Fitba’ Daft Podcast - Kenny Miller

Left twice and signed for the scum. Should have thought a bit harder being that lame duck retort. Also worth noting the third time was when he was well into his 30’s with zero chances of commanding the same wage anywhere else.
91 goals ain't bad though and he tormented the mentally challengeds into oblivion.

Millers always looked after number 1, couldn’t wait to leave for Turkey for the money when Walter was in charge. Scored important goals for us and we will always be great fun for that, but for everyone’s sake he should draw a line and move on. Wallace was treated worse and has said nothing. Miller should do the same

Left twice and signed for the scum. Should have thought a bit harder being that lame duck retort. Also worth noting the third time was when he was well into his 30’s with zero chances of commanding the same wage anywhere else.
McLeish sold him the day he arrived.

His second spell almost redeemed himself from his move to the scum, but, moving to Turkey in the middle of that season was puzzling. 22 goals by January, one of those 'what if?' situations...

It's mad how there are folk on here who don't like certain folk like Robertson/Traynor, thought Wallace was unfairly treated and Murty was out his depth yet have a go at Miller for saying these things, even though he is closer to the situation than anyone else. The Miller/Wallace issue for me links to what MW insinuated when talking about leaving and that is when certain folk don't want you at the club, things turn very quickly. This may not seem like a problem right now but I do have a small concern these moments could happen again.

Time to move on, it happened when we had a terrible team and a manager that was imploding with the pressure.

We now have a team of good players that have exactly the right attitude, a quality manager/ leader and off the park we now have an excellent structure in place which will be improved further when Wilson comes in.

Does anyone know what Traynor actually does at our club? What would be his job description? I know hes a PR guy but what does that actually entail ?
PR and he’s Dave King’s eyes and ears.
I'm going off the main topic here but this for me is a major issue and something I cannot get my head round. How has someone as savvy as DK not sussed Traynor by now? He needs to take the blinkers off, recognise the environment we are forced to operate in and get the club a CEO.

Unless things have changed Traynor no longer works AT the Club, he works FOR the Club - which is a different thing. He was formerly employed full-time at Rangers but now spends his time running his PR Agency, which the Club do use when they choose to do so. I suspect his ‘influence’, if he ever had any, is much diminished from a few years ago.

As for this story, I’m more inclined to believe Miller than disbelieve him. I thought their treatment was appalling.

I'm assuming those that are calling him "wan o' them" didn't cheer when he scored one of his many goals against them? Or his header in the 9 man Cup final?

Of course not.

Unless things have changed Traynor no longer works AT the Club, he works FOR the Club - which is a different thing. He was formerly employed full-time at Rangers but now spends his time running his PR Agency, which the Club do use when they choose to do so. I suspect his ‘influence’, if he ever had any, is much diminished from a few years ago.

As for this story, I’m more inclined to believe Miller than disbelieve him. I thought their treatment was appalling.

appalling indeed

Does Kenny ever speak about his time with them?

He must have a few tales to tell, you would think.

Can't help but want to chip my quid's worth in.

Kenny played for them. Did he have other options? Not sure how good they were but he was bound to have had an alternative to signing for them. Did he sign for the money? Definitely. Did he sign because he thought Chesney would improve him as a player? Possibly. Does this inform whether or not he is a bluenose? Maybe, it depends on your pov. But the fact that he did sign for them means that some if not all fans will never fully trust him again. I can recall at the time he was leaving Wolves that the rumour mill was in overdrive that he was coming back to Ibrox. But the word was that McLeish didn't fancy him despite how much the player wanted to return. He did obviously flog him in the first place don't forget. There's no doubt that he did the business for us second and third time around and, no matter how much it pains people to say it, he did play for the jersey. This will make him a professional mercenary in some people's eyes - fair enough - you'll never change people's opinions on this.

With regard to what happened at Hampden, unless you were there you are unlikely to ever get the full story. The fact remains though, that Miller has sat in dressing rooms that Graeme Murty could only dream of getting in to. This coupled with the fact that Murty's kids coach management style would've been a complete anathema to him and Wallace. I would find it hard to sit there and listen to the 'we go again' bs and keep quiet. Factor in his completely unnecessary humiliation and scapegoating of a teammate (Andy Halliday) and the sense of anger suffering an incompetent would've been palpable.

Miller is opinionated and no doubt arrogant. Does this make him a troublemaker? Possibly. But did it make him wrong about Murty, or for that matter Caixinha? Probably not.

His departure obviously still rankles and I sympathise with how it was handled for both him and Wallace. I just wish he'd now publicly draw a line under it. He's fairly established in the media so he doesn't need to re-open old wounds at the behest of some media type in order to garner some goodwill to be called upon with regard to future employment.

Always gave 100% for Rangers. Always appreciative of that fact.

However. Played for the mentally challengeds. Something i can never comprehend.

Lets be brutally honest he was never ever getting a new contract under Gerrard even if he didn`t fall out with Murty, he should quit moaning about Rangers and concentrate on getting Partick off the bottom of the championship

Haud on a wee minute, Scot Broon, anyone?
Was Brown a rangers fan?
Anyway your point is correct there has been loads of players over the years who were rangers fans growing up but played for them.
Alfie Conn played for us and them a few years later and I am sure he is in our hall of fame.

He was right about Murty and Caixinha and he was clearly too opinionated for some people at the club to handle.

Miller and Wallace were both finished as players at Rangers but there was no need to discipline them the way the club did. And for King to single out Murty for praise was simply bonkers.

Another ex-player who's happy to bag the club that paid his massive wages. He's clearly bitter over the manner of his exit but he did himself no favours by acting like a petulant wean at a time when the club needed leaders.

"Kenny Miller cares about Kenny Miller" - the standard FF Kenny Miller bingo response.

Lee Wallace - club captain for many years - was also made a scape goat by Rangers management (the same management that hired Powerpoint Pedro - he made lady's front bottom out of the whole fanbase for 6 months) ... BUT BUT BUT "he got paid money to be at Rangers!!", "Rangers made you a millionaire so shut up!!" - says all the FF posters who go to work each day free of charge

Ah, another know-all. You're going to have to develop you own arguments rather than this vacuous 'FFers are all stupid if they don't agree with me' - FF is too big to have a 'standard FF response.'

The things that Kenny did as a Rangers player will always be appreciated but I can't help but feel sour when I think about how all the leaking stopped when he left the club. That period of constant leaks was a source of ridicule in a time when we had plenty to be ridiculed about without that and it effectively harmed the recovery of the club rather than help it.

Was like listening to 3 mates having a chat in the pub no real hard questions given to him. Talking in riddles without naming people is a waste of time as well just say who you mean or don't say anything at all. We have moved on time Kenny did as well its boring now.

Interesting when Gerrard came in he said the dressing room was fractured and there was camps within the group yet Miller saying it was a great dressing room to be part of.

I liked Kenny as a player but wish he would stop having a go at people through the media who will lap up any negative story about Rangers.

The Daily Mail today have a two page story about this all based on what Miller is alleged to have said on the Podcast. The headline they have gone with is "My treatment at Rangers was just shameful....I wouldn't have wished it on my worst enemy".
The article goes on to spell out his "disgust" at how he was treated and points the finger at unnamed staff behind the scenes at Ibrox.
It's a pity that Miller hadn't the courage to name names rather than insinuate that he had been treated badly by a number of Rangers people. He says that there are a number of people there who are not the right people to be at the club. He's cast aspersions on a whole lot of people with that remark. He's a coward unless he names these people who he maintains shouldn't be at the club.
Whether Miller is right or wrong with what he has said is largely irrelevant when you consider how much ammunition he has given to the Rangers hating media who delight in printing negative stories about Rangers. I personally wish he would just shut up.

I like Kenny but surely no one listens to that and their auto response is 'poor Kenny'. For him to have a go like that and not once even say something like 'maybe i was a bit out of line as well' is not on.

We're all grown ups and know there's 2 sides to every story so for him to go on the offensive and take zero responsibility for any of it tells you all you need to know.

Very important player for us especially his second stint big game player and scored a lot of goals. But never a rangers fan in a million years.

even after Kenny left, the leaks still came up until a few months back. So, eh, that will be hard to accuse Kenny of
It was one of those rumours that become a fact on here,it's not to say he was not the one leaking stuff at the time but nobody actually knows who it was and as you say there was leaks afterwards which Gerrard himself commented on

Kenny Miller has played for the club I would die for, I never did. Surely he could just concentrate on the good times he had at the club, they were many. Show a bit of respect for the fan's. He's just feeding the haters. He was at the end of his career, while the club and fan's were going through a rough time. Just fu.k up Kenny

Ah, another know-all. You're going to have to develop you own arguments rather than this vacuous 'FFers are all stupid if they don't agree with me' - FF is too big to have a 'standard FF response.'
I do have my own opinions on the matter and have said them previously. The irony of your post is that the comments I quote arent developing any arguement either. Theres loads of good arguments for and against in this post so I am not generalizing about every poster on FF. Therefore we are looking for the same thing.

To be a "know-all" would be to act as if one side of the story was correct, something which I've not said.

Yes, I'm aware of his employment status, VB. That doesn't have a bearing in what I outlined above, he still has influence when he should be nowhere near the club and a million miles from any decision-makers.

Yes, I'm aware of his employment status, VB. That doesn't have a bearing in what I outlined above, he still has influence when he should be nowhere near the club and a million miles from any decision-makers.

I honestly have no idea how much he is involved these days. Certainly not as much as hitherto. We see him on the odd RangersTV video, hanging around like a bad smell in the background, and that's it. Is he really DKs 'eyes and ears' as has been suggested? How do we 'know' this? I'm not convinced he 'has influence' as you suggest but I'm happy to be corrected if there's something to support that.

He mention anything about Laura having some bombshell to drop on social media about Rebecca Vardy?

I honestly have no idea how much he is involved these days. Certainly not as much as hitherto. We see him on the odd RangersTV video, hanging around like a bad smell in the background, and that's it. Is he really DKs 'eyes and ears' as has been suggested? How do we 'know' this? I'm not convinced he 'has influence' as you suggest but I'm happy to be corrected if there's something to support that.
I'm about as NITK as its possible to be so I cannot claim to 'know' this. However, what I am comfortable with is a) Haining has good contacts within the club b) our reputation risk management is not even amateur level c) Traynor, similar to Allen and as you state, appears in photos hanging around the players and management d) Roberston is demonstrably not up to the CEO role and e) it would seem sensible for DK to use someone local as his eyes and ears, at least whilst he has several other fights ongoing. I believe he has unfortunately picked a wrong 'un, certainly not a Rangers man.

I'm about as NITK as its possible to be so I cannot claim to 'know' this. However, what I am comfortable with is a) Haining has good contacts within the club b) our reputation risk management is not even amateur level c) Traynor, similar to Allen and as you state, appears in photos hanging around the players and management d) Roberston is demonstrably not up to the CEO role and e) it would seem sensible for DK to use someone local as his eyes and ears, at least whilst he has several other fights ongoing. I believe he has unfortunately picked a wrong 'un, certainly not a Rangers man.

I'll give you a, b and c.:)

Ah, another know-all. You're going to have to develop you own arguments rather than this vacuous 'FFers are all stupid if they don't agree with me'

:eek: The irony of that post :oops::p

Fed up hearing Kenny Miller moaning about something.

Always thought both players were treated shabbily without having any inside knowledge of what really happened at Hamden other than the rumours on here.

My sympathy for Miller is rapidly dwindling every time he opens his gub.

I'll give you a, b and c.:)
C'mon, you can't make a case for SR as CEO championing the club's interests on and off the pitch. An element of that is your public persona, how you project yourself and who you represent. Robertson may be a good administrator and probably is a good numbers man but he isn't the face of a successful Rangers operating in the current environment. We need a Gerrard at the the helm of the club day-to-day.
I can't accept that an exceptional operator like DK wouldn't seek local counsel when he's up to his neck in litigation from our enemies. I'm disappointed that someone with the club's interests at heart hasn't been able to put him right.

C'mon, you can't make a case for SR as CEO championing the club's interests on and off the pitch. An element of that is your public persona, how you project yourself and who you represent. Robertson may be a good administrator and probably is a good numbers man but he isn't the face of a successful Rangers operating in the current environment. We need a Gerrard at the the helm of the club day-to-day.
I can't accept that an exceptional operator like DK wouldn't seek local counsel when he's up to his neck in litigation from our enemies. I'm disappointed that someone with the club's interests at heart hasn't been able to put him right.

The SR debate is a regular on here. I cannot, and will not, argue that he's not shit in front of the cameras. Its clearly not his strongest competency.:) In terms of fulfilling his role as an MD (he's not a CEO) I have no idea of his abilities nor, I suspect, do you. He obviously, for now at least, fulfills the role that the Chairman and Board of Directors wants him to fulfill. You might argue that means he's a 'patsy' but that might be what DK wants right now. The Chairman is getting praised to the high heavens on another thread, maybe we should accept he gets what he wants from his MD - regardless of that not tying in with what some/many on here want?

We've gone miles off topic now - from KM to JT to SR.:oops:

As far as I'm concerned.Miller should name name's or shut the %^*& up.He's beginning to sound like a whinging wee bitch

I do have my own opinions on the matter and have said them previously. The irony of your post is that the comments I quote arent developing any arguement either. Theres loads of good arguments for and against in this post so I am not generalizing about every poster on FF. Therefore we are looking for the same thing.

To be a "know-all" would be to act as if one side of the story was correct, something which I've not said.

The dialetic involves the holding of different opinions and by the exchange and testing of those hopefully the truth is established by reasoned argument. The mere dismissal, or misrepresentation, of an alternative thesis doesn't qualify as discussion or opinion.

The things that Kenny did as a Rangers player will always be appreciated but I can't help but feel sour when I think about how all the leaking stopped when he left the club. That period of constant leaks was a source of ridicule in a time when we had plenty to be ridiculed about without that and it effectively harmed the recovery of the club rather than help it.

the leaking continued well into Stevie's first 6 months as manager

Is there a timestamp on when he comes in? That podcast is a painful listen, they try too hard to be funny

the leaking continued well into Stevie's first 6 months as manager

The fact that Stevie G had them put up blue sheeting around the area used for the first team to prepare for forthcoming matches suggests he felt the leaks were coming not from within the squad but from someone watching at THTC - either from inside, or outside, the wire.

The fact that Stevie G had them put up blue sheeting around the area used for the first team to prepare for forthcoming matches suggests he felt the leaks were coming not from within the squad but from someone watching at THTC - either from inside, or outside, the wire.

precisely, there was a character assassination of Miller saying he was a leak, then it all went strangely quiet when indeed the leaks kept coming long after Kenny had left Ibrox.

Back