Eintracht Frankfurt took out a full page ad in the Daily Record today

Everything has to have a celtic angle for some people doesn't it?
I’m done with them now, in an online capacity at least. No more kerryfail, Clyde phone in meltdowns, following their games if they are losing, talking to random Celtic fans of social media, reading insane blogs from Phil or semi colon etc. I’ll check the league table before our game so I see where we stand. Rangers only. What can I say, Thursday was the most traumatic on the pitch fan experience of my life.

I find this totally weird tbh.

Screams of a Celtic “oh love us please”

Constant replies / official tweets and now this?

Just say it once and move on.

Maybe just me but no chance they do this if they lost
Celtic’s please love us doesn’t involve complementing other clubs. They expect to be loved because it’s them. Frankfurt are showing respect to their opponents, given we were written off against Dortmund and Leipzig it shows a level of class above from a lot of the snobs in German football. They came to the tournament from a similar position to us too. Albeit it is quite unexpected, especially in a paper none of us would wipe our arse with!

Not one for the overly friendly stuff and it still hurts a lot but it makes me feel better seeing stuff like this. Their fans are passionate enough to know we're on the opposite end of how they're feeling the now, as we're not too different in terms of how much we love our clubs. Hope they do well in the CL, we'll be there as well.
I saw one of their fans apologising for winning after the game to another bear, I was dumbfounded, to be honest.

They go searching for it. Asking everyone and anyone about their club and sticking Celtic gear on them for a photo op.

We had a run through the EL and found affection for our club and support organically. Braga on their official Twitter, RBL officials comments after the games, The Germans in Seville who joined in songs and drank with us.

Big difference between us and them.

It’s nothing like that. They actively go around Europe looking to formulate “special relationships” with any big and/or historic club they play. The claim to have a bond with every side they meet (the same season they they had their tongue up Barcelona’s metaphorical arsehole they were also claiming special ties with Villarreal), and none of it is organic, it’s all fabricated by their board and their orc fans.

We haven’t done anything to try and invoke any sort of positive response from the likes of Frankfurt, the respect we’ve been shown has come about organically, which is great. We don’t need to try and give these clubs a reach around in the hopes they’ll be our friends and say nice things about us.
Nonetheless, isn't it better when football fans throughout Europe mix in a friendly carnival atmosphere sharing something in common, rather than the ugly tribalism of so-called football-firms bent on violence?

Just a thought.

Frankfurt have been on their own journey back.
They are an historic name in European football and they cherish that history.
I think they recognise us as having a similar heritage and they respect that.
No “look at me”, just respect.

That is very classy to be fair. Frankfurt are a proper old, traditional club and I wish them all the best. Losing a European final on penalties will always hurt but I felt the game was contested fairly by two good teams, Frankfurt perhaps edged it in regular time. We didn't deserve to lose but they deserved to win, if that makes any sense at all.

Frankfurt have been on their own journey back.
They are an historic name in European football and they cherish that history.
I think they recognise us as having a similar heritage and they respect that.
No “look at me”, just respect.
I said this the other day, but we are a massive part of their folklore in football, both Rangers as a club, and Glasgow as a city, due to there final v Real Madrid in the 60s. They seen getting us in the final as a throwback to their glory days. A proper traditional club of European fame, much like ourselves.

Sorry mate. Celtic chase "speshul relashunships" based on political ideology. "Ooh Barcelona are seperatists like us. We are best friends". "Ooh Liverpool huv a lot of Irish immigrunts in their support, they must love us"

Frankfurt are acknowledging a club that reminds them of themselves. Huge following fanbase. Full of passionate supporters. Anyone who was in Seville would testify about the bonds created between fans. Its simply reciprocal respect rather than a forced friendship

Sorry mate. Celtic chase "speshul relashunships" based on political ideology. "Ooh Barcelona are seperatists like us. We are best friends". "Ooh Liverpool huv a lot of Irish immigrunts in their support, they must love us"

Frankfurt are acknowledging a club that reminds them of themselves. Huge following fanbase. Full of passionate supporters. Anyone who was in Seville would testify about the bonds created between fans. Its simply reciprocal respect rather than a forced friendship

Fair points

I just think it’s a bit much. Tweet it once and move on

They will be looking to arrange friendlies and testimonials next

We all got on brilliantly in Seville. Like old friends meeting for a beer and a singsong in the sun. They loved us and we loved them. Two great historic clubs and two great historic supports.

Doesn’t matter.
Rangers hasn’t asked for this.
If a club wants to fawn all over us, we should more than just appreciate it.
More so given the crap we put up with from Scottish, and Irish, clubs.

Would be tremendous if we get them in the group stages.

Because they’ll be the worst team in pot 1.
I think most Pot 2,3&4 teams will be thinking the same

CL qualification and 3rd place finish is realistic for me and then into the Europa again.

If we can sort out our away form and have a striker that’s fit then anything can happen.

Disagree, it’s giving praise to others rather than asking for it (which it the tim way). Agree it wouldn’t be forthcoming if we won but we having been taking out full page ads in the German tabloids so seems about right?

It’s only Rangers for me but I now have massive respect for Frankfurt,It makes a great change from the cesspit of hate that is Scottish football .

Apart from their chairman and a few fans they've genuinely been one of the best clubs we've come against in terms of decency. Fans were overall good and good to hang around with. They've been nothing but respectful and kind in winning.

Quite liking these guys. Wish we had beaten them though. Not so sure we would have been so cool. B-D

Definitely showing a bit of class though.

Really classy from EF. Looking back on Wednesday, it was one of those matches that could have gone either way. If I'd been an EF fan and they'd lost I would have felt as we felt. It was a close run thing.

One of the things I really liked was that a Rangers V Frankfurt is that it was a match that could have easily taken place in a European final 60 years ago.

None of your artificial pish with clubs pumped full of money by rich men. Two great clubs with long and proud histories, both backed by tremendous supporters.

Class act, the final was played with respect from both teams. Little time wasting, diving or baying for cards and fouls.

Gutted to lose but fair play wishing them the best is CL

The filth in 03 were the biggest bunch of diving cheating frauds to ever deface the game up here the ref had hardly blown for full time and they were out with accusations of cheating diving Porto players whereas it was really just poetic justice
A big thug of a centre half sent off and a keeper who couldn't keep weans out a close barely got a mention
And that is how they have always been in coping with defeat
Decent response from opponents in Europe this year but the team and support have earned it

I'm quite happy to take all the positive press we can get. This isn't a typical Celtic "oh love us please" because it's not coming from us. It's not us going on about how great we were, it's others saying it unprompted.

The Frankfurt lads all around me were sound. Spoke great English, having a laugh with us before and during the game. Were classy at the end too.

I can't fault such a dignified gesture.

These European clubs show how classless Scottish football actually is.
Was thinking that myself. You see so much bile directed at us here that when we get the respect we do from proper clubs around Europe, it only serves to shine on a bigger light on what a classless and pathetic motley crew we share a league with.

It’s all PR, really. No harm to it, but I wouldn’t take it seriously

You find it weird because you're used to the cesspit of Scottish football and the MSM here. I personally find it very classy. Some of us still don't realise the magnitude of what we've achieved this season because we're still hurting, but small gestures like this certainly help.

Back