Apologies. I'll rephrase:

New to the club,
New to the country,
Hasn't really been given a chance to settle in,
Has been asked to play positions he's perhaps not used to,
With team mates he's not quite used to.

All exact same.

Differences are:

Had some injury problems as opposed to has some injury problems.

Oh and one has scored seven so far and one zero.

Thanks for the correction.

One arriving midway through their season fully fit allowed them to play 9 games, mostly starts and be given the chance to settle in.

So yeah, still not all the exact same.

You're welcome though. Happy to help.

True. You could say exactly the same though of the Japanese for them.

That's his direct comparison, like it or not and the difference between winning leagues or coming 2nd.

And yet one is part of a squad that is top of the table having beaten the other team.

In FF tradition, Celtic signings and performances are seen in a far brighter light while ours are written off early.

One arriving midway through their season fully fit allowed them to play 9 games, mostly starts and be given the chance to settle in.

So yeah, still not all the exact same.

You're welcome though. Happy to help.

My point was, as I'm sure you knew, a lot of the excuses we're giving him equally apply elsewhere and if they're doing it, he has to do likewise. Simple.

And yet one is part of a squad that is top of the table having beaten the other team.

In FF tradition, Celtic signings and performances are seen in a far brighter light while ours are written off early.

Not at all.

They've signed some real dross recently.

I'm trying to be objective. We know our attacking threat is poor recently. We're now talking about our new forward signing.

Here is his stats:

Played 80 for his club, scored 24.

Last season, played 28, scored 13. In Belgium (4 places below the Scottish League), he was their 15th equal top goal-scorer last season.

I'm actually defending him, people believe and I quote "He tore it up" in Belgium. He didn't and it's unfair to expect him to do that over here as he was never doing it in the first place!

He’s a free transfer, far from the finished article and with every player in that market, a punt with no guarantees. Thats exactly what I have seen so far.

The management team have brought him in based on potential and they believe they can develop and improve him. they have been very clear on that. Given the way Lyon nullified our starting front 3 last night, he did well to create at least 1 good chance in the short time he was given.

Far too early to judge him. Gerrard indicated pre season there’s a lot of work to be done with him but he believes the raw ability is there.

I admit, he looks a bit more one dimensional than I was hoping for….but I’m not going to begin to judge until the turn of the year. We should have plenty in Alfie, Defoe, Kent, Wright, Hagi, Aribo as options in the forward areas over the next few weeks to do the business and give him time to find his feet.

I said in another thread I have a feeling he could be another Sebo

Far too early to judge him. Gerrard indicated pre season there’s a lot of work to be done with him but he believes the raw ability is there.

I admit, he looks a bit more one dimensional than I was hoping for….but I’m not going to begin to judge until the turn of the year. We should have plenty in Alfie, Defoe, Kent, Wright, Hagi, Aribo as options in the forward areas over the next few weeks to do the business and give him time to find his feet.
Kent and defoe won’t be getting much game time

Might change my name to "Gerrard has admitted that he rushed Sakala back", so I don't need to say 100,000 times on here. Let him have some proper game time when he's fully fit before we judge him.
Some players take some time to adapt to their new club, team and country in terms of lifestyle.

Some players are good in one club, system and league style and bad in others.

It's about giving them time to adapt instead of just writing them off and moaning about it from day one.

When I saw his highlights before he played for is it looked like he had electric pace, was direct and liked to shoot early. So, the questions were "can he do it when teams are parking the bus?" "can he stand the physical nature of the SPL?".

Yes, yes he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back