Famous Rangers fans.

Interesting read.
But he is certainly no Rangers supporter.
And....who cares?

Guys who use an occasional support of Rangers to promote themselves rather than the club, are just guys who are using the club for narrow reasons that I don't see as instances worthy of recognising.
So what that this guy once had a fleeting admiration for Rangers that once he believed defined him with a badge of personal imagined credit, it meant nothing to me, my club, or my community.
He used the club like a punter uses a condom and a prostitute.

And he never even had to pay.
Indeed. more a rapist than a punter.

dont know if he has been mentioned but sydney devine. David Tanner was on offtheball last week and said he got pulled up by him after having a go at amourso after we played ayr in the cup. Tam Cowan said Sydney had rangers leanings

Stuart murdoch from belle and sebastian was a rangers fan when he was younger, tracyanne campbell from camera obscura still attends Ibrox
Murdoch may well have had Rangers leanings as a kid but publicly will say he’s an Ayr fan.

Last edited:
Have Angus or Malcolm Young ever said they are Gers fans? I know their family were bears and I could believe it of Malcolm who appears to have been into football (although his skills in the Let There Be Rock video weren't that good lol) but I just can't see Angus being interested in sports. He doesn't seem the type.
2d018w8.jpg

5a3j44.jpg

Alex Harvey was not into football, a music man only all his life. He was born into a Presbyterian household in the Gorbals however.

Really? I am big fan of the NFL.

He was born in Scotland but grew up in Florida.

I know Graham personally, definitely not a Rangers fan. He preferred them when he lived in Scotland like he did Bayern Munich when he lived in Germany. But he hasn’t followed them since he left, only the national team

Grado

Couple of actors from River City. Wee Boab is one. Can't remember the name of the other but I'm a big time idiot so I can be excused. You'll probably know who I mean if you are a fan of the show or use twitter.
Guy who plays Alex is yer man

Belle & Sebastian drummer Richard was a bluenose, 100% but who knows what the years have done to him!! It's a hard thing to stand by in a place like Glasgow.

dont know if he has been mentioned but sydney devine. David Tanner was on offtheball last week and said he got pulled up by him after having a go at amourso after we played ayr in the cup. Tam Cowan said Sydney had rangers leanings
Remember Sydney Devine being the star guest at the Rangers Rally back in the early 80's

Gordon’s 56, same as me. I didn’t know Billy. Lulu bought the family a house in Mount Vernon from her success & that’s when I went to school with him.
I knew the family quite well, my mum grew up with Lulu's mum and dad and my bother was pally with Billy,
My sister was at school with Edwina ( Whitehill ), I never knew Gordon as They moved from Dennistoun when he was a kid.
Billy is a very successful song writer

Back