Frank Lampard

Seriously? We should be going for a top quality manager. A proven winner. No more projects.

FDB, GVB, WS.

I even think we should start to flex our muscles on this and try and pry a premiership manager away.
Seriously? an EPL manager.

We are in the realms of punts or rejects. We either take a young inexperienced name, a guy like Jack Ross who has done well at a smaller club, or the likes of a pardew. Those are our options. At least we would get a bit of buzz.

Seriously? an EPL manager.

We are in the realms of punts or rejects. We either take a young inexperienced name, a guy like Jack Ross who has done well at a smaller club, or the likes of a pardew. Those are our options. At least we would get a bit of buzz.
Why not. We’re still the biggest club in this county despite recent events.

In all honesty, Lampard is an interesting one, probably needs some experience in lower England leagues 1st, but an intelligent player who has grown up in football management - probably not the right time for us - but I don’t think it’s such an absurd idea.

I guess some people just don't have a "this is a shite idea" filter in the brain---->fingers---->type process.

He would look the muts nuts in the blue suit and brown brogues.

But he isn't a football manager. We need a football manager. We have not had one in years.

Is this what it's come to? One of the finest minds on the board reduced to this? Poor chap has obviously lost his marbles and the bag he kept them in. This could be the beginning of an epidemic if we don't nip this in the bud and send in a hit team to sanitise the O.P. immediately.

Hang your heads in shame, Murty, Roberston, AJ, King.
He was a good bear.

Edit - apologies to Moodyblue.

Last edited:
Maybe if he was still playing it might be a shout (emphasis on maybe & might), but I'm probably just trying to pretend that a 1986 style resurgence isn't completely outwith the realms of possibility.

A leap into the unknown is not the right strategy after 3 failed managerial appointments / experiments. If the board go down that route they are daft. We need a credible, experienced manager with leadership qualities, coaching skills and the ability to deal with (and succeed) at a club with the high expectation level at Rangers. Not a rookie who, to my mind, fine footballer though he was, has never shown an inkling of leadership qualities or even desire to get into management. I think he’ll be a media pundit for some time. Souness was different. He was a leader throughout his playing career.

We need a top class manager that can manage a team not a rookie.
The 3-2 we lost at Ibrox would have been won with a Good manager not a coach.
It is so important to get the right manager that a good bit of whatever budget should go on him.
We should not be afraid to spend £2 m or so on him.Its that important......

Is this what it's come to? One of the finest minds on the board reduced to this? Poor chap has obviously lost his marbles and the bag he kept them in. This could be the beginning of an epidemic if we don't nip this in the bud and send in a hit team to sanitise Moody immediately.

Hang your heads in shame, Murty, Roberston, AJ, King.
He was a good bear.
I don’t think it’s Moody but the rest stands.

Seriously? We should be going for a top quality manager. A proven winner. No more projects.

FDB, GVB, WS.

I even think we should start to flex our muscles on this and try and pry a premiership manager away.

Can just imagine how that would go with someone like Pochettino at Spurs:

"Mauricio - fancy coming up to Scotland to manage in the SPFL on 20% of your salary and 10% of your transfer budget? Your not a pape are you? Have you heard of Carlos Pena?" [hangs up]

I have been saying Lampard for months.

We gamble or we get a middle of the road journeyman.

That's our reality.

Seriously who do people really thing we are going to get?

Get a experienced number two in and its not so crazy.

would you rather have a guy with 106 England Caps, a champions league medal, played under all the top managers or a right back who played for Reading

Seriously who do people really thing we are going to get?

Get a experienced number two in and its not so crazy.

would you rather have a guy with 106 England Caps, a champions league medal, played under all the top managers or a right back who played for Reading
Neither.

Back