Match Thread Dundee v Rangers Friday 24 Nov, ***Match Thread***

If you were a Rangers supporter you would know who he is.
I was being sarcastic mate I am am a rangers fan and sick to the back teeth of Pedro's signings why we let him piss 6m up the wall on utter shite has put us in exactly the same position we were in last season if not worse we are going backwards fast

You had a whole thirty percent voting that they were extremely satisfied with them. Utter lunatics.

Some people won’t ever criticise a Rangers board (spivs excluded) no matter how bad they are. It’s a mindset I have never understood and one of the main reason we are constantly treated like mugs. This latest bunch bring a whole no meaning the word incompetent.

That should be Millers last game in THE JERSEY. Sling yer hook pal.....................
unless ya wanna be Manager.
You act like it anyhow.

Just back in from the game. Thank %^*& I only live 15 minutes away and don't have a 2hr drive to contend with after that shite.

Couldn't even pick one player tonight that I'd give pass marks. None of them wanted the ball and when they did they were shit scared to try anything with it other than a pass back. Declan John in the first half was the only one that really went for it.

Candeias was probably the worst player on the park. Murty should have hooked him long before the 82nd minute.

Ratings (based on dodgy feed)

Fod 5 - once again horribly let down by his "defence", had a few good saves

Tav 5 - worth keeping, our best outfielder by mile this season
McCrorie 3- trying but he isn't ready to be the main CB
Wilson 2 - awful, trotting about like he is Pique, he is not
John 2 - poor game from him, cost the 2nd by falling asleep

Candieas 3 - poor
Holt 1 - rarely scores, rarely assists, cannot tackle
Jack 2 - no Dorrans = no Jack
Windass 3 - good finish, awful otherwise

Miller 1 - beyond done, missed an excellent chance too
Morelos 3 - tried hard, was isolated, will be gone in January at this rate

subs
Herrera 1 - never a lone striker
Hardie 1 - what has this lad done to suggest that he is the saviour, thrown into desperate situations?

This blaming miller pish has to stop. You're lucky if he was even the 6th worst player ( a daft way to put it) we had tonight. He played for Celtic - grr arghhh

We are shite full stop. Accept it
I agree, Windarse, Holt, Candias, Wilson, Herrera, were much worse than he was, but in saying that he was pish.

The anger that usually follows such a gutless performance hasn’t been replaced by a numbness and worst of all a resignation and acceptance of how poor we have become. Sacking a manager who should never have been here in the first place and having no plan in place to replace him is criminal

How bad is Nico not to get in that team. Even if the legs are gone he would still be better than Miller.

had Motherwell had a game this weekend, we might have been looking at being 5th
unless the board act fast + get someone in that knows what to do
we are not finishing 2nd, we are not getting into Europe, we are fighting to finish top 6

its that fucking bad

I’ve had my season for more than 30 years,I,m now questioning if I can take any more of this heartache?
I,m 61, There’s plenty other things I need to do at my age that would be more fulfilling than getting depressed every week watching Rangers?
I could be arranging my funeral or watching the paint dry in the bedroom,that must be more entertaining????

I told you they aren't good enough.

Do you still back them? I'm mid fifties and this is one of the poorest team I can recall watching.

But, hey, maybes Wes is a goalie, Wilson a centre half, Hererra a CF, Miller a Greig/Gough type captain, Candeais., Pena, Windass.................................................... Taveneir couldnae lace any right backs boots in the last 10 years

No you didn’t. You said ‘yer baws’. If you are fifty years auld, try acting yer age, instead of acting the lady's front bottom. It’s no wonder guys don’t bother their arse posting on here now.

They were utterly rank Tonight, no question, I was responding to someone who was implying we had no ‘decent’ players. I disagree entirely. I believe a good manager will be able to get more, much more out of them. I never at any point said I rated, Wilson, Herrera or Windass, nor was I comparing Miller to any of our greats.

To say it’s the poorest in 50 years is also complete pish. I assume you were in a coma during McCoist’s tenure, or when big Eck failed to get a win in 13 games?

There is no structure, guile or steel in that team. The only ones I would keep are McCrorie, tav, wes, jack and Morelos, the others can be got shot of. Even Wes is a pale imitation of a goalie and tav is a 4 in 7 player. Windass and Miller are beyond the pale. Miller is done, windass never will be.

Can't win 3 games in a row.? Looks like we'll lose 3/4/5/6 in a row. Would say we're a joke. Can't. COS I AIN'T LAUGHING.:mad::mad::mad:

The only people i bkame now are the board. They have proved once and for all they are not uo to it.

The last 5 weeks have been shamefull.

You blame the board all you like. They stepped up and saved our club. While a large part of the Rangers support sat on their arse. It wasn’t the support’s money that saw off the Spivs. But it should have been.

We could be looking at 4 games on the trot in the league without a win?..In my 57 years as a fan I can't recall this happening..In my approaching senility maybe someone could correct me?

The only people i bkame now are the board. They have proved once and for all they are not uo to it.

The last 5 weeks have been shamefull.
Their appointments have been awful and they wasted too much money.I can't see how they can fix this.Only a top class manager with cash for his own players can do it.The board know this and that's why they are in shit creek.

I understand mate, but what do you suggest?
We can't go on like this. I watched us through the 70's and 80's, we were bad then and crowds drifted away, they will again if this continues.
We need an '86 style revolution.
If we are in this state when season ticket renewals are out in April I think we have a huge problem because I can see a large number of folk not renewing. I'll renew but, incredibly loyal though our support has been, many people are just about at breaking point.

Despair doesn't even start to describe it.

The question I want an answer to is.....Why do we drop out of every game in the second half. Happened with Warburton, Pedro and now Murty.

My second question, Miller, Holt, Windass, Herrera WHY??

The new managers remit will be to get a European spot regardless of what position. That's how much the season is over and how far we have fallen. The nightmare continues. I can't wait to wake up. Oh what has happened to our proud team, institution and reputation? I would not want to be board members at the AGM, i think they have a shellacking heading their way, with some justification i think.

That should be Millers last game in THE JERSEY. Sling yer hook pal.....................
unless ya wanna be Manager.
You act like it anyhow.
Tonight was the first time for weeks that he consistently passed to men in a blue jersey. Pity we were playing in red. He has been a good servant over many years but he is done. Absolutely done I'm afraid. Game over.

You blame the board all you like. They stepped up and saved our club. While a large part of the Rangers support sat on their arse. It wasn’t the support’s money that saw off the Spivs. But it should have been.
They sure did. But. They now have a responsibility as CUSTODIANS of THE RANGERS to do their best for the good of the club. All this "They saved us from the Spivs" cobblers is starting to wear a wee bit thin.

The board is to blame for the shambles of not having a manager along with the last appointment which has seemingly set us back years.

I take your point re stepping up and saving the club which is true bit it doesnt excuse their neglegence since.

Murty is the one who's taking and will take all the flack from these defeats while our board sit silent, Murty is the easy option for them and saves a managers wage every week he's in charge, Downside of that is we could now easily slip into 4th or 5th place or worse if it isn't sorted quickly.

I know it might come across as if's but's and maybe's... Had we done what we should have done last week and beat Hamilton, Beat a bottom of the table Dundee tonight and given the sheep play Kilmarnock tomorrow and Kilmarnock could take something from the sheep tomorrow.. We could have been sitting pretty going into the game against the sheep on Wednesday, But once again we have shot ourselves in the foot big time and failed to take advantage of the sheep dropping points.

I reckon we'll also loose both games against the sheep home and away in the space of a few days.

Really don't know where the finance is going to come from to fix all this, The whole team needs rebuilding once again and the board must also be held partly responsible as we've just pished money down the drain in the millions for sub standard players, Some who i still can't believe we signed nor do i believe want to be here.. Pena and Herrera transfers should never have been sanctioned and we're stuck with them on big wages for the best part of their contracts and only yet another big payoff will see them gone, Bad choices once again and we just never learn from past mistakes which in the long run costs the club a great deal of money, Mismanagement would be a better word.

Everyone was quick to want Pedro out the door (with reason) but the board sacking him without having a replacement lined up is worse than negligent.

I fear the worst going forward. I honestly believe that Miller has far too much influence in the dressing room and the next manager has to get rid of him.

I think Miller made Pedro's time here much harder than it needed to be. He's worse than a man down.

assuming the Pedro vs Miller stuff was true
one goes, other has to too
otherwise, the other is now bigger than the club - more important

I’ve had my season for more than 30 years,I,m now questioning if I can take any more of this heartache?
I,m 61, There’s plenty other things I need to do at my age that would be more fulfilling than getting depressed every week watching Rangers?
I could be arranging my funeral or watching the paint dry in the bedroom,that must be more entertaining????

First time I laughed tonight ... cheers mucker

The tools have been dropped from Pedro's signings...

Alves = Injured
Cardossa = Injured
Jack = The best of the lot as he made his Scottish debut in a friendly
Dorrans = Injured for most part
Candeias = Looks good in spells but loses interest as the game flies past him
Pena = Injured
Morelos = Confidence shot to pieces
Herrera = Dropped tools

What a situation we find ourselves in,a lot worse off than when Warburton was here or even during supers tenure.

One look at the bench and you just knew before the start that if things weren’t going well they weren’t going to get any better with subs.
A novice manager read the game better and made the switch that brought them the winner.
We’re too easy to play against and a new manager has it all to do.
We were utterly heartless.

What's the deal with that o'hara lady's front bottom, he's absolutely honkin every second of his life apart from when he plays against us, always scores

I said in another thread that I will back the club and go on Wednesday and would urge everyone to keep doing similar.

Genuinely though, if I sit in my seat and see Miller, Windass and Holts names on the team sheet I will be hard pushed to say I wouldn't be tempted to head straight back down the steps.

Hard to see where we go from here.
A new manager has to start again given the tools at his disposal.
Honestly who would you keep?

How many times over the last five years have we said: Worst Rangers team ever?
May I add goals aside,Windass is the worst number 11 in Rangers history.
And by him now being an automatic pick,Murty has absolutely no clue either.
Do we really need two wingers?replace the shitbag with anyone,even moving John up,and
bringing Hodson back in surely can't be any worse.

Hard to see where we go from here.
A new manager has to start again given the tools at his disposal.
Honestly who would you keep?
Alves, McCrorie, Candeias and Morelos. Maybe Foderingham and Jack. And maybe someone else might be able to get something out of Dorrans. But that would be about it for me. A very depressing state o affairs.

Not easy to watch, in fairness to Jack he does not shy away from facing the camera's after a defeat it was the same last week and in luxembourg.

Alves, McCrorie, Candeias and Morelos. Maybe Foderingham and Jack. And maybe someone else might be able to get something out of Dorrans. But that would be about it for me. A very depressing state o affairs.
everybody on that list but jack imo

Back