Euro 2024 Germany

Got 4 tickets for Spain v Croatia at 150 each (ouch) but still one short as we have a group of 5.

If anyone comes across a spare ticket for this match I'll take it

Managed to get tickets for Belgium vs Romania off the uefa resale portal. We're based in cologne. Then thought %^*& it and got Scotland Switzerland off 3rd party seller site. Felt like a gamble but they contacted me to say I'd need to download the uefa app so feel better about that.

My boy will be 16. First football trip away. Were both buzzing.

Visa took a hit mind you.

Managed to get tickets for Belgium vs Romania off the uefa resale portal. We're based in cologne. Then thought %^*& it and got Scotland Switzerland off 3rd party seller site. Felt like a gamble but they contacted me to say I'd need to download the uefa app so feel better about that.

How much did you pay for the Scotland tickets?

Which 3rd party site did you use mate?

How much did you pay for the Scotland tickets?
For 3 as my father in law is going too.... all in with taxes etc came in at 1500. Paid more to get 3 together.
Which 3rd party site did you use mate?
Livefootballtickets .... used them before when I took my laddie to old trafford and was all fine.

It must be all the corporate folk reselling as they are all neutral parts of ground.

For 3 as my father in law is going too.... all in with taxes etc came in at 1500. Paid more to get 3 together.

Livefootballtickets .... used them before when I took my laddie to old trafford and was all fine.

It must be all the corporate folk reselling as they are all neutral parts of ground.
Jeez, that’s steep.

Think it’ll all be classed as neutral unless bought through an FA? They can’t be transferred either.

I'm taking my 13 Yr old boys over but have no tickets for anything yet,,where does everyone think best city fanzone/base will be and something keep kids interested for week or so?
I will be traveling to and from Amsterdam prob by train or bus with them so leaning towards Dusseldorf at the moment

I'm taking my 13 Yr old boys over but have no tickets for anything yet,,where does everyone think best city fanzone/base will be and something keep kids interested for week or so?
I will be traveling to and from Amsterdam prob by train or bus with them so leaning towards Dusseldorf at the moment

I would say Munich really on the fanzone side of things but it will be dear, as will every City but Munich is that bit dearer anyway.

One thing with staying in Düsseldorf you’ve a lot of Clubs in the area that you could possibly go and do stadium tours on on non match days, although they may well stop these during the comp as the stadiums are handed over to UEFA I am sure. With matches in Cologne, Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund though just going to those fan zones when a match is on probably be quite good, Dortmund has the German Football Museum as well, right outside the station. Top of my head I can’t think of a great deal you’d do in that area though with kids that age, take Football and drinking away there ain’t a right lot in that area I always think. Munich you’ve got all your outdoor pools for starters as well as the historic side of it. There is EuroPark around Freiburg which is a lovely City but you’d be travelling to go to any fan parks.

This tells you where the fan parks are and which are open daily etc:

Last edited:
I would say Munich really on the fanzone side of things but it will be dear, as will every City but Munich is that bit dearer anyway.

One thing with staying in Düsseldorf you’ve a lot of Clubs in the area that you could possibly go and do stadium tours on on non match days, although they may well stop these during the comp as the stadiums are handed over to UEFA I am sure. With matches in Cologne, Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund though just going to those fan zones when a match is on probably be quite good, Dortmund has the German Football Museum as well, right outside the station. Top of my head I can’t think of a great deal you’d do in that area though with kids that age, take Football and drinking away there ain’t a right lot in that area I always think. Munich you’ve got all your outdoor pools for starters as well as the historic side of it. There is EuroPark around Freiburg which is a lovely City but you’d be travelling to go to any fan parks.

This tells you where the fan parks are and which are open daily etc:

Thanks for that, Hamburg it is then lol

I’m planning on going to the fanzone at burgplatz in dusseldorf the day before the Scotland Switzerland game. Was there in 2006 when the World Cup was on and it was a great set up if I remember correctly.

I’m planning on going to the fanzone at burgplatz in dusseldorf the day before the Scotland Switzerland game. Was there in 2006 when the World Cup was on and it was a great set up if I remember correctly.

How many you reckon that holds? It’s in a great location that.

How many you reckon that holds? It’s in a great location that.
No idea mate, it was a stag weekend for @Chunky Dawz and we were all hammered by the time we went. I just remember eating bits of steak on paper plates and some cheesy music. It was Germany’s 3rd place play off so it was rammed. Great location right on the banks of the Rhine as you say.

No idea mate, it was a stag weekend for @Chunky Dawz and we were all hammered by the time we went. I just remember eating bits of steak on paper plates and some cheesy music. It was Germany’s 3rd place play off so it was rammed. Great location right on the banks of the Rhine as you say.
You’ll need a refresher on the Schwarz und Weiss song!!

Will start pencilling in My plan next month
This is going to sound like am at it but losing interest as it gets closer haha

Has anyone arranged train travel yet? Saw something that you can book with a Lufthansa flight and also heard of some sort of monthly pass that gets you between cities.

Has anyone sorted this yet?

Has anyone arranged train travel yet? Saw something that you can book with a Lufthansa flight and also heard of some sort of monthly pass that gets you between cities.

I've booked trains between Cologne, Düsseldorf and Dortmund. Just used Trainline app and prices very reasonable.

Remember you get the regional local trains for free for 36 hours with your match ticket. Particularly useful when travelling to multiple games in the Northwest region where the regional trains will sort you out.

You can also get the fan friendly €29 flat fare for traveling between host cities further afield. It’s on the Euro 2024 website.

From what I understand it only includes tickets to and from the stadium.

Was hoping it’d allow travel and stops in between non host cities too
I've not got tickets for any games, was hoping they had some type of pass for people without match tickets.

Remember you get the regional local trains for free for 36 hours with your match ticket. Particularly useful when travelling to multiple games in the Northwest region where the regional trains will sort you out.

You can also get the fan friendly €29 flat fare for traveling between host cities further afield. It’s on the Euro 2024 website.
No doubt a daft question, but is Dussledorf to Gelsenkirchen considered a regional train? I think that's the only train journey we'll need to make on the day of the England game.

Any travel in the region Cologne, Dusseldorf, Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund is free with a match ticket on the regional trains on matchday and up to 6pm the next day. no need to book tickets. No need to use the ICE trains.

Any travel in the region Cologne, Dusseldorf, Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund is free with a match ticket on the regional trains on matchday and up to 6pm the next day. no need to book tickets. No need to use the ICE trains.
This is my plan as I have tickets for the R16 in Dortmund, Gelsenkirchen and Düsseldorf all on consecutive days. Based in the middle of all 3 so just planning to use the regional trains on each match day.

This is my plan as I have tickets for the R16 in Dortmund, Gelsenkirchen and Düsseldorf all on consecutive days. Based in the middle of all 3 so just planning to use the regional trains on each match day.

It’s a walk in the park around there for trains. This is the network map.

Going to Schalke in a few weeks and staying in Essen, never had a drink around there so will see how it goes. Aside from Düsseldorf and Cologne I’ve found Bochum to be the best drinking town around there.

It’s a walk in the park around there for trains. This is the network map.

Going to Schalke in a few weeks and staying in Essen, never had a drink around there so will see how it goes. Aside from Düsseldorf and Cologne I’ve found Bochum to be the best drinking town around there.
This is really helpful. Thanks mate. Duisburg for us.

This is really helpful. Thanks mate. Duisburg for us.

Ha, staying there for the quarters if we make it. Been the ground but never around the town, meant to be a bit dodgy but so close to plenty of good places it’s no hassle.

@Wazza
Do you know if Mannheim to Stuttgart is classed as local. That’s where we are staying for the Hungary game.

@Wazza
Do you know if Mannheim to Stuttgart is classed as local. That’s where we are staying for the Hungary game.

Top of my head I don't think it will be, unless you are on a real budget I think I would do that by ICE train just for ease and time really.

Looks very poor for local trains after the match as well:

picture url

@Wazza

This seems to confirm it as no, handy site:

Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund Stuttgart - VVS (host city:Stuttgart)
VVS network map
Like Hamburg, a relatively small network that doesn't extend much beyond 'Greater Stuttgart'. Includes: Marbach, Ludwigsburg, Bietigheim-Bissingen, Weil der Stadt, Böblingen, Filderstadt, Neidlingen, Ostfildern, Kirchheim, Schorndorf, and Backnang.

Back