Fashion Sakala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all… he is trying to portray an image in his Social media that is not conducive to his performances on the pitch. This just has an odd feeling about it this signing. If he was that good, SG would be starting him. It is that simple. He was billed as our marquee summer signing!
Wtf.

A guy being happy, and suggesting so on social media has nothing to do with his footballing ability :))

He’s rapid and clearly a footballer. It’ll take a bit for him to adjust I think - doesn’t come across as the most confident of players

He's looked more than decent every time he's been on the pitch. Fast, direct, quick feet, good touch, likes to face up and go past people.

As usual, I must be watching a different game. Or as I suspect, this place is full of timmy trolls and champ manager basement dwellers.

Some of the absolute sh!te spouted on here about our players is ridiclous in the extreme at times and this thread is up there with the one I remember arguing with folk who were saying Borna in his early days couldn't cross a ball. o_O

Please admin. Blue verification ticks. It's just getting beyind a joke now.
If someone doesn't share your point of view they're a tim?
Have a word fella.

Very difficult to judge on the limited opportunities he has had, but he sort of occupies the place that Itten did last year in that he’s going to have to go some to get a significant amount of game time, and so needs to be at the absolute top of his game when he does get chances.

Time will tell if he’s up to the task.

Having watched him v. Real Madrid, i was quite excited.
Having hardly seen any of him since, i`ll be giving him a real
chance.
He`ll need a thick skin though, as Rangers fans don`t give you
10 minutes.
Brutal.

That’s the thing though we said that about Itten as well but I don’t see him ever getting a long run in the team. We have our style and system and as long as no one gets injured we won’t change it.
It’s a chicken and egg type argument.

When he is given game time he needs to show enough to make the manager think about starting him, then when he starts do likewise to merit a run of games.
And so on and so forth.

It’s the way it’s always really worked.

Itten failed to do that and now he’s out on loan. So far Sakala has looked even less impressive, but it is still very early days.

He needs to start making his minutes count. It’s that simple for me.

If someone doesn't share your point of view they're a tim?
Have a word fella.
Point of view? It's utter tripe based on either ignorance or malice. I'm more than happy to discuss differing opinions based within the realms of reason but this nonsense is so far beyond the pale it's actually hilarious.

And I notice you somehow missed the 'alternative' to being a tim I put in my post. Yes, I offered TWO scenarios, one which didn't involve being a timposter. But you were only triggered by one of them. Hmmmm...

Don't think it's me who needs to have a word.... fella.

Last edited:
I think there is broader discussion here about when to ease players in etc.

Itten for example had games in fits and starts and never got going and when he started he was rusty and short on confidence etc

Lundstram got thrown straight in and nearly drowned.

There needs to be a balance and I think players like Sakala and Wright should be getting minutes every single week regardless if its 30 minutes etc.

Not at all… he is trying to portray an image in his Social media that is not conducive to his performances on the pitch. This just has an odd feeling about it this signing. If he was that good, SG would be starting him. It is that simple. He was billed as our marquee summer signing!
Honestly up there with one of the most bizarre things I can think of reading on FF - congratulations!

its like the reverse of them here

one of theirs kicks the ball in the right direction and he's the new Messi to some there
in here, a guy barely plays 90mins total and he's not a footballer, only here for the social media & has no intelligence

mental

I'd have thought the most basic premise was to have something like enough information before making a judgement.

Reading this thread, I'm wondering if people have been watching games I haven't seen where Sakala has been given game time, playing and not cutting it.

FFS, take a breath and give him a chance. We havern't seen remotely enough to assess him. And I'll take Gerrard and Wilson's judgement over FF's armchair experts every day.

Sakala has the genuine pace none of our other front men have, hes had nowhere near enough game time to be judged yet.

You can see he has the tools. I think it will take time to piece it together.

The best parts of his game so far have been when he’s isolated the defender out wide and then beaten them, nipping last them along the byline.

You want him more in those positions as opposed to shooting from 30 yards like he did yesterday.

He needs to be more willing to run the channels to, he’s quick so this is the area he can do damage.

As a team we don’t have enough people willing to run into the space.

Played 157 minutes of football for us so far.

157 minutes after moving to another country, not having a proper pre-season and picking up an injury.

There's some genuine idiots on here.

Heard that about Pena for months......

The reality is you can look at a player and form an opinion based on not a lot of minutes and that opinion will be what it is....

What is interesting there's not been too many players written off as not very good who didn't have much of a pedigree who made it with us.

BB took a long time to settle but you could see ability and played at a decent level-he certainly proved a few of us wrong but he's the exception.

Anybody mentioning Mark Hatley wants a kick in the nuts came from France, played for AC Milan and was an established internationalist ....the folk who wrote him off were mentalists especially since he was injured.

This lad is a punt-the reality is at this stage he looks like a fish out of water.

Heard that about Pena for months......

The reality is you can look at a player and form an opinion based on not a lot of minutes and that opinion will be what it is....

What is interesting there's not been too many players written off as not very good who didn't have much of a pedigree who made it with us.

BB took a long time to settle but you could see ability and played at a decent level-he certainly proved a few of us wrong but he's the exception.

Anybody mentioning Mark Hatley wants a kick in the nuts came from France, played for AC Milan and was an established internationalist ....the folk who wrote him off were mentalists especially since he was injured.

This lad is a punt-the reality is at this stage he looks like a fish out of water.

Doesn't really matter what you heard about Pena for months tbh. Sakala is a young player coming off a strong season in Belgium. Don't really see a comparison to an alcoholic player whose career was already on a downward spiral as similar.

If you genuinely think you can judge a player on one start and five sub appearances that amount to 157 minutes of football during which he's had injury problems then it's safe to say you're pretty deluded. Anybody involved in football would laugh at people making definitive statements based on the above.

There won't be many examples of players written off as not very good who didn't have much of a pedigree who made it with us because we're Rangers and have largely signed established players throughout our history. Football has changed and now we're in a new era where we need to take on players at 24 who show potential and develop them.

Quarantined on arrival taking a knock and getting injured while learning the teams system are not to be sniffed at. Settling in to a new country takes time and is not something I would underestimate either as I have experience of that. He's hardly kicked a ball for us so far. That could be about to change depending on the results of Kent and Morelos scans which would see two of our regular forward line players ruled out for some time. If that does happen and he gets his starts then we can have a proper look at the player and how he fits into the team. At this moment we have far too little information to make any judgement on either him or how he might fit into the team.

Think sakala at the min could well be judged along with 90% of the team at the moment, they are all off the boil but let's go with the flow

I'm totally willing to give him a chance and writing him off at this point is silly.

But...I keep hearing he's come off this great season in Belgium.

Really?

That's a league ranked below our own and he wasn't anywhere near the top 10 goal-scorers in that division last season.

His stats are very, very average sadly.

New to the club, new to the country. Had some injury problems and hasn't really been given a chance to settle in. Has been asked to play positions he's perhaps not used to with team mates he's not quite used to.

Must be time and reason to write him off.

He reminds me of the guy who claimed he was George Weah’s cousin to get a professional contract.

so your basing your opinion of our new player who tore it up in Belgium and has only played about 100mins for us, on a guy who played 53mins in his whole career?

New to the club, new to the country. Had some injury problems and hasn't really been given a chance to settle in. Has been asked to play positions he's perhaps not used to with team mates he's not quite used to.

Must be time and reason to write him off.

True. You could say exactly the same though of the Japanese for them.

That's his direct comparison, like it or not and the difference between winning leagues or coming 2nd.

so your basing your opinion of our new player who tore it up in Belgium and has only played about 100mins for us, on a guy who played 53mins in his whole career?

He really didn't. That's a myth and probably unfair on him.

That's his direct comparison, like it or not and the difference between winning leagues or coming 2nd.
This is also true. However, there is nothing to suggest that the Japanese guy for them ends up burning out and doing very little in the grand scheme of things and Sakala picks up and takes off. Also, Furuhashi has played games - Sakala hasn't really yet.

I've no doubt we needed other options into the club as well but it's far too soon to judge Sakala.

He arrived fully fit, having played 22 games of the Japanese season.

So would be wrong to say the exact same.

This is also true. However, there is nothing to suggest that the Japanese guy for them ends up burning out and doing very little in the grand scheme of things and Sakala picks up and takes off. Also, Furuhashi has played games - Sakala hasn't really yet.

I've no doubt we needed other options into the club as well but it's far too soon to judge Sakala.

Yep, I agree.

If given games, I hope he gets a goal or two soon though.

When was the last time we signed a player and he came in and hit the ground running? Colin Stein?

He arrived fully fit, having played 22 games of the Japanese season.

So would be wrong to say the exact same.

Apologies. I'll rephrase:

New to the club,
New to the country,
Hasn't really been given a chance to settle in,
Has been asked to play positions he's perhaps not used to,
With team mates he's not quite used to.

All exact same.

Differences are:

Had some injury problems as opposed to has some injury problems.

Oh and one has scored seven so far and one zero.

Thanks for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back