Fashion Sakala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury still out IMO.

Not sure what type of striker he is, a morelos or a defoe (very different).

Common factor with both above are they are clinical finishers and jury is still out on that too (hasn't had many chances I know).

Hard to judge a guy without seeing him get decent game time. For me ideally you want to see a player play 5-6 full games as that’s when the match sharpness comes.

What is it with folk writing players off and being quick to judge. Football is no different to any other work place. Sometimes it will take a little time to adapt and gel. Never understand when I read stuff like this. Did you cast Born onto the sh*te pile too when he had a ropey start?

Are we allowed to discuss him?

What is he actually bringing to the party. He just doesn't look like a footballer
He looks like he has a good touch and a bit of pace. Very raw. Has proved himself a bit in Belgium previously.

Have we really seen enough to be able to judge him? Plus we know he has been struggling with a small injury issue.

We should probably give him some time.

If he's fit enough, let's start him on Sunday up front with Roofe and Wright (assuming it will be best to rest Morelos as a precaution with a potential injury SG mentioned in the press conference this morning).

Only thing is, Motherwell always sit very deep so he won't get a chance to run in behind with his pace but he'll need to get used to that as that's how 75% of our domestic games are.

If Alfie has a hamstring tweak? let's hope we play to get the best out of what he's good at rather than playing as if it's Morelos in disguise.

Last edited:
Nope, 8 in his first 9.
I remember he didn't score in his first three Neidicorn(sp) home and away and Motherwell then he got a double against Dunfermline, then one against Hibs we then played Hearts and that was a 0-0
Then he got two against Ross county two against Dundee one against thistle then had a drought of ten games.
My counting pretty shit:)

A good start for any striker but did have the advantage that he was fully fit and ready to go I feel Sakala did not have that with the groin injury and Covid pissing about for days in a hotel.

Early days for posters to right him off.

Jeez, he's had a handful of fleeting appearances towards the end of games. Let's give him a few starts before we pass judgement eh? Hopefully he gets a run in the team now and can settle down and show his qualities.

It is extremely difficult to build up form when you're playing time consists of 15 minutes at the end of a game, not to mention that he's brand new to the country and still needs lots of time to adapt.

I think he adds something different that I really like, and I'd expect him to be starting one of the next two games with Kent out and Morelos being a doubt.

It is extremely difficult to build up form when you're playing time consists of 15 minutes at the end of a game, not to mention that he's brand new to the country and still needs lots of time to adapt.

I think he adds something different that I really like, and I'd expect him to be starting one of the next two games with Kent out and Morelos being a doubt.
Great danger of him being this season's Cedric Itten if we don't try to exploit his strengths.

I can't really remember us signing a striker who hit their straps right away. For some reason we just don't get that luck.

Need to go back to Walters time, I think.

Hopefully it works out for the boy, loads of people were excited by his performances at Oostend.
Whatever happened to signing good players for a position and they canne in and played (at the very least) and became successful. We sign players we want them work on them. It's a bit like a woman marrying the man they want to mould into someone different. Game time and match fitness is essential imo

Took his goal well against Real Madrid, looks very much like a footballer to me. He probably needs more than just 1 competitive start to showcase his abilities and get into a rhythm.

He's not had a chance yet. He needs games. But his first touch looks pretty ropey to me - maybe it will improve with game time.

On evidence so far I’m tending to agree with the OP.

But making a definitive judgement at this stage would be crazy IMO.

Gerrard needs to give him some game tine now and then we will be better placed to judge.

I never thought that Itten got a fair crack and it would be a shame for the same to happen with Sakala.

Are we allowed to discuss him?

What is he actually bringing to the party. He just doesn't look like a footballer

harsh to judge with his limited minutes on the park IMO , on what I have seen he looks like he‘s been awarded a day out with 1st team, due to MyGers points he‘s accumulated

There’s no formula for predicting how a player will turn out.

For every Barisic, Goram etc that turned it round, there are more than a few Senderos, Grezda, Sadiq that looked rubbish from minute one and were discarded after two or three starts. If pushed, I’d say first impressions are correct more often than not but a young guy like Fashion needs time.

Will he get that at RFC? Perhaps that’s the more pertinent question.

There’s no formula for predicting how a player will turn out.

For every Barisic, Goram etc that turned it round, there are more than a few Senderos, Grezda, Sadiq that looked rubbish from minute one and were discarded after two or three starts. If pushed, I’d say first impressions are correct more often than not but a young guy like Fashion needs time.

Will he get that at RFC? Perhaps that’s the more pertinent question.
Gorams first two games for us he was mince and that was 90 mns on the park, imagine if we had judged him on that.

Early days, he's been terribly unlucky with his stop/start to the season. I think he'll be a good player for us
Nothing against Sakala, he fits the mould of what Gerrard wants, I think the wages may have been better spent on a striker who scores the majority of his goals with his head. Against the low block I think a towering physical centre forward was what we needed. But that doesn’t fit the management team’s mould for what they expect in a forward in terms of pressing, mobility and cutting off balls through the lines.

You think that's what our scouting report on him said? If not, what's happened between then and now?
No idea but he looks clueless to me.. he’s all smiles and positivity and his social media posts are all very humble and grateful but WT#! He’s like a headless chicken on the pitch..

He's looked more than decent every time he's been on the pitch. Fast, direct, quick feet, good touch, likes to face up and go past people.

As usual, I must be watching a different game. Or as I suspect, this place is full of timmy trolls and champ manager basement dwellers.

Some of the absolute sh!te spouted on here about our players is ridiclous in the extreme at times and this thread is up there with the one I remember arguing with folk who were saying Borna in his early days couldn't cross a ball. o_O

Please admin. Blue verification ticks. It's just getting beyind a joke now.

No idea but he looks clueless to me.. he’s all smiles and positivity and his social media posts are all very humble and grateful but WT#! He’s like a headless chicken on the pitch..
I think you need to look further than just him not coming up to your expectations on the pitch in the 90 minutes? total we've seen him.

I'll cast a rough idea of what I think of him once he's had a handful of starts in a Rangers jersey. Simply haven't seen enough of him.

Wtf does his social media posts have to do with anything? What an incredibly odd thing to say.
Not at all… he is trying to portray an image in his Social media that is not conducive to his performances on the pitch. This just has an odd feeling about it this signing. If he was that good, SG would be starting him. It is that simple. He was billed as our marquee summer signing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back