England’s chance’s against France, what do you think?

Do you think England will win ?

• Yes

Votes: 492 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 836 63.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be a cracking game, depends on which England turns up as France won't be as wasteful as Senegal.

I see Ferdinand claiming that England are the better team but France have Mbappe. What planet is this clown on?

I see Ferdinand claiming that England are the better team but France have Mbappe. What planet is this clown on?
They know very little about football outside of England so underestimate everyone else.

It’s what makes it so glorious watching the anger and confusion as they crash out. Although hope it doesn’t turn as nasty as after the Euro shootout loss.

They are in with a right shout if they play with discipline. They are building up a head of steam and although I previously felt that the quarter finals were as good as it might get for them I now have a sneaky feeling they can beat France.

Could go either way......I think Spain could be more of a problem if they play possession football, may upset England's rhythm.

A lot depends on Maguire too.....overdue a howler

Feck it. Been doubting England from the word go. Hopefully they just get better as the tournament goes on.

I'll be watching it with my England top on with my old man and all his brothers from Sunderland.

Slightly off topic but see all that Anyone But England shi*e you get from the tuechters up here, my dad hated that. He has lived here for 50 years and has always supported Scotland in games (more than i did to be fair!). He couldn't get his head round the hatred for England.

So come on the King's 11. Get intae these French shitebags!!!

I don't think they'll be able to cope with Mbappe but will probably score a couple. Going for a 3-2 or 4-2 type result if I stick a bet on, so it'll be 1-0 England based on my record.

In a nutshell mate.

I doubt that Maguire et al have the concentration levels to handle France’s attacking players. Can they outscore their opponents though?

Different kettle of fish entirely.
England need Frances from 3 to have an off night .

Simple

Feck it. Been doubting England from the word go. Hopefully they just get better as the tournament goes on.

I'll be watching it with my England top on with my old man and all his brothers from Sunderland.

Slightly off topic but see all that Anyone But England shi*e you get from the tuechters up here, my dad hated that. He has lived here for 50 years and has always supported Scotland in games (more than i did to be fair!). He couldn't get his head round the hatred for England.

Easy when your rivals are the small teams that realistically aren't going to win anything. I wanted Hearts to win in their Europa League games, but the closer they get to a final, the more I'd start to be envious/jealous or resentful that they were doing it instead of Rangers.

My money is on Brazil to win it so I’ll be backing them but my real support if you like is with England

I think the French will win, but I'd love to see England beat the French cnuts.
60/40 in favour of the frogs.

I want France to win and I think France will win. Probably by a narrow margin because this England side is very good, especially in attack and in the middle of the park. Bit iffy defensively and I'm not convinced Stones and Maguire pairing isn't an accident waiting to happen.

Done one of those World Cup predictors at the start and had these two in the Q/F. I think France will win and lose to Brazil in the final.

Don't know if it's already been told but the joke I received last night on whatsapp was along these lines;

'If the English advance up the field in a little rubber boat, the French won't try and stop them!'

England have been very impressive going forward, especially their speed in counter attacking

But they're still very fragile at the back. Senegal cut through them too many times (with Mane they’d have fancied their chances), Maguire is still making suicidal passes, and the USA should have put away at least two of their chances

Unfortunately for England I don’t think Mbappe, Giroud, Griezman, Dembele etc will be so forgiving

McGuire can defend with his head (cross balls) it’s his feet that let him down :))
Mbappe will target him, stick on for a penalty imo.

For all the criticism of the English defence, they have conceded 2 in 4 games, and they were 6-0 up when they conceded them.

For all the criticism of the English defence, they have conceded 2 in 4 games, and they were 6-0 up when they conceded them.
They have played against Wales, Iran, USA and Senegal who are teams that England would be expected to comfortably beat.

A better team than Senegal are at least a goal up after 30 minutes of that game.

I dont think they will win but they do have a chance. For next world cup they need a new goalkeeper and central defence and then they probably genuinely have a chance.

Have a feeling England might just do it on Saturday.

Only thing countering that is the feeling/evidence that this appears to be Mbappe’s tournament.

Really looking forward to this on Saturday.

A full strength France team would win this by a couple.

With 5, possibly 6 starters out it will be close.

Penalties I reckon then it could go either way.

Same as the Euros after they'd beaten Denmark. Said Italy won't stand a chance against this England.

His passion is unquestionable and I do like some of his BT Premier League stuff but he can get carried away a bit.

I think in Attack France will give England problems but its the same England and their attack against the French defence. Foden, Kane, Saka can give them problems and for me France have a keeper that is just as prone to howlers as Pickford. I think this is quite an even game.

I think Mbappe is the game changer, if he gets going then I think England will go out. If they keep him quiet then I think England will go through

I actually think that England are possible winners although Brazil look the most likely at this stage.

England will beat France imo.

Brazil’s performance against South Korea in the first half the other night was brilliant.

Heart says England but head says France, but I said before the Wc started that it would probably be a Brazil/France final so not be too bothered either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back