Football computer games of old

Have to wonder - with today's VR technology - if there's someone out there trying to work on an on field game right now?

Have to wonder - with today's VR technology - if there's someone out there trying to work on an on field game right now?
It's been tried. Not with a headset. I can't remember the name of the game now, it escapes me. There is be a pro on FIFA and you can change the view, but no first person yet.

Don't even want to think of the hours I must have lost playing champ manager. Used to spend hours in the editor before even starting a game giving us a massive stadium and bank balance lol

anyone remember Kick and Run on arcade?
It was amazing compared to the crap we had to put up with on 8bit computers (at the time)

UEFA Dream Soccer on the Dreamcast. Wish I still had the Dreamcast I loved that console. Mostly because there was that many pirated games around

Kick Off 3 on the mega drive then actua soccer on the PlayStation.

Also played Olympic soccer & adidas power soccer (Kung fu kicks!) on the PlayStation .

UEFA Dream Soccer on the Dreamcast. Wish I still had the Dreamcast I loved that console. Mostly because there was that many pirated games around
it was really easy to pirate the games

ended up killing the console

PS CEX sell them

I used to love playing Super Soccer on the SNES

Would always go Italy for the blue strip and kid on it was Rangers

It's been tried. Not with a headset. I can't remember the name of the game now, it escapes me. There is be a pro on FIFA and you can change the view, but no first person yet.

Remember a game on the C64, "iPlay Football" I think it was called and it was meant to be a player's perspective.

Was dull as dishwater as you waited in hope for the play to come to you.

In VR, with forward locomotion, might be the next step in football gaming.

First football game I ever had was International Soccer on the C64.

Notable game changers are:

FIFA ('94) (MegaDrive)
ISS (SNES original)
FIFA RTWC '98 (N64 version)
ISS Pro Evolution (PSX)
Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution, which was the better Japanese version of PES2 (PS2)
PES3 (PS2)

Then everything went in a slow decline.
Used to be obsessed with gaming but I've hardly played in the last 8 years.

I think as well as Champ Manager: Italia I mentioned Sensible Soccer has to have been the best football game across any format. For sheer simple but addictive gameplay it couldn't be beaten. Quite enjoyed Super Sidekicks on the Neo Geo as well though.

Another vote for sensible world of soccer, that and champ manager 97 cost me hours of my life.
Kick off on the Amiga was ok.
Going back to my spectrum days, I thought match day was amazing at the time, but having revisited it recently, it seems my memory has failed me, it wasn't very good
Also spent a lot of hours on the original spectrum football manager, which I loved at the time, even though your players were rated from one to five, and it randomly changed at the end of each season.

Back