European football trips (Not Rangers)

Got tickets today for Las Palmas v Real Madrid at the end of the month. Only an eye watering £491 for three tickets!

Got tickets today for Las Palmas v Real Madrid at the end of the month. Only an eye watering £491 for three tickets!
I take it you’ve purchased them through a tout website mate?

Depending on who we draw in the europa, we might go via Madrid and take in the Leipzig game the night before, but tickets through tout websites are mental prices for that game.

I’m keeping an eye on Madrid’s official website, to see if I can buy directly, for the Almeria game in 2 weeks, just to give me an idea of price and availability.
I’m obviously expecting a champ league game to be a few quid more right enough.

I take it you’ve purchased them through a tout website mate?

Depending on who we draw in the europa, we might go via Madrid and take in the Leipzig game the night before, but tickets through tout websites are mental prices for that game.

I’m keeping an eye on Madrid’s official website, to see if I can buy directly, for the Almeria game in 2 weeks, just to give me an idea of price and availability.
I’m obviously expecting a champ league game to be a few quid more right enough.
No it was direct through Las Palmas website. They inflate prices v Real Madrid and barca.

No it was direct through Las Palmas website. They inflate prices v Real Madrid and barca.

Thought it would be, I think you maybe asked and we found some prices from another season.

Part of the game in Spain! Same seat be 20 euros v Vallecano!

Anyone ever just went to a country just to go to a game? (Not Rangers)

It's something I fancy doing soon and have been looking into it. I would always be travelling with at least 1 other person and would ideally start from Glasgow and plan to keep the trips as cheap as possible but it looks like Brussels, Barcelona, Alicante and Some of Poland are the most realistic options from there.
Edinburgh have some great options all across Europe that could make for some interesting trips.

Only ever been away with Rangers and the only non Rangers game I've been to is Wolfsburg v Bochum. Game was rotten but the atmosphere and the day was a great experience. There's a few on my list like Milan and Barcelona that I've wanted to do for a long time.

Any Cities anyone would recommend? I reckon I could get flights and accommodation for round about £100 for most places.
I don't know if this website has been mentioned on this thread before -
euroticketclub.com is really good for ticket and flight info, we have used it a few times, highly recommend it

I went to Denmark in November solely to watch FC Copenhagen vs Brondby IF, the biggest game in Danish football.

It was drab 0-0 game, however, I met Godrup who was there doing commentary for Danish tele.

Was at hearts game v lantana in 1998. CWC game only cause I stayed in Tallinn at the time. Went with Jim Jeffries to see lantana previously when he was scouting them

Currently sat in Gatwick after a class few days in the south of France.

Marseille vs Strasbourg was first up for me and my mate on Friday, possibly the best ground I’ve ever been in but a shame the football on display wasn’t the best. A crazy experience in so many ways with it really hitting home what an incredible one-club city the place is.

AS Monaco vs Stade Reims was next up on the Saturday, to see first hand the disparity of 2 places in terms of wealth was quite startling, like a completely different world. Monaco’s stadium is utterly bizarre and attendance can’t have been more than 8000. Strange atmosphere but a much better game than the Friday night.

A decent first Groundhop of the year with the next hopefully next month to a game down south.

Another exciting thing about this trip is that my mate, who’s doing journalism at Uni, will be writing an article about our trip for Football Weekends magazine. It should be featured in the upcoming months.
[url=https://ibb.co/W5xWK20][/URL]

[url=https://ibb.co/PtKpDsS][/URL]

Last edited:
Currently sat in Gatwick after a class few days in the south of France.

Marseille vs Strasbourg was first up for me and my mate on Friday, possibly the best ground I’ve ever been in but a shame the football on display wasn’t the best. A crazy experience in so many ways with it really hitting home what an incredible one-club city the place is.

AS Monaco vs Stade Reims was next up on the Saturday, to see first hand the disparity of 2 places in terms of wealth was quite startling, like a completely different world. Monaco’s stadium is utterly bizarre and attendance can’t have been more than 8000. Strange atmosphere but a much better game than the Friday night.

A decent first Groundhop of the year with the next hopefully next month to a game down south.

Another exciting thing about this trip is that my mate, who’s doing journalism at Uni, will be writing an article about our trip for Football Weekends magazine. It should be featured in the upcoming months.
[url=https://ibb.co/W5xWK20][/URL]

[url=https://ibb.co/PtKpDsS][/URL]

I have paid 5 euros to get in each of them.

Monaco v Hamburg in 2005 and Marseille v Domzale 2017. Both European matches. How much did you pay?

I have paid 5 euros to get in each of them.

Monaco v Hamburg in 2005 and Marseille v Domzale 2017. Both European matches. How much did you pay?
€35 total

€25 for Marseille and €10 for Monaco.

Less than my ticket for Easter Road a week on Wednesday.

I had a look at buying Real Madrid tickets for this weekends game against Almeria.
Public sale Monday there. I jumped on right before the sale started, and joined about a 45 minute que (behind about 3000 others), and there was nothing but 155euro face value seats left.
I get the size of that club, but I thought it might have been easier and cheaper than that.
Plenty available on tout websites with seatsnet being the cheapest. Has anyone ever bought from them?
Cheers.

I had a look at buying Real Madrid tickets for this weekends game against Almeria.
Public sale Monday there. I jumped on right before the sale started, and joined about a 45 minute que (behind about 3000 others), and there was nothing but 155euro face value seats left.
I get the size of that club, but I thought it might have been easier and cheaper than that.
Plenty available on tout websites with seatsnet being the cheapest. Has anyone ever bought from them?
Cheers.
I seen some yesterday morning on the site for 70 euro mate, they disappear fairly quickly though.

I seen some yesterday morning on the site for 70 euro mate, they disappear fairly quickly though.
I was using this weekends game as a kinda scouting mission, just to get an idea how easy it would be to buy direct mate.
A few of us are looking to maybe go via Madrid for our europa league match in March, and take in the Leipzig game the night before our game (watch us get sporting Lisbon and mess that up haha).
But I now know that’ll be most likely impossible to buy direct for that game, as it’ll be more popular and probably more expensive.

Does it count as a trip if I went to the 2006 Champions League final in Paris? That's basically all I've done European wise.:))

I was using this weekends game as a kinda scouting mission, just to get an idea how easy it would be to buy direct mate.
A few of us are looking to maybe go via Madrid for our europa league match in March, and take in the Leipzig game the night before our game (watch us get sporting Lisbon and mess that up haha).
But I now know that’ll be most likely impossible to buy direct for that game, as it’ll be more popular and probably more expensive.
There was a poster on this thread that managed to pick up Real Madrid v Napoli tickets at face price from the site I'm sure, definitely worth keeping an eye on it.

Sorted for my first HSV away match, Hansa Rostock next month. Out Friday night back Sunday for St Johnstone away with some stopover flights.

Was in Krakow last weekend, no football on but a cracking city for a weekend on the piss.

I'm at Hertha v Hamburg in a few weeks time (home end tickets but right over by away section so should be full of Hamburg fans). 2nd visit to Olypiastadion after Hertha v Bayern 6 years ago.

Couple of new grounds for the weekend. Friday night Magdeburg v Kiel then on Saturday morning my most random game yet Altglienicke v Luckenwalde in Regionalliga Nordost.

Back on Sunday so bit gutted... Was hoping to tick off Cottbus on the trip but they don't play until Sunday.

Done loads, was at Sevilla Vs Vallecano a few months after the final there.

Worst one was around the beast from the east time, flew out to Watch Parma on Saturday (postponed cause of snow) and Milan Derby on the Sunday (postponed cause fiorentian captain died in his sleep on the Saturday night )

Was at Fiorentina vs Genoa and an Italian boy had a Rangers scarf on.

Best was Lazio v Roma.

I went to Denmark in November solely to watch FC Copenhagen vs Brondby IF, the biggest game in Danish football.

It was drab 0-0 game, however, I met Godrup who was there doing commentary for Danish tele.
Do you know the script on when Danish league fixtures are announced? I’m in Copenhagen end of March beginning of April but there is no fixtures up. Assuming they have a split type thing.

Do you know the script on when Danish league fixtures are announced? I’m in Copenhagen end of March beginning of April but there is no fixtures up. Assuming they have a split type thing.
I went purely by what was available on FCK’s ticket site, and like ourselves, they only do 3 or 4 in advance. You’ll have to register as a member to get ticks for most clubs.

No idea about if there is a split, it was pure luck that I found they were playing that weekend I was going.

Sorted for my first HSV away match, Hansa Rostock next month. Out Friday night back Sunday for St Johnstone away with some stopover flights.

Was in Krakow last weekend, no football on but a cracking city for a weekend on the piss.

Was in Nuremberg on Saturday with Hansa. Choreography banned at home matches till end of March now after a few incidents, been a few bans issued as well I think. Affected things a bit on Saturday, not as lively as usual.

I'm at Hertha v Hamburg in a few weeks time (home end tickets but right over by away section so should be full of Hamburg fans). 2nd visit to Olypiastadion after Hertha v Bayern 6 years ago.

Couple of new grounds for the weekend. Friday night Magdeburg v Kiel then on Saturday morning my most random game yet Altglienicke v Luckenwalde in Regionalliga Nordost.

Back on Sunday so bit gutted... Was hoping to tick off Cottbus on the trip but they don't play until Sunday.

Going Sint Truiden in a few week on a Friday night, then on to Standard Liege the Saturday and then Osnabruck v Hansa the Sunday. Sint Truiden ticket site made me laugh earlier, have the names of the 3 staff they have at the ticket office and said please call if any problems with your purchase. Funny for a Club in a top division!

Is that Altglienicke match at SportPark which Dynamo used to also use?

Going Sint Truiden in a few week on a Friday night, then on to Standard Liege the Saturday and then Osnabruck v Hansa the Sunday. Sint Truiden ticket site made me laugh earlier, have the names of the 3 staff they have at the ticket office and said please call if any problems with your purchase. Funny for a Club in a top division!

Is that Altglienicke match at SportPark which Dynamo used to also use?

Yeah, game is at the Friedrich ludwig jahn sportspark. Looking forward to seeing the ground etc but imagine it'll be lucky to get 1,000 at the game itself.... hopefully hertha v Hamburg being on later in the day helps increase attendance.

Yeah, game is at the Friedrich ludwig jahn sportspark. Looking forward to seeing the ground etc but imagine it'll be lucky to get 1,000 at the game itself.... hopefully hertha v Hamburg being on later in the day helps increase attendance.

I like that ground, been to see Dynamo a couple of times there. You might be lucky to get a 1000! The steak burgers are brilliant there, always over do it when they are on sale!

Eyeing up the Dortmund v Frankfurt game on the 17th March, I’ve just registered on the Dortmund site but it doesn’t look like ticket details have been announced yet.

What do you think the chances of getting 3 tickets are? It’ll be two adults and a child but as long as we get at least two together I can sit on my own elsewhere. Is there still a chance the game maybe moved as well before I look at flights?

Cheers.

Eyeing up the Dortmund v Frankfurt game on the 17th March, I’ve just registered on the Dortmund site but it doesn’t look like ticket details have been announced yet.

What do you think the chances of getting 3 tickets are? It’ll be two adults and a child but as long as we get at least two together I can sit on my own elsewhere. Is there still a chance the game maybe moved as well before I look at flights?

Cheers.
No idea on tickets, but it's unlikely to be moved, it looks like it has already been selected for the Sunday TV slot

Reactions: AMC

Cheers.

Can't be moved, was fixed here:

Won't get any general sale but should be ok through viagogo etc. Won't get in away end. Few things on here:

They realised a few year ago how popular they are and do this now:

Cheers.

I think you are looking at 259 euros a man for 2 nights Hotel and a ticket through the Club:

You'll be able to see through this.

I might be wrong about General Sale, just they hardly ever seem to have a General Sale there and EF is a big match for both.

Found this for their match in a few weeks:

Looks like they are pretty much all gone already:

Last edited:

Cheers.
Few years ago when Rangers played Ajax I was in Dusseldorf the night before, I looked into going to Dortmund v Copenhagen in the champions league, there was plenty of public sale tickets available. I'm not sure about league matches I know there's a massive demand for Dortmund matches.

I think you are looking at 259 euros a man for 2 nights Hotel and a ticket through the Club:

You'll be able to see through this.

I might be wrong about General Sale, just they hardly ever seem to have a General Sale there and EF is a big match for both.

Found this for their match in a few weeks:

Looks like they are pretty much all gone already:

Cheers mate, yeah looked at that Freiburg game myself for an idea of things, a few random ones here and there but none together. Had a look on viagogo for that game too, looked like £50-£60 for the cheapest ones.

Sounds like some great trips - I look forward to reading about them.

We'll be in Argentina in February and have sorted out Boca tickets. This time I'll be taking the kids. Their only previous experience at a game was Rangers-Hamburg last Summer. This will prove a different environment.

Just like Wazza said the Passolig/Passo system in Turkey is a nightmare. I was responsible for helping 5 people set it up and it didn’t go smoothly. Strangely though there didn’t seem to be any reason for it.

Due to the tickets not coming out until the Thursday and delays tickets actually sold out, much to the surprise of everyone we asked. Luckily we got through a tout website reasonably priced (£30)

Went to see Fenerbahçe vs Ankaragucu a good game and great atmosphere. I think only topped by Legia Warsaw fans.

I don’t think I liked Istanbul as a city as much as I thought I would. Nice people, amazing food but some areas are just not enjoyable to explore due to the hills. Probably wouldn’t go back unless Rangers play Besiktas
or Galatasaray.

The below is a chicken shish with rice and Turkish bread which cost about £5

2609-E51-A-2-BFB-4-FBB-BDE5-13-C8-C19-F6002.jpg

E81024-B7-0-A59-467-D-9-E2-F-CB55239-FA681.jpg

IMG-7285.jpg

IMG-7290.jpg

IMG-7291.jpg

IMG-7392.jpg

Covered faces on the bottom one as I’m not actually in the picture, a pic of two of my mates.

Attended Preston vs Blackburn yesterday. A good Derby with a bit of heat, nothing compared to an Old Firm though. Preston fans were top notch with us and very welcoming in the pubs around the ground.

You weren't on TransPennine train that arrived around 11:30 were you? I was on and a few Scottish lads were on who looked like they may be going Football. Remember you saying you had some £1 tickets.

Just like Wazza said the Passolig/Passo system in Turkey is a nightmare. I was responsible for helping 5 people set it up and it didn’t go smoothly. Strangely though there didn’t seem to be any reason for it.

Due to the tickets not coming out until the Thursday and delays tickets actually sold out, much to the surprise of everyone we asked. Luckily we got through a tout website reasonably priced (£30)

Went to see Fenerbahçe vs Ankaragucu a good game and great atmosphere. I think only topped by Legia Warsaw fans.

I don’t think I liked Istanbul as a city as much as I thought I would. Nice people, amazing food but some areas are just not enjoyable to explore due to the hills. Probably wouldn’t go back unless Rangers play Besiktas
or Galatasaray.

The below is a chicken shish with rice and Turkish bread which cost about £5

2609-E51-A-2-BFB-4-FBB-BDE5-13-C8-C19-F6002.jpg

E81024-B7-0-A59-467-D-9-E2-F-CB55239-FA681.jpg

IMG-7285.jpg

IMG-7290.jpg

IMG-7291.jpg

IMG-7392.jpg

Covered faces on the bottom one as I’m not actually in the picture, a pic of two of my mates.
Absolute nightmare isn't it, did they just transfer the ticket to your passolig?

You weren't on TransPennine train that arrived around 11:30 were you? I was on and a few Scottish lads were on who looked like they may be going Football. Remember you saying you had some £1 tickets.
We arrived at 11:48 so every chance that it was us.

Latest posts

Back