For once I agree Michael Stewart

Bluenote

He is arguing that VAR should be introduced either at the start of the season or exactly half way through the season so that all clubs are treated fairly. For example, no VAR when we next play them at their midden, but VAR when we play them at Ibrox. Doesn't sit well with me to agree with Stewart, but on this occasion, I agree with him.

He is arguing that VAR should be introduced either at the start of the season or exactly half way through the season so that all clubs are treated fairly. For example, no VAR when we next play them at their midden, but VAR when we play them at Ibrox. Doesn't sit well with me to agree with Stewart, but on this occasion, I agree with him.
Nonsense the sooner the better. Don't care whether we have it for more home or away games against whoever as long as it is implemented as soon as possible.

VAR isn’t remotely ready. Fucks sake they are still advertising for Hawkeye operators for this stuff!

VAR should have been in place for the start of the season. It needs implemented as soon as possible. How can there be an offline trial of the system, but not an official one? What’s the difference here? Are they still screening the company operating it?

Scottish Football. Leading the way in the absolute ridiculous as usual. Bowling club committee idiots.

Does anyone know if we are going to get the good full fat VAR that the EPL have, or the half baked version the womens Euros have?

Common sense.

They have had the entire summer to try make the league look even remotely professional by doing all they could by introducing it.

Improving the league is not priority, they already have other agendas that require all their attention.

Don't even get me started on that pitch and lines today.

The lines on that pitch today made it look like an airport.

There's not point having terrible decisions which could be fixed for any longer than we need to.

Get it in as soon as possible.

How does playing more games where mistakes can be made for either team make it fairer?

Sooner it’s brought in the better.

Then - hopefully if implemented properly AND by impartial officials - the “mistakes” get - rightly - overturned.

Scotland is a laughing stock in all manner of things.

This VAR farce is just another in a whole line of embarrassments.

Couldn’t disagree more personally.

As we saw to our cost today, it needs brought in asap. I don’t care if that’s next weekend, October, or after the World Cup.

Screw sporting fairness or whatever they are calling it this week, no one gave a toss about that last season so why should they now?

It's been proven in multiple leagues, European ties etc etc that it works more often than not, what is this need for a trial/evaluation pish? They've had all summer to install the tech, no more pussyfooting around, start using it now.

Has anyone else introduced it midway for a season or is Scotland trailblazing the way in the ludicrous again ?

Hungary introduced it a few games into the start of the season, if I remember rightly. Which raised a few eyebrows. A few fixtures were chosen to trial it during the first few rounds of games. Then it went league wide after that.

I'm of the opinion it should be implemented as soon as its viable and possible to do so. Doing it at the halfway point is stupid as hell. Just feeds into conspiracy/agenda narratives. As we saw this afternoon, it's needed.

At the start of the season or implement at the end.

What the issue?

Because it makes zero sense.

You’re happy with the refereeing and the lack of attempts to improve the officiating?

Are you fine with linesman Frank Connor seeing one thing against us but ignoring it against the yahoos?

Oddly, it’s quite a few Celtic-minded pundits questioning the introduction of VAR. I wonder why…

Utterly bizarre the start of season or never brigade. In essence you're contrasting we are better off suffering 100 dodgy decisions than 5 cos yeah that'll be great eh :D :oops:

I'm still convinced that even if we had VAR today, they'd still have ruled Colak's goal offside.
Remember it's still the same dodgy officials that will be sitting behind the screens!

Scottish football doesn't have the resources to implement it until mid way through the season. Better late than never as far as I'm concerned. The officials could of cost us points today and anything that might help prevent that is badly required.

If only we could get rid of the 19th Century Terrorist spfl then we might of had enough money to implement it at the start of the season.

Does anyone know if we are going to get the good full fat VAR that the EPL have, or the half baked version the womens Euros have?

Guessing when games are on sky there will be far more cameras available than there will be when it's Rangers TV or any other club channel. Sure the setup is 6 cameras minimum you can go with under fifa rules is 4.

They have had the entire summer to try make the league look even remotely professional by doing all they could by introducing it.

Improving the league is not priority, they already have other agendas that require all their attention.

Don't even get me started on that pitch and lines today.

The lines on that pitch today made it look like an airport.

4cms too big ffs

That's a huge margin for error on a potential goal line clearance

Nonsense the sooner the better. Don't care whether we have it for more home or away games against whoever as long as it is implemented as soon as possible.
It should have been introduced at the start of the season, but in typical Scottish football fashion, it wasn't. So now they are saying it needs to be introduced after the first round of fixtures are complete- i.e. we play them at their midden with no VAR- then 3 matches against them with VAR. Given the recent controversial refereeing decisions in matches against them, don't you think it would be fairer to have VAR in place equally split across the season?

So is the lady's front bottom wanting it binned till the start of next season???

Back