloud. Poor Dundee FC :rolleyes:

Why aren't they calling out their board on this shambles. Facing the 4th postponement of the season, a pitch that's being ridiculed country wide and accounts that show over £2 million in losses. Still they are the victims.

Remind anyone of another clubs permanently victimised, moaning faced supporters?

I think this scenario will happen as rain not forecast till around 12 and then it pisses down, every chance it passes inspection and then hoses down, about 4 o clock another inspection and game off.
That's exactly what's going to happen just to make the whole scenario even more ludicrous. Even postponing to next midweek means if it rains before then it could still be unplayable.

The only logical solution is to play at a neutral venue (assuming tonight doesn't go ahead).

Even if covers are on all day , they take them off at 6 o’clock , kick off at 8 , the pitch is that bad it could t even hold out for 4 hours of rain to allow the game to be played.

That's exactly what's going to happen just to make the whole scenario even more ludicrous. Even postponing to next midweek means if it rains before then it could still be unplayable.

The only logical solution is to play at a neutral venue (assuming tonight doesn't go ahead).
If called off it needs played tomorrow evening at a neutral venue no ifs or buts.

Dundee then should be made compensate fans, sky and pay the costs of moving it. It’s fucking shambolic.

We do not need a midweek next week before a massive semi final, and we need to get the split fixtures sorted next week to give fans a chance to organise travel for the remaining fixtures.

Dundee are a fucking joke

This game will go ahead regardless of how bad the pitch is. Sky will not want another postponement, and they don't care about issues like player safety. A disgraceful situation to be in because one club refuses to take care of their ground. They should be fined heavily and have a points reduction as they have previous this season. They are treating teams and fans with contempt.

11am will be the first pitch inspection to rule the game off if it is an absolute riot (no laughing).

There'll be more, I'd imagine if it passes the first inspection they'll have another one before the time that fans set off.

All just my opinion but 11am is very early for it to be the only one, it seems like an agreed plan.

Looking to head up around 4.30-5pm, yet at this stage have no idea if I need to get away from work early or not to do that as a professional football club can’t guarantee a playable pitch in April. A shambles and another example of the sheer unprofessionalism that runs through the Scottish game
Same as me lad, I can almost foresee what will happen too after I'm about already there...

think we can all see how this is going to pan out - it will pass the 11am inspection as looking (and reading) the weather in Dundee is decent just now (ie Dry) but its then to chuck it down all day - so assume another inspection will be planned at X time to determine if its actually playable.

looking at the forecasts its due to chuck it down from 1pm all day and night.

Back