Everton fans not happy with Patterson signing

Everton have one of the most toxic fanbases in the country. Seem to be supported exclusively by bitter, angry wee men.

Liverpool Echo reported positively about Pattersons performance against Blackpool.

"a stunning back-post ball.."
"Everton....looked stronger, fitter and quicker than their opponents. Key to that was the role of Patterson, whose lung-busting runs continued to cause trouble. He won a corner when refusing to give up on a loose ball and then won another when another sumptuous cross almost picked out Dele."

A massive thread about Everton fans not being happy with Nathan, because 1 fan account tweeted something.
Most Everton fans want him to get a run of games.
Watched the game today, he barely got a touch of the ball, because the 3 centre backs kept passing between themselves before going long.
When he did get the ball he showed his ability with 2 great assists.
Patterson is raw and not probably not quite ready at the level, but if they put trust in him and give him a run of games, he'll be a star in no time.

Last edited:
I'm desperate for the young man to do well and I think he will come good down there. Benefits us longer term as well if our exports actually go and do the business. It's one thing getting the transfer fees but its another thing entirely having them justify it. Strengthens our position massively if he succeeds.

Watched the game on Youtube today. He played wing back with license to get forward and had a good game. Had two assists with crosses from the right and was involved another goal with a lovely little chipped ball down the line. He also is actually very good in the air, but has probably stretched a bit in the last year. The Everton fans criticism of him is that he can't defend, but I have seen no examples of this. Can be a little bit rash at times, but his passing is excellent and nicked the ball off the opposition a couple of times too. Once he settles and gets used to his team mates IMO he'll keep improving and I don't expect him to be at Everton much longer than next season unless they drag him down to their level. The Everton side that started today was ok, but they have no depth of squad at all and should they get even a couple of injuries they could be in big trouble. Pickford threw one in today as well.

It’s almost like posters on here just blow with the wind and if Everton fans think he’s shite then we won a watch and robbed them bla bla bla no context of injuries and relegation situation. He was brilliant for us and Scotland in his cameos. Mind the forum were disgusted he wasn’t getting a game for Scotland, now apparently he wasn’t that good… keep your powder dry the guy is 20 years old.

Great player, but to be fair the move probably came a wee bit too soon for him.
He was never dislodging Tav from that RB slot though.

No doubts at all from me that Nathan Patterson will come good and develop into a top level modern day fullback. Everton fans are idiots to write him off on one friendly performance after a long term absence (eapecially given some of the abslutte fodder they've spunked mych bigger fees on) and glad to see them start to change their tune today.

One of the things that impressed me most about Patterson wheb he was with us was the lads mentality.

Fined and suspended by the club for a breach of covid regulations and reputation taken a beating? No worries - head down and scores 16 seconds after coming on in his next game. In a euro knockout tie no less.

First OF game? No worries - MOTM performance.

Scotland caps in front of a tartan army who are notorious for their dislike of anyone connected to Rangers? No worries - shines in every game and has most of them singing his praises.

He just seems to have the required steel about him to make it a success down there. Did we get good money for him? Yes, of course...but his potential remains sky high (easily Robertson/ Tierney level of profile) and Everton would do well to show a bit of patience and give him the chance to shine.

Jack Simpson
Some of the criticism of this lad was a wee bit pathetic.
He is the best Scottish right back we have produced since Hutton.
No disrespect to Alan but I think he will go on to be better.
You could see the potential bursting out of him in his brief outings in the Rangers team.
It is a shame we had to let him go, but he left as a Rangers player with his head held high and helping his boyhood club into the bargain.
He will continue his career elsewhere with the fond good will from every decent Rangers supporter for as long as he plays, of that I am certain.

Two assists and a cross in which was going in anyway but yer man Deli Ali contacted with it and then claimed it as his - the same guy that crocked Patterson in training for his surgery just after he signed, thus preventing him from playing...

I 'work' with one - think of a carla lane stereotype of a scouser and then turn it up to 11
I’ve worked in Liverpool for 21 years. Everton supporters are the most miserable-faced, moaning, bitter bastards in English football. Their jealousy of Liverpool is all consuming (sound familiar?), to the extent that at the tail end of last season, three of them told me that if they had to choose, they would rather get relegated if it would guarantee Liverpool lost the CL final. That’s an attitude I can’t comprehend and is Shettleston levels of insanity.

I think he will get chances with Lampard and fully take them. He brought youth through at Chelsea, albeit he had to due to the transfer ban.

I’ve worked in Liverpool for 21 years. Everton supporters are the most miserable-faced, moaning, bitter bastards in English football. Their jealousy of Liverpool is all consuming (sound familiar?), to the extent that at the tail end of last season, three of them told me that if they had to choose, they would rather get relegated if it would guarantee Liverpool lost the CL final. That’s an attitude I can’t comprehend and is Shettleston levels of insanity.
No wonder they're so miserable.
It must be horrible having so little success, while your City rivals are 1 of the most successful and famous clubs in world football.
Fair play to diehard Everton fans.

A massive thread about Everton fans not being happy with Nathan, because 1 fan account tweeted something.
Most Everton fans want him to get a run of games.
Watched the game today, he barely got a touch of the ball, because the 3 centre backs kept passing between themselves before going long.
When he did get the ball he showed his ability with 2 great assists.
Patterson is raw and not probably not quite ready at the level, but if they put trust in him and give him a run of games, he'll be a star in no time.
Which is why folk on this forum saying we robbed Everton is ridiculous. To anyone who understands even the slightest bit about football he is a massive talent in the making and £16m is peanuts for an epl side.

How many of there players have scored in a europa
group stage ? not many i bet...
The fact there team is happy to play seconed best
to the scum of world football says it all really.

Scoring in the Europa league group stages has no cache in England so they won’t give a toss about that.

No wonder they're so miserable.
It must be horrible having so little success, while your City rivals are 1 of the most successful and famous clubs in world football.
Fair play to diehard Everton fans.
Oh I get that, but actually preferring your team to get relegated? That’s just not normal. They’re called Bitter Blues for a reason.

Oh I get that, but actually preferring your team to get relegated? That’s just not normal. They’re called Bitter Blues for a reason.
Of course mate, I wasn't defending that statement about the relegation haha
That's just bonkers.

Quite amusing reading through all the posts about the lad not being anywhere near EPL, yeah Everton at home to Bournemouth or Brentford and Wolves, Villa or Newcastle away, seriously intense high quality fixtures he wont have experienced before at Ibrox or with the national side. No way hes ready for that.

Just a hunch I’ve got , but if your team has narrowly avoided relegation is it not maybe worth changing the defence. ?

A very capable Patterson is bursting for a run in the team , it’s staring them in the face.

I was at Goodison for Forest game with my brother in law and fans are delighted with him, see him as one to build team around

Completely turned it around.

Off topic but noticed a few Everton+Rangers bios on Twitter when he was telling the guitarist to remove his manky stickers o_O a good few actually. Nice to see.

Good on him though. I had my doubts about him making the jump so early but the kid's a class act.

I always thought he was overrated

He has great potential it might come eventually can see him back here tbh

Hit me wi this assessment. Overrated, potential, might come eventually and see him back here.

So whit are ye actually talking aboot here.

Back