Early examples of Dembele Dollars?

It would be very interesting to see how different things would have been since 2000 with an impartial Rangers

Didn’t McStay throw his jersey into the Jungle in the belief he was leaving the Chamber of Secrets thinking he was being transferred in the summer to then find out nobody wanted him so he stayed at Savile FC!?!?!?!
He did and wasn't even embarrassed when it went tits up

Mcstay also to. I'm sure there was not one bid for him.

Can't remember his value, but he was bummed up severely. ( May be the wrong phrase, probably not. ) :))
Mcstay made a big deal about leaving them, emotional last match at park head tears streaming down his face, threw his boots to the jungle and greeting like a big lassie as he said goodbye for one last time.

Start of next season the bold maestro rocks back up cause not one club was interested in him

Forrest to Liverpool a few years ago was hilarious. This was even when Liverpool had Salah etc.

Reactions: VGM
I remember Didier Agathe (who to be fair was a player) being linked with 10m moves to Juve and Valencia. One season later he cant get a game for Gordon Strachan. They eventually terminated his contract and he left on a free.

If you can stand it there is also this story....

WINGER AND A PRAYER - DIDIER'S SECRET PILGRIMAGE TO RESTORE STATUE OF MARY

CELTIC star Didier Agathe is making secret visits to a graveyard to help restore a statue of the Virgin Mary. The winger frequently visits St Peter's Cemetery, just a few hundred yards from Celtic's Glasgow training ground.

He discovered it had a statue of Our Lady of Fatima, erected at a woman's grave, in a state of disrepair.

So Agathe has been using his visits after training to help fix the statue.

On the anniversary of the death of the woman, the 27-year-old footballer, who is a devout Catholic, bought flowers from a local florist.

The widower of the dead woman has met with the star and now the two of them are making sure the statue looks like a fitting tribute. Agathe even asked the pensioner, of Dennistoun, Glasgow, for his permission to keep up his visits.

The star, who played a vital part in both Celtic goals last Thursday to earn them a place in the UEFA Cup quarter- finals, is known to take his religious beliefs very seriously.

He was born on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion, where 86 per cent of the population are Catholic. Agathe prefers not to spend his wages on high living and has helped youth projects in Reunion through his career in football.

He spends every Sunday and most days after training visiting the statue in the east end of Glasgow. The family who own the plot declined to comment on Agathe's good deed.

A spokesman for Celtic said: "Didier considers his religion and football to be two totally different things.

"This is a very private matter for him.

"He only went to the statue a few times to clean it up but doesn't want a big fuss made of it."

The story of Our Lady of Fatima relates to claims made in 1917 by a group of three children that Mary appeared before them with a message for all mankind.

The children were playing near Fatima, Portugal, when they claim they were visited six times in total by the mother of Christ, who warned the world to repent for its sin and asked all Catholics to pray for Russia. Agathe shares his devotion to Our Lady of Fatima with Pope John Paul II.

The Pope believes that Our Lady of Fatima saved his life after the 1981 assassination bid by Turk Mehmet Ali Acga in Rome. On his last vist to Portugal, the pontiff placed the bullet which was removed from his wound in the shrine at Fatima.

GW591H422

Mcstay made a big deal about leaving them, emotional last match at park head tears streaming down his face, threw his boots to the jungle and greeting like a big lassie as he said goodbye for one last time.

Start of next season the bold maestro rocks back up cause not one club was interested in him

Shite agent perhaps. Nah. Just over rated.

To be honest Mcstay was a right good player imo.
He was far better than them.
He was a good player, but I think he got to a certain stage and stopped improving. Whereas Barry (using him as they both broke through the youths and were seen as big hope) continued to improve to the point he was dominating big European games.

Always been the case over the years. They’ve always got someone who the biggest teams in the world are willing to shell out pyoor millions for.

Not quite Dembele dollars, but they claim to have the highest score in a British cup final at 7-1. Both Wrexham 8-0 and Linfield 10-0 obviously don't count.

Nothing will ever beat the Daily Record’s front page headline that Messi was threatening to quit Barcelona unless they signed Celtic’s Dembelé.

That was truly astounding. Who even has the brass neck to print that tosh.

All the yahoo's were lapping that S***e up as well. Just shows how far the mainstream media have fallen!

Like the £30m Charly Musonda...........a loanee, but who could forget the man who used to listen to Celtic games on his radio back in Cameroon? Landry N'Guemo - the £20m
man.

Senior career*
Youth career
Club information
Personal information
Full nameLandry Joel Tsafack N'Guémo
Date of birth28 November 1985 (age 34)
Place of birthYaoundé, Cameroon
Height1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
Playing positionDefensive midfielder
Current teamKongsvinger
Number27
2001–2005Nancy
YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2005–2011Nancy127(4)
2009–2010Celtic (loan)35(0)
2011–2014Bordeaux67(2)
2015Saint-Étienne14(1)
2015–2017Akhisar Belediyespor21(2)
2017Kayserispor9(0)
2018Abha
2019–Kongsvinger18(0

Brown/Forrest £10m to Spurs. Redknapp making personal plea

Messi demanding the Barca board shell out £40m for Dembele

Izaguirre to Man U/Arsenal £10m +

the list is endless.... :D

Again, you might actually see Dembele move for Dembele dollars this summer - regardless of what we say, he is right on track to be a top striker.

H
Didn’t McStay throw his jersey into the Jungle in the belief he was leaving the Chamber of Secrets thinking he was being transferred in the summer to then find out nobody wanted him so he stayed at Savile FC!?!?!?!
He also threw his boots into the jungle then in July when nobody wanted him he took an advert out in the Celtic view asking for them back !!!
Well that’s what I tell the scum in my work.

Got to give them really know how to get there players price blow up, but how much are they really getting. Most of them end up going to undisclosed amounts

I’ve read the following in the papers:

Brian McLaughlin was the new Jinky Johnston
Simon Donnelly is the new Dalglish and my personal favourite, Efe Ambrose is the new Yaya Toure.

It used to annoy me, I find it hilarious now.

Efe fucking Ambrose! :)) :))

I recall Simon Donnelly being touted for big money moves to England, how'd that turn out?

Like the £30m Charly Musonda...........a loanee, but who could forget the man who used to listen to Celtic games on his radio back in Cameroon? Landry N'Guemo - the £20m
man.

Personal information
Club information
Youth career
Senior career*
Full nameLandry Joel Tsafack N'Guémo
Date of birth28 November 1985 (age 34)
Place of birthYaoundé, Cameroon
Height1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
Playing positionDefensive midfielder
Current teamKongsvinger
Number27
2001–2005Nancy
YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2005–2011Nancy127(4)
2009–2010Celtic (loan)35(0)
2011–2014Bordeaux67(2)
2015Saint-Étienne14(1)
2015–2017Akhisar Belediyespor21(2)
2017Kayserispor9(0)
2018Abha
2019–Kongsvinger18(0
He must have slipped past me. Can't recall him at all.

Back