edmiston house

The club needs to come out and address this situation ASAP. It was meant to be open by now and we’ve hired a manager as well for it opening.
Wee Smirking Robertson nowhere to be seen on this one either. Couldn't wait to do his interviews on it (and anything else he could get his mug into frame for) last year when we were flying high though.

I find it amazing to hear that some of our directors are not interest in this project .

Is it a vanity project for some directors ?

Surely with the profit we are going to make there is no way this project can be allowed to stop start due to money
Some of them arent bears so look at it purely on economics. Those who wanted it had to drive the funding for it.

The project is funded by a couple of directors but predominately bears (Edminston House package and Corporate fundraising dinner).

I wouldn’t say it’s unusual to change materials, but it is unusual to start works on site and then have such a lengthy pause.

That’s a highly inefficient way of delivering a project and will be reflected in the final contract value.

Really shouldn’t have started on site if they didn’t have all the funding in place.
The project isnt as efficient from execution or cost due to the funding issues.

Some of them arent bears so look at it purely on economics. Those who wanted it had to drive the funding for it.

The project is funded by a couple of directors but predominately bears (Edminston House package and Corporate fundraising dinner).
I thought I'd heard Stewart Robertson or John Bennett say in the past that everyone in the boardroom were Rangers supporters

Maybe some of the other investors aren't bears .

But if the whole board isn't behind this ,I hope we don't end up with an Edmiston lite ,that is penny pinched and underwhelming,because this is meant to be a huge vocal point at Ibrox and a potential huge income stream.

The project isnt as efficient from execution or cost due to the funding issues.
Can I ask mate what chance have we actually got of cleaning up and modernising the actual surrounds of Ibrox if we can’t even agree on funding for or finish a relatively simple building within a certain time frame?

Honest to god this kind of thing makes me sick to my stomach. We had a team this season who gave their all and took us all the way to a European final, and yet our boardroom seems to be run like some kind of bowling club committee from 1978.

In my heart I’d hoped we would buy the complex and pitch directly across from the main stand and pedestrianise and smarten up the full area around the ground with proper walkways, some trees, a proper memorial for the 66 , and an improved Grieg statue holding the 72 cup winners cup.

Ibrox is tired and dated beyond belief especially the surrounds. It badly needs modernised but is there the will to do it?

Bizarre you’d want to!
Did you buy it hoping for instant gratification, you have helped lay the groundwork’s of a significant and important building that will showcase our history
I bought it because they told me it would be finished in time for our 150th anniversary. It wasn’t .

I thought I'd heard Stewart Robertson or John Bennett say in the past that everyone in the boardroom were Rangers supporters

Maybe some of the other investors aren't bears .

But if the whole board isn't behind this ,I hope we don't end up with an Edmiston lite ,that is penny pinched and underwhelming,because this is meant to be a huge vocal point at Ibrox and a potential huge income stream.
There are directors on the board who arent bears.

Last edited:
Can I ask mate what chance have we actually got of cleaning up and modernising the actual surrounds of Ibrox if we can’t even agree on funding for or finish a relatively simple building within a certain time frame?

Honest to god this kind of thing makes me sick to my stomach. We had a team this season who gave their all and took us all the way to a European final, and yet our boardroom seems to be run like some kind of bowling club committee from 1978.

In my heart I’d hoped we would buy the complex and pitch directly across from the main stand and pedestrianise and smarten up the full area around the ground with proper walkways, some trees, a proper memorial for the 66 , and an improved Grieg statue holding the 72 cup winners cup.

Ibrox is tired and dated beyond belief especially the surrounds. It badly needs modernised but is there the will to do it?
I dont have much confidence in them doing any of it.

The shambles they have made of our major anniversary year should see a lot be moved on but wont be.

Pretty sure the champions wall was £50.

No idea what the board are going to do with this one. Surely even Robertson amd Bisgrove don't have the redneck to build a champions wall outside Ibrox when we gifted Celtic the league.
The players gifted them the league by drawing 6 games we should have won easily.

They are delaying the project cause they are worried about the heating and electricity bills

I bought it because they told me it would be finished in time for our 150th anniversary. It wasn’t .
It still is our anniversary isn’t it?

Ours won’t be the first building project to face delays particularly with our friends controlling the council and planning permissions

The players gifted them the league by drawing 6 games we should have won easily.
As a club we gifted them the league, that includes the players.

We signed one player who improved our starting XI over two transfer windows which didn't exactly help matters.

I don’t know how Bisgrove kops flack for McGregor not handling easy crosses or for refs not giving blatant penalties
The miserable bastards are edging back out the woodwork now the Euro dream phase is wearing off
Where did I say that the board gifted them the league?

I said 'we' that's players not being at it over the season and boardroom failure to improve the squad over 2 transfer windows.

My point remains that creating a champions wall now (10 months late) is beyond embarrassing.

As with everything Rangers, it's never smooth. Hopefully we can now progress what up until now has been a rather amatuer process.

As a club we gifted them the league, that includes the players.

We signed one player who improved our starting XI over two transfer windows which didn't exactly help matters.
The players there should have been more than capable of beating Aberdeen, Motherwell, Ross County, Dundee Utd, Hearts to name a few. The players let themselves down badly in these games

Stewart Robertson is so far out his depth, I can't believe he's not being hounded by more supporters, he's a charlatan.

No update on anything, fans have money taken and left in the dark.

How hard is it to keep fans updated?

It still is our anniversary isn’t it?

Ours won’t be the first building project to face delays particularly with our friends controlling the council and planning permissions

The issue for folk like me is when it was launched, they said there would be a launch party/event in it for April 2022.

As far as I can tell, there’s been no official communication to say it’s been delayed and the only updates we get is from a guy on Twitter taking time to look into it via Council documents.

It’s not good enough.

The lack of communication is maddening. The stuff described in this thread that may have been an issue or went wrong, none of that on it's own is a problem. Some of it actually makes sense. Shit happens. It's great the directors even wanted to get this off the ground. It makes sense to have 'ring fenced' it to stop us bleeding revenue from elsewhere that could be used for players.

But be transparent and communicate the issues. We can see the building site ffs! We can see work has been paused. Just explain why RE funding and how far we are and how much more needs to come from rank and file and corporate. If they did that, I think they'd be surprised at how quickly bears would rally to help.

Where did I say that the board gifted them the league?

I said 'we' that's players not being at it over the season and boardroom failure to improve the squad over 2 transfer windows.

My point remains that creating a champions wall now (10 months late) is beyond embarrassing.
Again a champions wall isn't for 1 league title. It's a mosiac with all our titles and is updated after each trophy. First phase is this summer. The only thing club didn't do right on this was market it properly

I wouldn’t say it’s unusual to change materials, but it is unusual to start works on site and then have such a lengthy pause.

That’s a highly inefficient way of delivering a project and will be reflected in the final contract value.

Really shouldn’t have started on site if they didn’t have all the funding in place.

Not if the client has ran out of money. Funding had to be secured via the corporate bears.

Folk on this thread suggesting we ran out of money for it.

Surely if that’s the case it’s a major concern?

Given some people made an “investment” of £150 the club should at least give those fans a proper explanation/update.

What are you worried about?
Qre u not alarmed that to fund it, they had to ask the big hitters at Ibrox to put cash in and also the champions wall has fell on deaf ears also
Small things like the cladding half cleaned etc
But hey if the board say we are OK then we are ok

The issue for folk like me is when it was launched, they said there would be a launch party/event in it for April 2022.

As far as I can tell, there’s been no official communication to say it’s been delayed and the only updates we get is from a guy on Twitter taking time to look into it via Council documents.

It’s not good enough.
Couldn't agree more. The club at the very least should give updates on what exactly is happening.

I have been advised all funds are in place, the issue is that their is a large mains cable that requires to be redirected which requires planning permission for this to be rerouted.
This will be the second issue then BTB, as previously we had the underground pipe completely filled with concrete which forced everything to grind to a halt.

This will be the second issue then BTB, as previously we had the underground pipe completely filled with concrete which forced everything to grind to a halt.
Could be BG. I was advised of this in Seville airport on the Thursday when the legends and Rangers party were in the airport as it had also been a concern for me.

Pretty sure the champions wall was £50.

No idea what the board are going to do with this one. Surely even Robertson amd Bisgrove don't have the redneck to build a champions wall outside Ibrox when we gifted Celtic the league.
I think that’s just the name of it no? Or can we only build it on a season we win the league?

I think that’s just the name of it no? Or can we only build it on a season we win the league?
Not sure, but it certainly feels like the moment they advertised it in is a bit lost now.

'The centre of the mosaic will capture Steven Gerrard lifting the trophy for our historic and coveted 55th league title.'

Not sure, but it certainly feels like the moment they advertised it in is a bit lost now.

'The centre of the mosaic will capture Steven Gerrard lifting the trophy for our historic and coveted 55th league title.'
If it’s to mark that historic title then it’s fine. Although I agree it does seem a bit in the past now.

So he gets described as timid and now he’s arrogantly smirking.. canny make our minds up eh
He's a coward. He hides when the shit hits the fan, when its all sunshine and rainbows he can't be more visible.
He's been an abject failure.
Graham Speirs doesn't get much right, but he's got Robertson's number

Back