Follow Follow Golf Day this year.

I guess you missed the part where I say that wasn't sufficient for a reason. They are asking why that makes the event, or the stay, not possible.
No, I didn't miss that at all. It should be blindingly obvious to all why people may not wish a tournament to go ahead during a period of mourning. For them to claim they don't understand is rather like the old charge in the British Army of "dumb insolence".

What is the reason for cancelling? I'm trying to get a refund for my hotel booking, and I'm being asked for the cancellation reason to see if it qualifies with the refund policy. Supposedly they need more than the Queen's passing as a reason.

Also, I'm unwilling to make the following week as I'm in London.
Premier Inn are being utter arses about it but are letting you extend up to 18 months.

The Queen passed on Thursday.
I got back from a intense course that lasted Monday to Friday.
I got home after a 6hr drive at 9-30pm
Tried to speak to the person I was dealing with at the course on Saturday but wasn’t in.
Spoke to the pro shop who took my number and said would speak to the secretary and never heard anything back.
Owen who I booked it through will be in at some point today.
On top of that I’m out trying to do some training for my new job today(new job is why I’m limited for dates).
Hopefully at some point I can pick my mum up from hospital.
Hardly slept for a week now.

Hopefully I get to speak to Owen today and will do a group DM later on today.

Apologies folk for such short notice.

Tried to speak to the person I was dealing with at the course on Saturday but wasn’t in.
Spoke to the pro shop who took my number and said would speak to the secretary and never heard anything back.
On top of that I’m out trying to do some training for my new job today(new job is why I’m limited for dates).

You dont need to explain yourself mate

Mate stop stressing yourself, it’s an outside influence that have caused the cancellation not you directly so stop worrying it happens.

I had a look to see if I could have salvaged anything at Royal Musselburgh but we’re rammed full.let me know if you can rearrange it if not I will sort something out at the Royal Musselburgh

Don't apologise

You were good enough to step up and organise it. Even if it's pushed back till March we all understand

Hi mate ,

You obviously have a lot on your plate just now, but please try not to get stressed over these matters, especially the golf outing, you were good enough to organise it for us and nobody could see that we'd end in this situation, I'm sure everyone is totally understanding of the cicircumstances and fully in agreement with the event being postponed.

Hopefully most can make a rearranged date, even if it's next year, but if I can help in any way just let me know.

Ok folks that’s it cancelled.
Spoke to the club today.
Maintenance week starting on Monday.
Following Sunday booked out to a group.
Season coming to a end.

Next year I’ve already promised the charity that I help with a golf day Who Dares Cares.

Just tried to get this one up and running for this year as I enjoyed the last couple I was at.
Fridays will be a struggle with starting up a business for the first time in my life.

I will go through the refunds tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind messages.

Spoke to the club today.
Season coming to a end.

Next year I’ve already promised the charity that I help with a golf day Who Dares Cares.

Just tried to get this one up and running for this year as I enjoyed the last couple I was at.
Fridays will be a struggle with starting up a business for the first time in my life.

Spoke to the club today.
Season coming to a end.

I don't know if you had picked a charity for the FF Golf day, if you have then I would like you to take my entry and treat it as a donation, if you choose to split it 50/50 with your Who Dares Cares charity I would be very happy with that too! Thanks for organising, I know how much time and effort these things take. Good luck with your new Business venture, you deserve every success!

I don't know if you had picked a charity for the FF Golf day, if you have then I would like you to take my entry and treat it as a donation, if you choose to split it 50/50 with your Who Dares Cares charity I would be very happy with that too! Thanks for organising, I know how much time and effort these things take. Good luck with your new Business venture, you deserve every success!
FF was for the Ghurkas.
I will put the full amount into them m8

My charity day will be some time next year.
Covid stopped me doing the WDC one.

Spoke to the club today.
Season coming to a end.

Cheers for organising, I've extended my hotel as far forward as possible in the hope we can get one next year.

If not it's a random night in Falkirk.

Cheers for organising, I've extended my hotel as far forward as possible in the hope we can get one next year.

If not it's a random night in Falkirk.
How far have they let you extend it.

If anyone wants to try and organise it for early next year I can hand in 2 x 4 balls.

Or auction them on here and put them towards the charity.

Back