Fashion Sakala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very very very raw and you wonder if he will get the game time to develop.

Capable of good moments like his run last night - but also complete madness, like his 35 yard ‘effort.’ He infuriated the side in the OF game by coming short when he’d been brought on specifically to run in behind!

He needs a run of games, with Morelos looking like he might not make it on Sunday then now might be the right time for him. Same as Kent, this unfortunate injury might give him the recovery time he badly needs. Time for the squad to stand up and be counted.

I can't imagine what some of the threads would have been like for the early days of Mark Hateley and Andy Goram in their Rangers careers. Sometimes players, even ones who are top drawer, take time to adapt and adjust to new surroundings and new teammates.

He needs more game time, but he certainly looks unorthodox which isn't helping folk's early opinions of him.

You don't just get "a run of games". We've heard that for every no hoper we've ever had (not saying Sakala is one).

It's Rangers ffs. We are not going to give someone a run of games to see how they get on if they are not contributing to us winning week on week.

Reactions: BWO
I can't really remember us signing a striker who hit their straps right away. For some reason we just don't get that luck.

Need to go back to Walters time, I think.

Hopefully it works out for the boy, loads of people were excited by his performances at Oostend.
Morelos scored 8 in his first 9 from memory, pretty decent!.

Pre-Morelos, Boyd scored a hat-trick on his debut then scored 20 goals in 21 appearances (17 starts).

The peak of ridiculous starts for a Rangers striker will always be Negri with 23 goals in his first 10 league games.

I’ve got an irrational fear that he will be rubbish for us, get sold to a league 1 side for peanuts and then become a superstar.

Other than his daft shot last night I thought he looked quite bright. He took the defender to the byline, got past him and was unlucky with a cut back. We need more of that and it seems to only be Wright and Sakala who do it now...Kent and Aribo always turn back.

• Wow
Reactions: dmg
Pre-Morelos, Boyd scored a hat-trick on his debut then scored 20 goals in 21 appearances (17 starts).

The peak of ridiculous starts for a Rangers striker will always be Negri with 23 goals in his first 10 league games.
First player to finish top scorer at 2 teams in the same season, ended up with a staggering 37.

Honourable mention for the mythical first 19 games of Michael Mols, where I believe he scored 10 of his 48 goals for the club.

First player to finish top scorer at 2 teams in the same season, ended up with a staggering 37.

Honourable mention for the mythical first 19 games of Michael Mols, where I believe he scored 10 of his 48 goals for the club.

Mols was 13 goals in 20 games in all competitions before his injury. 9 goals in 9 games in the league and 4 in Europe. Two doubles against FC Haka and PSV.

With Morelos probably out at the weekend hopefully he will start.

He has had a disruptive pre season due to isolation and injuries.

Let’s give his a run of games and see what he can do

An utterly bizarre touch on the right flank, then a few minutes later scooted by two men and created an opportunity.

It’s too early for us to judge him, but I’d be keen to see him getting more game time.
Yeah that run when he scooted by 2 players along the bye line and tried to set up a chance showed there is something there.
Just needs time to settle in

Reminds me a bit of Novo, as soon as he gets the ball he's super eager to get going at full speed but often doesn't have the ball fully under control.

Seemed to work for Novo though
Nacho Novo was the definition of effort overcoming limits of talent. He was not a great footballer but he gave it everything he had and then some, which, more often than not, made him an effective player.

I think Fashion Jr is far more talented in terms of skill level and potential but I take and agree the comparison of positivity in a player's approach seems present and correct here and with Novo.

Are we allowed to discuss him?

What is he actually bringing to the party. He just doesn't look like a footballer
Runs about like a stolen motor. Saying that, the first time I seen Morelos I labelled him as not good enough so that’s why I talk shite for a living and don’t manage football teams.

To early to judge but I would say he looks to have no clue where he should be running when, he came short near the end of the Celtic game I was screaming at him to spin in behind, Gary Mac indicated the same movement with his hands from touch line , Gerrard had to tell him to take the ball down the line near the end of the st j game to , both incidents should been very obvious to a pro footballer , I was very optimistic about him after the Madrid game

I can't really remember us signing a striker who hit their straps right away. For some reason we just don't get that luck.

Hopefully it works out for the boy, loads of people were excited by his performances at Oostend.

Marco Negri

Simple, he needs game time same as Patterson, Roofe and Wright. This relying on the same players doesn't work all the time we need an injection of youth pace into the team. Some of the players from last season seem off the pace and maybe need to be shown they need to up their game

Marco Negri
Nearly 25 years ago now!!

Cousin got off to a quick start, Jelaivic too before he got crocked by Black. Its just not that common for us to bring in guys who immediately light it up. Sadly the tims seem to have strikers come in and settle a bit better than us though they do have to buy twenty each summer to ensure of at least one who scores a few goals.

Nearly 25 years ago now!!

Cousin got off to a quick start, Jelaivic too before he got crocked by Black. Its just not that common for us to bring in guys who immediately light it up. Sadly the tims seem to have strikers come in and settle a bit better than us though they do have to buy twenty each summer to ensure of at least one who scores a few goals.

Rod Wallace scored on debut as well I'm sure, again 22 years ago!

Other than his mad shot, and it was mental, thought he was decent enough last night.
Inspired by his captain's effort last weekend/maybe a rebound back of the
bar-goalie, ends in the net/we hadn't tried that option until then.

I agree that he was up for it - wish he had just forced himself through
when he sped along from right side towards goal at great pace.

Morelos' finishing in his first season was pretty bad from what I remember, Gerrard saw something in him though that many others didn't.
Alfredo was always a star. Raw back then, offside a lot and missed a few chances but was often in the right place time and time again An obvious gem from the outset.

An
I can't imagine what some of the threads would have been like for the early days of Mark Hateley and Andy Goram in their Rangers careers. Sometimes players, even ones who are top drawer, take time to adapt and adjust to new surroundings and new teammates.

And Ally McCoist. Squirm at some of the abuse he got early on.

The guy has played a total of 160 minutes of competitive football with Rangers. 70 mins of those where we were chasing games in Europe . I think it’s a smidgen to early to be judging his ability until he is given more time and is up to speed .

How the %^*& can we expect fashion sakala to do extremely well, if he doesn't get much game time? Bringing him on in 75 minutes just isn't good enough

When he was bought I thought it was to be part of the front three. From how he is being used and from what I’ve seen I’m not sure that’s the case. He may well be a player but we have yet to see it

I reckon he will play against Motherwell in place of Kent, so should get a good judge of him in that game. So far he’s not played enough to judge him but imo.

Roofe

just moved here
had to isolate meaning he missed some of pre-season
injury picked up right away
trying get into the team ahead of Morelos, Roofe, Kent and Wright

he scored 1 in 4 in the Belgian league, which is not regarded as worse than scotland

give the lad a chance
I am not jumping on the bandwagon to whip the guy, but your last point is what I find a little frustrating with the whole situation.

He comes with a good track record in a decent league. A regular goal scorer, fit, and in form. However, he comes here and after a few months, still isn’t deemed good and/or fit enough to start in the SPL. When he does come on, there’s very few moments where you think ‘oh he’s a player’.

Perhaps my memory is failing me, or perhaps it’s a sign of the changed times, but I swear our bigger name signings from yesteryear used to come in and at least show flashes of brilliance in the early stages.

will give the guy a chance

I don't think he was bought to be a first team player and will be worked into the team over time, prob next season before we see a decent run of games from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back