Dutch lockdown football

Johnny.mcb

On the news don’t know how to post the link, Holland announce full lockdown until 19th January , pubs, restaurants , theatres, stadiums, schools the whole shooting match unfortunately I wonder if we will end up doing the same. Two families only for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

Could today be the last we see our team until after the winter break who knows

Covid: Dutch go into Christmas lockdown over Omicron wave https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59713503

As much as it's for the wrong reason, the winter shutdown being a bit longer and playing football at more suitable times of the year is something that I'd like clubs to revisit. Summer football hinders the Scandinavians but we're at lot closer to them in terms of climate than the ones we're trying to keep up with around Europe.

As much as it's for the wrong reason, the winter shutdown being a bit longer and playing football at more suitable times of the year is something that I'd like clubs to revisit. Summer football hinders the Scandinavians but we're at lot closer to them in terms of climate than the ones we're trying to keep up with around Europe.
Quite like the idea myself. At the end of the day we need to give ourselves the best chance at the CL group stage and that would.

How long can we all go on like this? Its been two years just about of the same rinse and repeat shaite.
I've lost two good people to this in the last year directly from the virus. Another family member currently has it and have also had a very close friend take his own life due to the strain all of this lockdown nonsense and worry had put on him the first time round.

I don't know what the answers are but surely we can't keep doing this shaite forever?

After or perhaps before boxing day I'd think its possible (probable?) it will go BCDs.

Leagues know they have contracts to fulfill. It won't stop games I don't think.
BCDs would be my bet. Protocols etc are fresh in the memory and you'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard for clubs to implement those measures again in order to keep the fixtures going

BCDs would be my bet. Protocols etc are fresh in the memory and you'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard for clubs to implement those measures again in order to keep the fixtures going
The problem with BCD is the cost to clubs . There’s no money left to compensate for no crowds which for many of them is their lifeline

How long can we all go on like this? Its been two years just about of the same rinse and repeat shaite.
I've lost two good people to this in the last year directly from the virus. Another family member currently has it and have also had a very close friend take his own life due to the strain all of this lockdown nonsense and worry had put on him the first time round.

I don't know what the answers are but surely we can't keep doing this shaite forever?
Im really sorry to hear that mate,its depressing as hell with no end in sight by the looks of it

Trading standards at Renfrewshire District Council, the enforcement agency for all things covid have sent directives out to businesses in their catchment areas (catering and hospitality in my case). The rules they have stipulated are akin to the most severe, outwith total closure, that we have seen since we were allowed to re-open. e.g. screens at service areas, table service where possible, limited numbers, maximum customer spacing.

Make no mistake about it, we are headed for another tranche of severe restrictions on our ability to trade at full capacity. When these restrictions were in place before, football at grounds above 10,000 were BCD.

I expect a further update from Nikla on Tuesday, after the real government make theirs on Monday, that we will be in lockdown until at least the return of the schools for the Spring term. This would fit in a three week 'circuit breaker', buying them time, allowing Xmas/Ne'erday to be enjoyed without mandatory restriction to level 4.

After that? Who knows? We were told the same last year and were not allowed to reopen till April.

Before anyone starts as to the rights and wrongs, or gets into any 'civil liberty' debates, all I am doing is setting out the info I have and my interpretation of such. I know no more or less than the 'average Joe', because I am Joe too.

The problem with BCD is the cost to clubs . There’s no money left to compensate for no crowds which for many of them is their lifeline
Mmmmm, but even the lockdown fanatics admit it can't be any further than mid-late Jan at the absolute earliest. (Yes I'm fully aware the last time it lasted months, and no I don't trust any of them).

It will be hard enough getting Tory MPs to agree to shut down for a fortnight never mind anything else.

Trading standards at Renfrewshire District Council, the enforcement agency for all things covid have sent directives out to businesses in their catchment areas (catering and hospitality in my case). The rules they have stipulated are akin to the most severe, outwith total closure, that we have seen since we were allowed to re-open. e.g. screens at service areas, table service where possible, limited numbers, maximum customer spacing.

Make no mistake about it, we are headed for another tranche of severe restrictions on our ability to trade at full capacity. When these restrictions were in place before, football at grounds above 10,000 were BCD.

I expect a further update from Nikla on Tuesday, after the real government make theirs on Monday, that we will be in lockdown until at least the return of the schools for the Spring term. This would fit in a three week 'circuit breaker', buying them time, allowing Xmas/Ne'erday to be enjoyed without mandatory restriction to level 4.

After that? Who knows? We were told the same last year and were not allowed to reopen till April.

Before anyone starts as to the rights and wrongs, or gets into any 'civil liberty' debates, all I am doing is setting out the info I have and my interpretation of such. I know no more or less than the 'average Joe', because I am Joe too.
Totally sole destroying stuff

Only a matter of time before a deadlier variant, outwith the scope of the vaccine and faster spreading than Omicron arrives. Back in the house for months. Time folk hit the streets. Like in Belgium, Germany, Holland. This is a cycle we're in now.

Just me gets sick reading about this pish? It’s like there’s a will to be proven right that “I knew we’d get locked down”. Let Holland do what they want. How many of you happy to predict doom and gloom are shot up and dont even pause to think WTF?

Only a matter of time before a deadlier variant, outwith the scope of the vaccine and faster spreading than Omicron arrives. Back in the house for months. Time folk hit the streets. Like in Belgium, Germany, Holland. This is a cycle we're in now.
In the name of f***

@FhillBear .
Not sure what you find so funny about my post. It certainly wasn't meant as a joke. I and my staff don't treat it as a laughing matter. We treat it as a threat to our jobs and livelihoods and we still have to engage with the 'I'm exempt' self proclaimed entitled arseholes who think restrictions are for other people.
I won't be locked down again I'm afraid. We were sold vaccine as a return to normality. Now we're heading back inside. Not for me. Me and my family will do our own thing. We're only here once.

I won't be locked down again I'm afraid. We were sold vaccine as a return to normality. Now we're heading back inside. Not for me. Me and my family will do our own thing. We're only here once.
I hear you but you won’t get a choice. You can’t eat in a restaurant that’s shut. You can’t go to a stadium that’s shut. You can’t swim in a pool that’s shut. Whether we like it or not we will be locked down. It begs the question where do we go from here

We are nothing of the sort.

Winters over there are way colder than here!

You do know that you won't be able to go anywhere if a lockdown happens?
No pub, no restaurant, no theatre, cinema, football etc. Businesses can't just cry out, 'fook it! we're exempt'. Not without facing a £10,000 fine.

Charge on Davester.

I hear you but you won’t get a choice. You can’t eat in a restaurant that’s shut. You can’t go to a stadium that’s shut. You can’t swim in a pool that’s shut. Whether we like it or not we will be locked down. It begs the question where do we go from here
I get that. But if I want to go a drive somewhere. A walk somewhere. Meet up with my family, or my mates, then I'll do it, no problem. It is never ending if we go along with it. Btw I'm no anti vaxxer etc, but enough is enough.

You do know that you won't be able to go anywhere if a lockdown happens?
No pub, no restaurant, no theatre, cinema, football etc. Businesses can't just cry out, 'fook it! we're exempt'. Not without facing a £10,000 fine.

Charge on Davester.
As i said to other poster, if I want to go a wee drive with missus, or visit family or have them at mine, or meet my mates etc, I'll just do that. Obviously boozers etc closed, not much I can do about that.

Back