England’s chance’s against France, what do you think?

Do you think England will win ?

• Yes

Votes: 492 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 836 63.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very close game, 1-0 France
I could see it that way ,or 1.0 England.
I feel that to beat the French,the handbrake might have to come off a bit though.If we play at tempo and the kids get the quick passing going any team will struggle against it .So if it is more of a attacking game ,3.2 either way wouldn't surprise me either.

I fancy France to edge it but if England go through I can't see anyone beating them.
England fans are the gift they keeps giving with this kind of talk. Beat 3 very poor sides in a very easy draw, suddenly if they win the next game they’ll win the World Cup.

Regularly poor against any half decent side in the Nations League, 0 wins in their last 6 there. They were also very poor against USA. Oh it’s coming home, because they beat the 3 worst sides they’ve played in their last 10 games.

Last edited:
England fans are the gift they keeps giving with this kind of talk. Beat 3 very poor sides in a very easy draw, suddenly if they win the next game they’ll win the World Cup.

Regularly scudded against any half decent side in the Nations League, were very poor against USA. Oh it’s coming home.
They've had least issues out all the big teams in tournament so far.
Iran are a decent team especially defensively. Done them with ease.
USA are young well coached team that nowadays are a decent international team. That this WC shows (imo there are no outstanding international teams on the evidence of this tournament)will give any international team a game.
Wales were poor.
Senegal are decent outfit that imo would've done Poland and England dealt with them with relative ease.
As I've said there are no outstanding teams in this imo. France and England to me have looked the best out a pretty mediocre bunch. Why I think winner is in this tie.
I will add I genuinely don't care. But England winning would be pretty funny as for how much it would obviously annoy people like yourself.

I think France will be too strong for them Kyle Walker really struggled against the Senegalese winger Mbappe a bit better quality than that.

Fancy England to win unless Mbappe does a number on them. Despite scoring goals I think Giroud is too slow to trouble England and I can't see Deschamps changing it. Benzema or Nkunku would've been perfect for this game.

I must admit before last night I thought France would be too strong for England, after last night I am not really sure.

Mbappe ,will Kyle Walker be able to quiet him for 90 minutes, with that amazing pace and the goals he has scored very doubtful ?

Will Englands central defence be strong enough, a few lazy passes last night could have had them one down and then it is a different match? France won’t pass them up.

The plus points for England Harry Kane scored after a barren spell and a group of tremendous young players. Bellingham, Saka, Foden and Rashford. I also think Shaw and Rice have been terrific. The confidence they have now will increase their belief.

What do you think?
70/30 in France favour for me. Should be a cracking game though.

Mbappe and Giroud are a massive threat, but If Bellingham can control midfield, England will win. If Bellingham doesn’t, France will win, by a couple.

It's a hard one to call, both teams look amazing whilst attacking, but I'm not sure either team has a great defence.

I think/hope it could be a pretty high scoring game

Regularly poor against any half decent side in the Nations League, 0 wins in their last 6 there. They were also very poor against USA. Oh it’s coming home, because they beat the 3 worst sides they’ve played in their last 10 games.
I’ve seen highlights reels for Bellingham on the bbc. Player cam for him too. Endless features on the performance. And they only beat Cameroon.

I don’t mind a nation getting behind their team but historically England haven’t learned nothing.

They are the worlds worst for overhyping their team

Much depends on how England approach the game. I think Southgate will revert to a defensive set up and look to sneak it.
Will be supporting England but it's going to be tough

It’s 50:50 for me. I’m backing England all the way. No way could I support that bunch of poodle-walking, cheese-eating surrender monkeys against a British team.

The big threat to England might not be Mbappe's runs, Walker is quick enough & experienced enough to make it a difficult night.
The other side though, Dembele v Shaw...that is potentially where England will be exposed. If Dembele gets the better of him, then balls across the face for Mbappe & Giroud to finish could be telling.
I think England will get the better of midfield, but both the defence & the attack of the French is better.
Intriguing game.

central defence is obviously England's weak spot but it'll suit them playing against someone with no pace like Giroud in the middle. Mbappe is of course something else & Griezmann causes problems by drifting all over the shop. Haven't seen enough of the French defence to pass judgment but with Lloris in goals, any team has a chance
Maguire will clamp Giroud and DJ Khalid and the Barnsley Baresi will shut out the Ninja Turtle

Whenever they eventually meet another half decent team, they usually get done. Can't see it any different on Saturday. The frogs will win and might even break sweat for the first time as well.

Anyones game both very strong but also with weaknesses that each can exploit.

Loris isn’t brilliant. Without Kante France more open.

Shaw can be exposed etc.

Such an array of talent on both teams.

I'm leaning England but only just but first goal could be very telling making whoever conceded open up and go all out attack leaving room to go further behind.

I’ve got the French and the Dutch in the sweep so I hope not as I can’t see the Dutch beating Brazil

People on here desperate to call Brazil and Argentina poor are laughable

Argentina are 30 odd games unbeaten, Brazil have looked good and are 4-0 up at half time.

As good as any in the tournament so far

Argentina are 30 odd games unbeaten, Brazil have looked good and are 4-0 up at half time.

Argentina are only 3 games unbeaten.
Have you wiped Saudi from your memory?
Brazil are looking good though

There's a few reasons Brazil are massive favourites for the tournament.

Best attack, best keeper, solid defence, world class midfield.

They also look like they're together as a team, so barring a Neymar injury they'll win it.

I must admit before last night I thought France would be too strong for England, after last night I am not really sure.

Mbappe ,will Kyle Walker be able to quiet him for 90 minutes, with that amazing pace and the goals he has scored very doubtful ?

Will Englands central defence be strong enough, a few lazy passes last night could have had them one down and then it is a different match? France won’t pass them up.

The plus points for England Harry Kane scored after a barren spell and a group of tremendous young players. Bellingham, Saka, Foden and Rashford. I also think Shaw and Rice have been terrific. The confidence they have now will increase their belief.

What do you think?
Talking of Mbappe and walker id like to see a race between them 2 , surely walker has got to be the fastest defender of all time

Southgate has done really well with England but I think they are too slow playing from the back which will invite pressure and errors will creep in. The defence won't cope with France on the attack, I don't think. But if England can absorb the pressure and gain foothold they are as good going forward as the French so I don't have clue. Quite looking forward to it!

Have a feeling that England might sneak this by the odd goal but it's a very hard game to call. England were really poor for the opening 35 mins last night, and I don't think they are good enough defensively to keep a clean sheet against any top team, let alone this French side. On the flip side, this English side has plenty of goals in it. I think this could be a cracking game for neutral fans. I'm really looking forward to it.

My money is on France, but I wouldn't rule England out, they have a good group of young talent and I think they may well just have that squad mentality nailed down a wee bit more, could go either way but still fancy the French to nick it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back