Ex Celtc player Edvaldsson has died

Drank with Johannes a good few times in Caldwells,Rutherglen.Real character and strong as an Ox.
Great sense of fun and never had a bad word for us Rangers men.Sad tidings.

Sad news indeed. Growing up in the 70’s he was one of the few foreigners I remember playing in the UK. Thoughts and prayers with his family at this time.

Remember him at Celtic. Seem to remember he had a hotel north of Inverness for a while ?
Not great news.
I well remember him Decent player, he had a hotel in Achnasheen, it was a bus rest stop, for 15 min time for a toilet break
I met him a few times when he owned a hotel in Poolewe back in the 90's. Nice guy. First time I met him his face was black and blue as he'd fallen down the stairs drunk the night before and hit every step on the way down.

RIP

Without meaning to sound disrespectful, I hadn’t heard of the man until this thread, however I have looked him up.
Seemed to be a popular man from all sides which is all you can really ask.
RIP johannes

In my first job the Celtic team managed by Jock Stein used to come in for a swim and a sauna and we used to noise them up big time.

Most were brand new, especially that big fella, who was a big gentleman.
The only one who was a wee wank was Johnny Doyle, a horrible little runt.

RIP big fella.

RIP Shug, can remember him scoring against us at Ibrox, they were 2 nil up at HT we came back and won 3-2.
I was at that game, he scored both their goals I believe. Could have been my first OF game, either that or the 2-2 game at Ibrox. Know I was at both just not sure which was first they were close to each other

Drank with Johannes a good few times in Caldwells,Rutherglen.Real character and strong as an Ox.
Great sense of fun and never had a bad word for us Rangers men.Sad tidings.
Sad indeed, the big fella also drank in the Viking in Ruglen, was well liked.

Saw him in the Mermaid, he was serving behind the bar, can't remember the story why an ex celtc player owned a Gers boozer in Bridgeton Cross.
R.I.P big fella,

Remember him scoring a late equalizer at Hampden against us, I think in a League Cup final when Smith scored in extra time? Very sad news, condolences to his family.

Shuggy scored with 2 headers in the first half. We absolutely battered them in the second half with Davie Cooper dismantling them.
We battered them in the first half too - just couldn’t put the ball in the net.
The Bears never gave up singing, as we knew we should’ve been giving them a hiding. Second half proved it.

He worked with Gordon Smith when he was an agent about 20 years ago. Might have been one as well, not sure.

Met him briefly a few times, nice enough guy

RIP

I remember a going to a game at Fir Park and a bear went up to him (He'd retired by then) and wrapped his Rangers scarf around his neck. He never took it back off.

RIP, big man.

From what I remember a decent big guy, who was a pretty good player for them at a time when Iceland was better known for frozen food than football. Sad news, RIP big man.

Last edited:
Rip Shuggie. He was before my time but from what I have read of him he seemed to be liked and well thought of

Back