For once I agree Michael Stewart

He is arguing that VAR should be introduced either at the start of the season or exactly half way through the season so that all clubs are treated fairly. For example, no VAR when we next play them at their midden, but VAR when we play them at Ibrox. Doesn't sit well with me to agree with Stewart, but on this occasion, I agree with him.

It’s pretty obvious that’s the way it should be, I’d even go as far to say if it’s not ready for game 1 then it has to wait until next season starts.

However Scottish football is run at the behest of Celtic so it will be brought in when it suits them to do so.

Well we are 90mins into the season and we've already been denied a legit goal and a Livi player should have walked. So I'll take VAR ASAP.
VAR would have had zero influence on the situation with the Livi player who should have had a second yellow shortly before Martingale hooked him. VAR doesn't adjudicate yellow cards, even if one would lead to a red being shown.

4 ropey decisions on the opening day of the season. 3 against us 1 for us…. Not evening itself out that great so far. Bring it in as early as possible

He is arguing that VAR should be introduced either at the start of the season or exactly half way through the season so that all clubs are treated fairly. For example, no VAR when we next play them at their midden, but VAR when we play them at Ibrox. Doesn't sit well with me to agree with Stewart, but on this occasion, I agree with him.

Not even if he said shite was brown would I agree with that ginger haired bawbag.

He just knows ra sellick are fucked.

His favourite line of how the rules says it is but he thinks it isn't will be screwed as well.

Sorry mate, Michael is still talking shite, VAR needs to be introduced as soon as it can be!

VAR in Scotland will only benefit his beloved Scum,that’s why he wants it
ASAP. no need to agree with him.;)

I think the most striking part of all of this, is that not only is it part of the season and not all of the season, which I agree is wrong but we have no idea when it wil actually happen and it's comical how suspicious that seems.

Disagree

Get it in asap regardless of when it is

The more decisions we get right the better, simple as that

I get the logic of what you/he’s saying but let’s say next game at Ibrox we don’t use it because we never used it today and we get 2 perfectly good goals chopped off and lose 1-0. How’s that benefit anyone?

That logic works on the assumption that if we get a shite ref against us today we got one for us at Ibrox and that’s never the case in reality

It should either have been place today, or shouldn’t be used until next season. I get they want it in as soon as possible but they (although I know they have previous) shouldn’t be changing rules during the season. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that all teams, some more than others, will have a cases where they will drop points due to errors of the referee and their assistants prior to VAR being introduced. And then others will gain points later in the season where decisions are made correctly due to VAR, and fans and clubs will legitimately be able to argue to earlier on in the season, the Colak goal today being a prime example (even more so had we not taken any points). It’ll be a shit show until it is implemented over the course of the season.

VAR isn’t remotely ready. Fucks sake they are still advertising for Hawkeye operators for this stuff!

VAR should have been in place for the start of the season. It needs implemented as soon as possible. How can there be an offline trial of the system, but not an official one? What’s the difference here? Are they still screening the company operating it?

Scottish Football. Leading the way in the absolute ridiculous as usual. Bowling club committee idiots.
To be fair they can only employ 16% of the applications judging by what school they went to.

Despite what it looks like there's no magic 19th Century Terrorist tree you know.

It should have been introduced at the start of this season or the start of next. This is the only fair way to introduce imho, given the imbalance of our fixture list, given the nature of the split.

It should be the start of the season - or not at all!

You don't change your rules half way through the season.

My default position on any issue is Michael Stewart is wrong and he is wrong here again
VAR leads to more correct decisions
How can a team be disadvantaged by correct decicions being made?
Is this because of the totally unscientific belief that somehow because of some magical power in the universe the incorrect decisions perfectly balance out over the course of a season
A belief for which there is no proof offered whatsoever but has been repeated so often by empty headed pundits it has somehow become accepted as true
It is pish and the sooner the correct decisions start being made
There is only one reason that these guys are against it and thst is because the current system favours their team

I was raging at the linesman today for disallowing a perfectly legitimate goal, however, when I got home I realised Colak was so in line with the last defender, he was effectively making said defender invisible to the linesman, which caused him to put his flag up in the split second decision he had to make. VAR is required to help the officials in such instances and can't come soon enough.

Michael Stewart is an utter wretch, though, and I'm loathed to agree with him on anything.

The rules being applied fairly and professionally should never be a concern to us.

VAR as soon as it’s available please.

Dont forget tho when it does come in, its still down to someones definition or interpretations of the laws of the game as to whether its a correct decision or a mistake has been made, so still plenty of scope for things to go against us, the goal chalked off in Europa League last season for Kent is a prime example. We could see clearly its a foul ON Alfie yet ref calls it back, disallows the goal and says Alfie fould the other guy. We'd need impartial, English or foreign VAR refs.

"Exactly half way through" doesn't make a difference when some teams only play some others away twice while others play the same team twice at home. It is already an unbalanced league in that respect.

At the end of the day, getting VAR operational ASAP is going to (hopefully) increase accuracy of decisions. We should benefit from that.

Ask yourself why M Stewart and his ilk wouldn't want it in place until halfway through or the start of next season.

Does anyone know if we are going to get the good full fat VAR that the EPL have, or the half baked version the womens Euros have?

In England they have about 12 cameras at non televised games, and about 20-25 at televised games.

Up here we have about 12 on televised and 4 at non televised.

It will be very different and not to the standard even at the euros

Michael Stewart is a ginger bawbag.

Just saw him in Sportscene and he is a fucking tit

That bstard is only calling for it as he believes Livi goal should have stood, no mention of our onside goal, he is no friend of ours.

Isn't the only reason there rushing it through is because the referees wouldn't be allowed to officiate at the world cup giving the sfa money

Get it in i dont care if we play a game or two more without it before the scum do, get it in soon as possible

Disagree

Get it in asap regardless of when it is

The more decisions we get right the better, simple as that

I get the logic of what you/he’s saying but let’s say next game at Ibrox we don’t use it because we never used it today and we get 2 perfectly good goals chopped off and lose 1-0. How’s that benefit anyone?

That logic works on the assumption that if we get a shite ref against us today we got one for us at Ibrox and that’s never the case in reality

Exactly, but if you get loads of dodgy decisions going your way constantly (guess who) then VAR will impact that.
Fair nothing.The unwashed are bricking it and the mouthpieces told the script.

You really need to look at what is being suggested here, only in Scotland could the potential of getting decisions right be seen as 'unfair'.

When your whole marketing potential is playing to the paranoid thims about decisions in games (the ones Rangers get and the ones ra sellick don't), what happens when VAR gubs that?

These muppets in the media won't know what to do.

But like having the mod season break half way through and not postponing it to allow a certain team to sign more players and field them against us

Our game is run by morons. We have the worst refs in the history of Scottish Football. We have the worst pundits in the history of Scottish football.
We have teams playing on plastic pitches, we have teams unwilling to earn revenue by selling us tickets when three stands are almost empty.
We have no commercial idea or direction for our product.
We have the worst Tv deal probably out of any league in Europe.
We have two Govern bodys for a small country run by absolute dinosaurs who have zero interest in improving anything.
VAR wiull be another mess when it comes out.

We all know the timing is controversial, no need to agree with that twat. ;):) The SFA with another half baked idea regarding the timing of it's introduction, what goes on in their pathetic wee heids, it's beyond me.

Why half way through the season? It was blatant cheating when they did that with the 5 sub rule last season. By changing the rules after the season starts it changes the "sporting integrity" (remember that) of the competitions.

That said, and all morals pished down a drain, I want it in NOW. Rats like Connor and Mulvannay etc. won't get away with as much.

I'll tell you right now : there's no way that paedo FC will not try to ensure the VAR team is full of Declans, Tonys, Vincents, Michaels etc.
Why else has Lawwell announced his imminent return?

His favourite line of how the rules says it is but he thinks it isn't will be screwed as well.
Has he ever come out with that shite in games not involving us? Tbf to the cretin it is original punditry.

"Yeah, I know the laws but really because it's Rangers and I don't like them, that wrong decision was correct."

Yes, I suppose the more games we have VAR in operation, the better. It will hopefully stamp out some of the outrageous refereeing decisions we've seen against us in domestic competition of late. So what does that mean w.r.t. Michael Stewart's comments? It means I don't agree with him after all and that makes me feel better .
Requesting the views of a larger group is a good thing sometimes mate, especially if it means you are shown the light and discover you actually disagree with Michael Stewart! B-D ;)

Back