For once I agree Michael Stewart

Shite planning and total lack of forward thinking again by our football overlords. An utter joke of a body, yet one that the majority of the clubs appear to have no interest in changing

dont think celtic or the spfl will allow it to be brought in until celtic have built up a 4 or 5 point lead through dodgy decisions ,only then will it be deemed safe to bring it in

He is arguing that VAR should be introduced either at the start of the season or exactly half way through the season so that all clubs are treated fairly. For example, no VAR when we next play them at their midden, but VAR when we play them at Ibrox. Doesn't sit well with me to agree with Stewart, but on this occasion, I agree with him.
"Half way through" the season in Scotland is not two complete round of fixtures though.

He is arguing that VAR should be introduced either at the start of the season or exactly half way through the season so that all clubs are treated fairly. For example, no VAR when we next play them at their midden, but VAR when we play them at Ibrox. Doesn't sit well with me to agree with Stewart, but on this occasion, I agree with him.
Do you think he'd give a toss if the roles were reversed between us and the filth?

However, the manner in which it VAR is being introduced is the fuds running Scottish football at their absolute shamateurish best.

PS, Michael, you've not had a problem with all teams being treated fairly up till now, so whey the concern now all of a sudden?

It should have been introduced at the start of the season, but in typical Scottish football fashion, it wasn't. So now they are saying it needs to be introduced after the first round of fixtures are complete- i.e. we play them at their midden with no VAR- then 3 matches against them with VAR. Given the recent controversial refereeing decisions in matches against them, don't you think it would be fairer to have VAR in place equally split across the season?
Given the recent controversial refereeing decisions in matches against them, don't you think it would be fairer to have VAR in place equally split across the season?

I don't get your argument here. Given that they've been the recipient of the beneficial decisions, Clancy Dec 2019 being the absolute benchmark and Midden last season with the 'heads clash' at the cesspit, surely a Rangers fan would welcome VAR as soon as possible?

For the record, I'm still not sold on the implementation of VAR due to the corruption of the officials who will no doubt be in charge of the camera footage.

However, I'm prepared to eat copious amounts of Humble Pie should it prove to be a success.

Does anyone know if we are going to get the good full fat VAR that the EPL have, or the half baked version the womens Euros have?
I've been told it's 6 cameras at all grounds. The only grounds that will have full fat are Ibrox and the Piggery.

VAR is going to be a fucking disaster in Scotland.

I think a lot of people seem to have an idea that it’ll solve the shocking standard of refereeing but I think it’s just going to cause more controversy.

My only argument would be that, as yesterday proved, it’s the sooner the better for us.

Given the recent controversial refereeing decisions in matches against them, don't you think it would be fairer to have VAR in place equally split across the season?

I don't get your argument here. Given that they've been the recipient of the beneficial decisions, Clancy Dec 2019 being the absolute benchmark and Midden last season with the 'heads clash' at the cesspit, surely a Rangers fan would welcome VAR as soon as possible?

For the record, I'm still not sold on the implementation of VAR due to the corruption of the officials who will no doubt be in charge of the camera footage.

However, I'm prepared to eat copious amounts of Humble Pie should it prove to be a success.
See post #65. On reflection, I agree that VAR should be introduced asap.

If var had been introduced after the winter break last season then we'd have won the league.
It would be much better to have it at start of the season however they've failed at that but the more games we get with it in place then the better it will be for us.

Either start it at the beginning or the end.

No debate.
That would be ideal but for us, another season like last is dicing with danger.
How many gameslast season would VAR have changed the outcome?
No, absolutely no more delays.
The sooner the better.

Why does everyone see VAR as some kind of advantage? It could just as easily cost us goals. I’m for bringing it in ASAP No matter when
History bud.
Did you not watch the games last season?
Think about how many times you’ve seen us fecked by poor refereeing decisions.
Think about how many times you’ve seen us as the beneficiaries.
Not quite balanced, is it.

It should have been introduced at the start of the season, but in typical Scottish football fashion, it wasn't. So now they are saying it needs to be introduced after the first round of fixtures are complete- i.e. we play them at their midden with no VAR- then 3 matches against them with VAR. Given the recent controversial refereeing decisions in matches against them, don't you think it would be fairer to have VAR in place equally split across the season?
I don’t understand this argument at all.
Does a camera know what game it’s at?

Agreed but livi will be thinking the same. Can we really say their goal wouldn't have stood knowing the incorporated or dishonesty of those who will be in control
That would be true.
Now, tell me about Livingston’s penalty claim.
Just if you’re thinking of proving balance.

100% we are going to find dodgy decisions with this and one of those reasons being there is not enough camera angles to make a clear call.
That’s just taking a negative view though.
That there is more cameras means there will better coverage of the critical areas.
FFS, the cameras we had last season, not any extra cameras, could have given us another ten points.

Sigh..look guys this nobody doesn’t know nothing about football,he done nothing in football,someone gave him a job in broadcasting why I will never know,he hates everything rangers please just ignore the useless twat and don’t give him the hits.

Struggling to work out why if introduced it will make it unfair for some! And halfway through makes it fair?

Should've of course been at the the start but needs to be ASAP and I don't see how any team having more home games etc in that period would make it unfair.

It should be the start of the season - or not at all!

You don't change your rules half way through the season.
I don’t get this argument.
VAR isn't a rule.
It’s a tool to help get decisions correct.
The actual rules are still the same.

I was raging at the linesman today for disallowing a perfectly legitimate goal, however, when I got home I realised Colak was so in line with the last defender, he was effectively making said defender invisible to the linesman, which caused him to put his flag up in the split second decision he had to make. VAR is required to help the officials in such instances and can't come soon enough.

Michael Stewart is an utter wretch, though, and I'm loathed to agree with him on anything.
The offside one was easier than it looked.
If you’re in line with the last defender and you can’t see him, or a legal goalscoring/goal preventing part of him, it’s offside.
If you can see said piece, there is no offside.

"Exactly half way through" doesn't make a difference when some teams only play some others away twice while others play the same team twice at home. It is already an unbalanced league in that respect.

At the end of the day, getting VAR operational ASAP is going to (hopefully) increase accuracy of decisions. We should benefit from that.

Ask yourself why M Stewart and his ilk wouldn't want it in place until halfway through or the start of next season.
For Rangers, what does home or away have to do with anything.
Does the camera work differently?

I'll tell you right now : there's no way that paedo FC will not try to ensure the VAR team is full of Declans, Tonys, Vincents, Michaels etc.
Why else has Lawwell announced his imminent return?
Declan John, Tony Weston, Michael Mols?
Struggling for a Vincent. :)

If VAR is brought in it should be for the entire season and not just part of the season.
So you'd rather the farcical decisions yesterday were allowed to rumble on and mar another season just like last term?

BTW, there were laws intoduced midway through the season last season. That particular precedent has been set.

So you'd rather the farcical decisions yesterday were allowed to rumble on and mar another season just like last term?

BTW, there were laws intoduced midway through the season last season. That particular precedent has been set.

I'd rather VAR was introduced yesterday. We lost out due to it not being introduced at the very start of the season. That's my point.

I'll tell you right now : there's no way that paedo FC will not try to ensure the VAR team is full of Declans, Tonys, Vincents, Michaels etc.
Why else has Lawwell announced his imminent return?

a76f2206-dde5-11ec-8780-0257d57b707f.jpg

That would be true.
Now, tell me about Livingston’s penalty claim.
Just if you’re thinking of proving balance.
What claim was that . Must have missed it along with the ref whom I find it hard he never saw it. If there was even the slightest chance of a penalty against us the ref or a linesman would be only too Willing to oblige.

Last edited:
What claim was that . Must have missed it along with the ref whom I find it hard he never saw it. If there was even the slightest chance of a penalty against us the ref or a linesman would be only too Williston oblige.
There wasn’t one but there was for us so, again, with VAR, we’d be nett winners.

i share your concerns on the people that will be monitoring VAR the only thing thy can affect is the offside decisions wewill see what comes of it all soon

Not really understanding the thread title.

I get the irony me posting but you could have said var coming midway into the season is pointless or something instead of mentioning that idiots name.

Back