Euro 2024 Germany

Unsuccessful for all Scotland games. Taking my 2 grandsons. For those that have mentioned Ticombo, are they reliable? May just bite the bullet and buy for 1 game.

No luck for me in the 2nd ballot for Italy v Albania on the 15th June, Turkey v Play off winner in Dortmund on 18th June, Scotland v Switzerland in Cologne the next day, Scotland v Hungary in Stuttgart on 23rd, or Denmark v Serbia in Munich on the 25th.

Unsuccessful for all Scotland games. Taking my 2 grandsons. For those that have mentioned Ticombo, are they reliable? May just bite the bullet and buy for 1 game.
Wait and see with Ticombo. Very reliable but UEFA will open their own face value resale portal in March. So try on there first before paying an inflated price.

I’ve done well out of these ballots for the past three Euros. This time I submitted a limited application in the 2nd phase and got 4 category 2 tickets for Scotland - Hungary.

@prenzlauerbear @Wazza - what’s Stuttgart like to visit?

Last edited:
I’ve done well out of these ballots for the past three Euros. This time I submitted a limited application in the 2nd phase and got 4 category 2 tickets for Scotland - Hungary.

I’m not 100% certain we’ll be going now. I booked Summer travel before I applied and the dates are conflicting a little. Copa America is also in the US at this time.

I’ll review over the next few days but if anyone has a genuine interest in the tickets, drop me note.

Nice one, mate! I'd say Stuttgart is one of the better cities in Germany, particularly if you like your cars. Swabian people are interesting folks. More Glaswegian than German.

Plenty of picturesque towns nearby and spas if you wanted something a bit quieter/more family oriented as well.

Last edited:
Nice one, mate! I'd say Stuttgart is one of the more better cities in Germany, particularly if you like your cars. Swabian people are interesting folks. More Glaswegian than German.

Plenty of picturesque towns nearby and spas if you wanted something a bit quieter/more family oriented as well.
I agree and would recommend both the Mercedes Museum, close to the Stadium, and the Porsche Museum which is easily accessed via its own station [I can't remember if it is on an s-bahn or u-bahn line]

Nice place, not a bad night out. One thing that is quite good is the Rack Train:

Takes you up to a small town/vaillage near where Stuttgart Kickers play, get a great view of the City.

Doubt there will be anything on in June/July but the Porsche Arena which holds Boxing and Tennis comps is right next to the Stadium as well.

Bit of info on here about all Host Cities:

Nice place, not a bad night out. One thing that is quite good is the Rack Train:

Takes you up to a small town/vaillage near where Stuttgart Kickers play, get a great view of the City.

Doubt there will be anything on in June/July but the Porsche Arena which holds Boxing and Tennis comps is right next to the Stadium as well.

Bit of info on here about all Host Cities:

Thanks, mate - much appreciated.

Applied for all 3 games, got 4x Cat A Swiss and 4x Hungary matches which ain’t bad.

So who got what ?
Got tickets for the following:

France vs Play-Off Winner 25th June Dortmund
Slovakia vs Romania 26th June Frankfurt
Winner of Group C vs 3rd Place D|E|F 30th June Gelsenkirchen

Staying in Düsseldorf for the week, first major tournament and I’m buzzing.

A mate of mine has a ticket he got through the Scotland SC that he’d give me. It seems like usually tickets bought from the national associations can’t be transferred in the UEFA app in the same way tickets bought from UEFA can.

Anyone have any idea from past experience at euros/games in Germany, if he gave me his app login, how likely they’d be to ask for ID at the gate?

A mate of mine has a ticket he got through the Scotland SC that he’d give me. It seems like usually tickets bought from the national associations can’t be transferred in the UEFA app in the same way tickets bought from UEFA can.

Anyone have any idea from past experience at euros/games in Germany, if he gave me his app login, how likely they’d be to ask for ID at the gate?

Mate is on about doing this with an England Travel Club ticket. Depends if you are unlucky I guess and have to prove your ID. I never had to at the Euros last time.

I am wondering about this Fan Pass thing though. Sounds like that is in the app, wonder if that will also have your photo on. At World Cup in Russia you had an ID card that you needed to have on you in order to get in, I think Qatar might have been same but can't remember.

Last edited:
Got nothing again, think I applied for around 25 matches over the two ballots. I’ve actually never had even one ticket from UEFA after about 10 years of going into ballots, waste of time!

Still no tickets either, Im away for 4 days and was hoping for Austria v France or Italy v Albania as it's near where I'm staying. If anyone is selling any let me know

Got two tickets in the ballot for the quarter final in Hamburg. Yet to decide whether to sell or go.

Last edited:
Got two tickets in the ballot for the quarter final in Hamburg. Yet to decide whether to sell or go. I'll probably go and hope for a better Euro experience.
Last Euros I got two tickets for the final at Wembley, which was underwhelming because of the loads of chavs and pikeys skipping in

No idea why an adult would want to attend a match like that if their nation wasn’t playing.

Last edited:
The Reeperbahn

Was meaning going to a sold out match where many of those attending aren’t supporters of either team/nation. You aren’t going to get a great experience atmosphere wise when most there don’t really care who wins. They are only giving each nation an allocation of 6,000 for the quarters. The low allocations play a big part in the CL Final being so crap on the atmosphere front these days.

Each nation should be getting 10k for each knockout tie.

Last edited:
We’re making a holiday of it. Beers, football, shit chat. What’s not to like?

I'm just pissed off at the small allocations, happens every comp and then you get folk with tickets who aren't really arsed by who they are watching! Seen it all over now - worst was Sao Paulo with England 2014, 10 Yanks walk in Hotel Foyer all with England/Uruguay tickets, same number of English lads with nowt. Like I say it’s same for CL and EL Finals, all of these things should be for fans of Clubs and Nations first, 6,000 for quarter finals at this is utterly diabolical.

Guy in my work is going to Germany , he was looking of ways on how to get some old retro Scotland shirts - so I got him a euro 96 shirt from Hong Kong . Looks quite good tbh

I’m looking forward to the Friday night opener , no work next day beer fest

My mate in work is in the TA.
Him and his mates are being quoted eye watering amounts for accommodation.
Says one or two of them may be priced out of going for all of the games they have tickets for.

Says one or two of them may be priced out of going for all of the games they have tickets for.

This is the thing, fans of nations only knew where they would be playing after the intial sales of tickets had been dished out, meaning those just going for the crack mainly got first shot at Hotels etc.... Then you've the prices of some tickets and it starts to get daft, can't blame folk for not bothering - I know some who've been stacks of away qualifiers and home internationals with England this last few year who are thinking twice.

This is the thing, fans of nations only knew where they would be playing after the intial sales of tickets had been dished out, meaning those just going for the crack mainly got first shot at Hotels etc.... Then you've the prices of some tickets and it starts to get daft, can't blame folk for not bothering - I know some who've been stacks of away qualifiers and home internationals with England this last few year who are thinking twice.

Backing up what I was saying here:

Rich man’s game following nations at these comps.

FAO any Bears thinking of going. Just reading that there's going to an offer on for an unlimited monthly DB train ticket for 49 Euros. It will run up till the end of the year, but would think it'll be extended into next year.

Not available on the ICE trains etc, but on regional trains/ other public transport:

Will do me world of good

The euros has priced me out of seeing AC/DC in Munich so I’ll have to make do with Amsterdam.

Just arranged to stay with a friend
Now need to book flights and get this month train pass

The German travel system is pretty good and not too expensive. Just stay somewhere interesting that’s not too far away, but doesn’t have a big stadium with games scheduled.

Get in early on the train, enjoy the beer, the city and the game, then either back in time for the last train or do an overnighter in a pub or club and get a train back the next morning.

They even have a ticket that costs €49 for a calendar month for the whole of Germany, but only valid for the local transport like buses, U-Bahn, S-Bahn and regional trains, so you can’t get on the fast trains like ICE/IC/EC, but the regional trains aren’t bad. Takes like 1 hour 10 minutes Hamburg to Bremen, 1 hour 20 Bremen to Hanover, 55 minutes Karlsruhe to Stuttgart, 45 minutes Augsburg to Munich etc. Sometimes doesn’t work out so well like if it takes like 4+ hours on the regional trains from Hamburg to Berlin compared to 1 hour 45 minutes on the high speed, but if you stay somewhere an hour or so away from the venue with an S-Bahn or regional train connection, that ticket does you for all these journeys, as well as all the local transport backwards and forwards to the airport, and inside the cities.

The German travel system is pretty good and not too expensive. Just stay somewhere interesting that’s not too far away, but doesn’t have a big stadium with games scheduled.

Get in early on the train, enjoy the beer, the city and the game, then either back in time for the last train or do an overnighter in a pub or club and get a train back the next morning.

They even have a ticket that costs €49 for a calendar month for the whole of Germany, but only valid for the local transport like buses, U-Bahn, S-Bahn and regional trains, so you can’t get on the fast trains like ICE/IC/EC, but the regional trains aren’t bad. Takes like 1 hour 10 minutes Hamburg to Bremen, 1 hour 20 Bremen to Hanover, 55 minutes Karlsruhe to Stuttgart, 45 minutes Augsburg to Munich etc. Sometimes doesn’t work out so well like if it takes like 4+ hours on the regional trains from Hamburg to Berlin compared to 1 hour 45 minutes on the high speed, but if you stay somewhere an hour or so away from the venue with an S-Bahn or regional train connection, that ticket does you for all these journeys, as well as all the local transport backwards and forwards to the airport, and inside the cities.
Good to know. You also get all of that travel for free 36 hours before and after any matches in the local area with a match ticket / fan pass. Well worth having a look at that as well to see if it will suit

Good to know. You also get all of that travel for free 36 hours before and after any matches in the local area with a match ticket / fan pass. Well worth having a look at that as well to see if it will suit
Where can you obtain a fan pass or get the monthly ticket?

Where can you obtain a fan pass or get the monthly ticket?

It’s on the first page of the app:

You might not need it depending on where you are going. They rarely check tickets on match days as well, them regional trains will be packed for this.

Where is the fanzone going to be in munich

Your some lad, it’s been mentioned on here a few times!

Here pal:

Back