Eintracht Frankfurt took out a full page ad in the Daily Record today

The Frankfurt Fans were Amazing, met them on my travels to Seville, shared many beers with them And they were even sitting in the same row as us in the Ramon Sanchez pizjuan stadium, even after walking away from stadium they showed the Rangers fans Respect , even though it hurts, congrats to them,and meet you again in future with a better different result for us WATP

Wont Barca be in pot 1 too?

Because EF shagged them over two legs. Unless, of course, Barca dip further into their gargantuan debt to improve.
I think only league winners Champions League and Europa League winners can be in pot 1 now. I'm sure last season when Lille won the French league they were pot in 1 and PSG were in pot 2. So presume Barca will be in pot 2 next season.

Frankfurt have been on their own journey back.
They are an historic name in European football and they cherish that history.
I think they recognise us as having a similar heritage and they respect that.
No “look at me”, just respect.
That's a good point and I can understand why they feel a bond. I got the Parma third top on their return to the top flight partly because I liked the design, but a bit because I felt a bond with them having to journey through the leagues after having great matches with them when we were both in our pomp.

It’s nothing like that. They actively go around Europe looking to formulate “special relationships” with any big and/or historic club they play. The claim to have a bond with every side they meet (the same season they they had their tongue up Barcelona’s metaphorical arsehole they were also claiming special ties with Villarreal), and none of it is organic, it’s all fabricated by their board and their orc fans.

We haven’t done anything to try and invoke any sort of positive response from the likes of Frankfurt, the respect we’ve been shown has come about organically, which is great. We don’t need to try and give these clubs a reach around in the hopes they’ll be our friends and say nice things about us.
Spot on, this is simply a big German club, a proper club with class and a massive passionate support showing respect for what we brought to the proceedings. It was fine margins in the end to decide it and they got it by a whisker and if you’re a proper club and fan base you would have to acknowledge Rangers is something special, nothing more needs to be said.

I think only league winners Champions League and Europa League winners can be in pot 1 now. I'm sure last season when Lille won the French league they were pot in 1 and PSG were in pot 2. So presume Barca will be in pot 2 next season.

I'll take them and EF then, please :D

An incredible gesture by Frankfurt, when you think about it. No other Scottish football club have ever, or will ever, receive such an accolade.

I find this totally weird tbh.

Screams of a Celtic “oh love us please”

Constant replies / official tweets and now this?

Just say it once and move on.

Maybe just me but no chance they do this if they lost
What would you rather..they posted a full page ad in a national newspaper saying get it up ye rangers? Some folk man honestly, take a day off

Back