Fabio Silva

Mind when we loaned Charlie Adam out to St Mirren before he had proper first team football for us and he was decent in flashes for them but overall not consistant. Then when he came back he was a first teamer due to the experience of playing more at a lower level?

That's Fabio Silva's role just now and we are St Mirren to Wolves Rangers sadly.

Amad Diallo was the same.

I’d still like to see him in his preferred position before completely writing him off

Seen enough of Dessers

He’s clearly a very very talented footballer, but ultimately he’s a 21 year old with not much professional experience of pressure. It’s why he’s put out on loan - to go through these motions and learning curves elsewhere.

If we had solid winners and leaders in the side, he would be breezily flourishing. He clearly isn’t the sort of guy who’s going to stand up when the going gets tough and was possibly the wrong signing for January - but would’ve been a useful Summer signing with a stronger core in the squad.
Way too sensible a post

He’s clearly a very very talented footballer, but ultimately he’s a 21 year old with not much professional experience of pressure. It’s why he’s put out on loan - to go through these motions and learning curves elsewhere.

If we had solid winners and leaders in the side, he would be breezily flourishing. He clearly isn’t the sort of guy who’s going to stand up when the going gets tough and was possibly the wrong signing for January - but would’ve been a useful Summer signing with a stronger core in the squad.
Where is the evidence of his "talent"?

Where is the evidence of his "talent"?
I think the fact he was in the Porto team at 17 and was sold to the EPL shows he is talented otherwise he wouldn’t be here , but he is certainly finding his feet and needs another couple of years to become a better player.
Only last month after his goal some fans wanted him signed on another years loan, the suddenly he is no longer liked? It’s a funny world football.

He’s obviously been a player that took the piss out all the opposition at youth level and is ‘one for the future ‘ but in the meantime and if or when he becomes ‘the future ‘ he should be no where near Rangers. Fed up being the testing ground for these players. Amad Diallo was the same.

m59qItg.jpeg

He had a reasonably good game (no more) away to Benfica and he was being hailed on here as a superstar. One poster said he looked every inch a 30m player.
This building up of average players into world beaters is beyond simple optimism, it's desperation.
Silva is dreadful

Not up for a fight and his only response to one is to flail about like a fish out of water and run about in a huff.

Still amazed that we're playing this guy out of position and expecting miracles.
A supposed multi-million pound attacking player should still able to show quality above & beyond the myriad of dross in the Scottish league despite not being played in their own and only ‘preferred’ position.

A supposed multi-million pound attacking player should still able to show quality above & beyond the myriad of dross in the Scottish league despite not being played in their own and only ‘preferred’ position.

Not entirely, he shouldn't, no.

You wouldn't play Tavernier in midfield and get upset that he couldn't control the game from the middle of the park.

That may be so, but he’s not shown it where it matters. Our club
That doesn’t mean he isn’t a talented footballer. It means it’s because of other variables.

It’s why we have to look at more than just ability when signing players.

Not entirely, he shouldn't, no.

You wouldn't play Tavernier in midfield and get upset that he couldn't control the game from the middle of the park.
No one is asking Silva to play wildly out of position. He’s an attacking player playing in attacking role. What are his qualities in that role exactly?

No one is asking Silva to play wildly out of position. He’s an attacking player playing in attacking role. What are his qualities in that role exactly?

He's being played wide left. He plays through the middle.

Don't get me wrong, I don't rate him highly, but it's not helped by him not playing in his established position.

The jury would be out if we spent £3m on him. To think Wolves paid north of £30m on him is mind blowing.
The jury would be out for me if we were paid 3m to play him never mind parted with cash. He offers nothing and his huffy, diving attitude when he contributes next to zero also infuriate me. I wouldnt play him again.

He is the most recent in a long line of 'high profile' loans from down south who simply dont work. I already know I will be excited about whoever the next one is even though the odds suggest I will be back typing the exact same thing.

Wolves will be lucky to recoup 5-10% of what they paid for him.

He's not good enough for us, which means he's miles short for the EPL.
He moved to Wolves for the purposes of generating wealth for people, and not just Porto. Dodgy as Fcuk. Wolves Chinese investors own a % of Mendes' agency too as far as I know.

Him and Dessers are not the answer. I would rather have Matondo starting over him. Matondo, Sima and Mcausland as the front three would be my preferred option if all fit

We were all desperate for someone and when we got him we were happy. There’s a reason he’s rinsed Wolves of 35million and telling all and sundry he wants a career at Rangers. Garbage. Next please.
Correct. A lazy signing imo. Cos someone paid over the odds he must have something and he might do it for us.

It's the obvious concern over loan signings, once the going get's tough will they have the heart for it? He does not appear to do so right now. He's not a terrible footballer by any stretch, however once the effort goes as it appears to have, then he offers us nothing.

Matondo should play instead of him.

We already have our own wasteful player in that position :D difference being Matondo is improving, contributing and is a threat.

Sima is a striker btw for all the "hes out of position" arguments. I know who id sign from the two of them.

Matondo should play instead of him.

We already have our own wasteful player in that position :D difference being Matondo is improving, contributing and is a threat.

Sima is a striker btw for all the "hes out of position" arguments. I know who id sign from the two of them.
Recall a short while ago, many...many fans preferred him over Sima because of a decent 5 minutes against Aberdeen.

I think the fact he was in the Porto team at 17 and was sold to the EPL shows he is talented otherwise he wouldn’t be here , but he is certainly finding his feet and needs another couple of years to become a better player.
Only last month after his goal some fans wanted him signed on another years loan, the suddenly he is no longer liked? It’s a funny world football.
He starred for Porto B, the same league as Ryan Gauld was class for Sporting. That level must be utter pony.

Our problem is that we don't have enough (any?) players who can get the best out of the players around them.

We have too many passengers and not enough leaders.

Silva is a capable player but he's never going to lead a side to victory. He's never going to put in the hard work. He's there to finish off moves.

But who do we have busting a gut to put in the hard work?

Typical dare I say it, Portuguese player.
Who relies on theatrics, just as much if not more, than ability to entertain.

Has talent, but appears to think in his own head, he is better everybody else!
If that is the case, then he should be MOTM every game.
Has he ever?

One statement just sums him up for me.
“Flatters to deceive”

Jettison.
Pronto!

It is no crime to say he has been average at best for us, produces very little that even hints at a £35m player. Probably get laughed at for this but I'd take Fashion over him every day.
Are you quite sure the decimal point didn’t get missed with his evaluation?
Maybe it should be 3.5 million.
Even at that, I’d be looking hard for my receipt, to return the faulty goods!

Just another recruitment blunder in a long line of recruitment blunders. Hopefully we aren't paying a large percentage of his wages.
There was no money to spend and Kloppen hadn’t even officially started when Silva joined.

A few weeks ago many were raving about him. Since then the whole team’s form has dipped and his is no different.

I’m not really sure what people were expecting. The January window rarely delivers quality, far less so when you’re completely skint.

There was no money to spend and Kloppen hadn’t even officially started when Silva joined.

A few weeks ago many were raving about him. Since then the whole team’s form has dipped and his is no different.

I’m not really sure what people were expecting. The January window rarely delivers quality, far less so when you’re completely skint.

We needed a striker, lad comes with a £30M price tag on his head and highly rated but yet been so poor.

What’s not to get?

Not even worth 5M, so god knows who thought he was worth 35M it beggars belief at that price he should piss all over our league and he’s miles of it.

Back