Everton fans not happy with Patterson signing

Surely £12m-£16m is a drop in the ocean for a steady Premier League club at this point? They have much, much bigger problems than a young RB, but all fans like a scapegoat (our included).

Everton were spending crazy money for a while but it seems they have curtailed that a bit now. I don't think they've signed anyone of note this summer?

Paying that kind of money for a right back who is behind Coleman and Jonjo Kenny in the pecking order is insane.

Patterson should be the least of their worries.
The money that gets spunked down in the EPL and they are questioning the Patterson transfer fee?? They sound like Tims.

Everton fans have got some front calling out Patterson when you look at the dross they bought for a lot more money than Nathan cost.
Fcuk them. I wish they'd went down. I have a personal hatred for them now anyway.

For his sake, it would be better if he went out on loan and make a name for himself, it’s important for us that the likes of Paterson, Aribo and Bassey are a success to persuade other teams that it’s worthwhile buying from us.

They should be more concerned with the money paid for Dele Alli who missed a sitter from 1 yard out from a cross. He could cost them up to £40m although I suppose it's based on appearances and unlikely to reach that judging by the amount of game time Lampard has given him so far.

who cares we got a great amount of cash for him. wish him all the best tho
Fee had if my memory serves me right significant add ons regarding games played.
We need him to be a success to maximise our return.
Also if players we sell to EPL are successfull the bigger fees we will receive in the future.

Like many around his age they leave far too early for the riches of the EPL instead of establishing themselves in the SPFL. Although tbf in Patterson's case he was competing with Tavernier.

Like many around his age they leave far too early for the riches of the EPL instead of establishing themselves in the SPFL. Although tbf in Patterson's case he was competing with Tavernier.
I think he could easily play in the EPL now and given how bad Everton are I think hed do well.

He had a playing maturity that was beyond his years and if it wasnt for JT Im sure he wouldve been Rangers Right-back as long as he was fit and available.

Expectations at Everton are low, the team is poor and they need players who will really knuckle down and give their all in games. NP seems ideal for it but you get the feeling Lampard doesnt trust him and given the pressure hes under hes unlikely to take a chance on him very often.

If NP is restricted to some League Cup appearances and bench time all season then its a terrible waste of an explosive talent.

"darken our doors"

Get a grip fs.
If he was so good he d have signed a new deal and then got his move without losing his morals. You know like Patterson ,aribo and bassey not being prevented from bettering themselves .it s the reality of our league that the best talent move on and give us a decent reward for their development .
Gilmore? Doing well we're he is.
Wouldn't surprise me if he donned the poops at some point

Surely £12m-£16m is a drop in the ocean for a steady Premier League club at this point? They have much, much bigger problems than a young RB, but all fans like a scapegoat (our included).
He's clearly a project player but that's not what Everton needed. Waste of their money and a waste of his development.

The law of averages suggests it’ll be better business for us than them but the EPL is just so fucking mental you never know mate.
i do feel sorry for the lad, it was not the right move for him I dont think, but it was absolutely the right move for us.
If the Evertonians are displeased, they should take that up with their board who sanctioned the purchase, nowt to do with Rangers.

I did find it weird that fucking jonjo Kenny was getting a game ahead of him as he's fucking awful
Its because they play Townsend in front of the RB. Patterson cant overlap with him infront of him as he doesnt track back, and in the 45 mins they played together they left massive gaps as they both galloped up the park.

Kenny, as shite as he is, sits in like a Neville type full back and theoretically adds more solidity.

giphy.gif

Tav is a machine and shows no signs of slowing down. Could be waiting a long time.

Let's be brutally honest, we are going to need to find better than Patterson to replace Tav.

That's not a criticism of Nathan but he isn't in Taverniers stratosphere and sitting on his arse at Everton won't change that. So come the time we are replacing Tav, he won't be on our radar imo.

He needs to be very careful. Everton could absolutely ruin him. Best thing he could do is go out on loan to a Championship level club. He needs to be playing regularly.

Can see both Patterson and Gilmour coming back to Ibrox in the next few years.
Hope so bud. That would tip me over the absolute edge.

Patterson will go on to be a very good player. His potential is unlimited, no reason he couldn’t reach t the level of Andy Robertson.

This shows how bonkers loads were when they were slagging off Gerrard for not dropping Tav for him though. He’s still a young lad.

Maybe it's just because Everton are absolutely shite. I think there is a lot more money they have spent on dross that they should be looking at first of all.
You will probably find the c unts that are highlighting this have leanings to paedo fc.

From what I've seen/read, they aren't critical of him as a player and are more critical of the fact they signed a young fullback for that amount of money. Which is fair enough. We rightly skinned them for him. He was wrong kind of signing for them tbh. But it's not our fault their club is so badly run and it's not Patterson's fault either. Hopefully he gets a chance to shine this season.

Everton were spending crazy money for a while but it seems they have curtailed that a bit now. I don't think they've signed anyone of note this summer?

Paying that kind of money for a right back who is behind Coleman and Jonjo Kenny in the pecking order is insane.

They are in real danger of falling foul to FA's financial fair play rules I think. So they can't spend as recklessly as they have done in recent seasons. Probably why they are so pissed off at the money spent on Patterson. I'm a massive Patterson fan and hope he does great down there, but he was the wrong kind of signing for Everton at the time.

They are in real danger of falling foul to FA's financial fair play rules I think. So they can't spend as recklessly as they have done in recent seasons. Probably why they are so pissed off at the money spent on Patterson. I'm a massive Patterson fan and hope he does great down there, but he was the wrong kind of signing for Everton at the time.
this, as you say they have spent hundreds of millions on absolute dross and they had to sell their best player to spurs to recoup something back to their balance sheet , also they still do not have finance in place to fund the building of the new stadium,moshiri thus far has paid for the infilling of the dock and the groundworks ,a couple of structures have gone up above ground level,but as things stand this will be coming to a halt real soon unless they can come up with money to get this built,at the moment they are 400 million shy ,

Totally agree mate just hope it doesn’t affect his development as he has the potential to be a cracking player.

A season long loan to a Championship side might be good for him. He needs to play regularly.

He's been injured for most of the time he's been at Everton.
Yes, that's worth remembering in order to put a bit of context on matters. Was regularly on the bench at first (Jan-Mar) then had to have an ankle operation in, I think, early April. That ruled him out for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:
Saw some posts on twitter from their fans questioning who sanctioned signing him for so much money and saying he's nowhere near ready to play for them.

Must admit I'm surprised he doesn't look ready, seemed to slot in so comfortably for us and Scotland almost straight away.
Imagine starting a negative post about an ex Rangers player on behalf of another support.

It can't be easy for a young emerging talent like Patterson to realise their full potential in a struggling team with no real ambition, with a poor manager, and with teammates who are mostly mercenaries with little commitment to the club.

Its because they play Townsend in front of the RB. Patterson cant overlap with him infront of him as he doesnt track back, and in the 45 mins they played together they left massive gaps as they both galloped up the park.

Kenny, as shite as he is, sits in like a Neville type full back and theoretically adds more solidity.
Nice one

I'm rubbish at tactics and formations so wee explanations like this are useful.

Frankie boy was a great player!
But I don't think he has what it takes to make the grade as a good manager ...... Or Even a mediocre one?
He has done .....F ....all, for the lad since he arrived at Everton other than put the lad down!
It's easy too see why the majority of players had him gone at Chelsea ?
My forecast on him is that he will be gone before Xmas and replaced by Big Duncan .... Yo Ho Ho.

Another season with us playing understudy to Tav would have probably suited the player better in terms of development.

But we got great dough and things will click for the player at some point.
In terms of his development Everton was probably about the worst club he could have ended up at. Said as much at the time, it was a great deal for us but I was never particularly confident it would work out on Patterson’s end with Everton being a basket case club and just a really negative enforcement in general with every changing managers, failing players and a support who don’t ever seen to do much other than hiss and boo.

Hope he has a great season and wish the kid all the best. We get an % if he moves on so hopefully he gets an other move and we make so cash

Back