For once I agree Michael Stewart

Today again proves we need VAR.

That goal getting chopped off was a joke and could have been costly
Agreed but livi will be thinking the same. Can we really say their goal wouldn't have stood knowing the incorporated or dishonesty of those who will be in control

It should have been introduced at the start of the season, but in typical Scottish football fashion, it wasn't. So now they are saying it needs to be introduced after the first round of fixtures are complete- i.e. we play them at their midden with no VAR- then 3 matches against them with VAR. Given the recent controversial refereeing decisions in matches against them, don't you think it would be fairer to have VAR in place equally split across the season?
Clearly the start of the season would have been much better. However with the same logic the earlier the better is also true. Really don't care how many games we have against who with it in operation as long as it's in as soon as possible.

The only possible stipulation I could see is everyone has the same amount of matches with it. It won't be 38 clearly but as high as possible means less scope for wrong decision. What's not to like?

It should have been introduced at the start of the season, but in typical Scottish football fashion, it wasn't. So now they are saying it needs to be introduced after the first round of fixtures are complete- i.e. we play them at their midden with no VAR- then 3 matches against them with VAR. Given the recent controversial refereeing decisions in matches against them, don't you think it would be fairer to have VAR in place equally split across the season?

Who’s had the refereeing decisions go against them?

Why would you want two games vs yahoos without VAR rather than one?

VAR isn’t remotely ready. Fucks sake they are still advertising for Hawkeye operators for this stuff!

VAR should have been in place for the start of the season. It needs implemented as soon as possible. How can there be an offline trial of the system, but not an official one? What’s the difference here? Are they still screening the company operating it?

Scottish Football. Leading the way in the absolute ridiculous as usual. Bowling club committee idiots.
Yes with Doncaster as chairman ffs with his puppet master going back to the walking dead look out

VAR is needed ASAP but we know the SFA will make a rip roaring arse of it. The cheating won't stop.

Because it makes zero sense.

You’re happy with the refereeing and the lack of attempts to improve the officiating?

Are you fine with linesman Frank Connor seeing one thing against us but ignoring it against the yahoos?

Oddly, it’s quite a few Celtic-minded pundits questioning the introduction of VAR. I wonder why…
I like consistency in a season.

The likes of Livingstone will struggle to find the money required to implement it at their ground and SPFL are bankrupt morally as well as monetarily which probably explains the delay.

We can afford it though and so can the 19th Century Terrorists so why can't we come to an agreement that all games played has VAR at our home grounds?

Our VAR will be a poor man’s show compared to elsewhere.

My second point is, Michael Stewart is a fucking wank!

Clearly the start of the season would have been much better. However with the same logic the earlier the better is also true. Really don't care how many games we have against who with it in operation as long as it's in as soon as possible.

The only possible stipulation I could see is everyone has the same amount of matches with it. It won't be 38 clearly but as high as possible means less scope for wrong decision. What's not to like?
Yes, I suppose the more games we have VAR in operation, the better. It will hopefully stamp out some of the outrageous refereeing decisions we've seen against us in domestic competition of late. So what does that mean w.r.t. Michael Stewart's comments? It means I don't agree with him after all and that makes me feel better .

Livi, Hibs, Hearts, sheep and that lot away, no VAR then it gets implemented when the fixtures flip for their hard away game run.

Doesn’t look like they will be able to manipulate the winter break this season so we’re getting this instead. We’ve already seen officials trying to %^*& us over today, expect more of the same.

SFA / SPFL the most amateur dad's army football associations in world football. Corrupt to the core, untrustworthy shower of small minded , petty Rangers hating bigots.

Feck sake!

It could cause as many issues as it solves, some of the womens teams have been raging about it for that very reason.
100% we are going to find dodgy decisions with this and one of those reasons being there is not enough camera angles to make a clear call.

VAR is not being introduced to benefit any individual club. It being introduced in an attempt to stop injustices, mistakes, incompetence and cheating and needs implemented ASAP. As long as it’s administered correctly and fairly we have nothing to fear from VAR. If another club fails to benefit from its absence then so be it.

It's hardly the end of the world if teams don't get an equal amount of home/away games with VAR. It's the same for the team you're playing against, they benefit from VAR as much as you do.

We need it ASAP.

It's gonna be brought in at the same point for every team

Surely this home/away/moon argument is completely irrelevant

Just bring it in and get on with it
Absolutely mate, when has the integrity of the rules of the league ever been an issue unless it was to fùck us up.
Every single year no team plays each other the same amount of times home and away, so this , as you say , is irrelevant.

They had eight weeks to test it. I’m sure the clubs would have given them a key to get in the stadiums during the holidays.

no, VAR should mean that the correct decisions are being made, so the sooner the better

They can trail VAR today and tomorrow but they can't actually use it for weeks and weeks. Smells like shite to me.

This is different though.
Offside is offside, so if it was ignored , they would have to answer to why it was ignored
I'm not sure. How many times did Sky show our "offside" goal?. Even the pundits afterwards treated it like a joke

It won't be too hard for them to ignore obvious contentious issues, and the media to pretend it didn't happen. Anything else to them would be just paranoid Rangers supporters moaning.

Of course, it'll be different if the opposition was on the receiving end. That's how the CO system works

He is arguing that VAR should be introduced either at the start of the season or exactly half way through the season so that all clubs are treated fairly. For example, no VAR when we next play them at their midden, but VAR when we play them at Ibrox. Doesn't sit well with me to agree with Stewart, but on this occasion, I agree with him.
Either full season or wait till the next

no, VAR should mean that the correct decisions are being made, so the sooner the better
Yes, The Egg - see post #65. I've changed my mind and I agree. The sooner VAR is introduced the better as there will be fewer opportunities for referees and opposing teams to cheat us out of valid and fair decisions.

It should have been introduced for the start of the season however I’ll take it just as soon as it’s available.
Incidentally, our victory today would have been more conclusive had we had var already.

Sooner it’s brought in the better.

Then - hopefully if implemented properly AND by impartial officials - the “mistakes” get - rightly - overturned.
Absolutely.

One game in and we’ve already had our match affected by a decision it would have ruled on. It’s not advantageous for anyone so why does it have to go half way through the season before being introduced. Get it done and get it done as soon as possible. Before results are affected by the likes of what we seen today.

Back