Frankfurt Morelos

He’s struggling but making slow progress with his English. Now he’d need to start German. No chance.

Although please start the bidding

Last edited:
Considering he is a Spanish speaker I'm surprised that countries teams haven't bid.

We paid £12M donkey years ago for a CF. I expect us to receive more than that by a fair distance.

He plays in a shit league against caber tossers and other tossers. He has no deep and abiding affinity for Glasgow , Scotland and the Rangers, unlike us. He will go where and when he wants and all our weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth will not sway him one iota. He is a professional footballer and it would be the same if he were an Accountant, plumber, electrician or any one else who earns a living and has a family. He will go where the money is.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up. We will cherish his memory.

Get him banned for.that shite
If he goes I just hope we can find a suitable replacement who can be relied upon. This season is huge and the timing isn’t great to be honest. It’s a big risk at this stage and has to be for really big money.

I think you will find that Gerrard and Allen already have replacements in
Get him banned for.that shite

Banned! For paraphrasing what Robertson said?

No point in arguing over his worth. Any actual rangers fan knows that we value him at around £20mill and Dembele set the market there so it’s the price that is expected. Whether it is met or not who knows?

As to the move to Frankfurt, I guess Morelos will be thinking of the next move. Not many players go from the Bundesliga to the EPL though some do go to Spain. Whereas it is common for players to go from Scotland to England and then you are in the EPL market for your next move.

Basically it depends whether he wants to play in Spain or England. And depends how much he is willing to gamble - go for the first decent sized club to offer or wait on a better offer to come.

I don’t think he’ll be hard to work with either way. For all the nonsense the one thing that he has never done is shirked his duties in the team irrespective of offers. We play him and he scores until we sell him.

There's no way someone will offer us a penny more than £20,000,000 this year. However, if he stays and has a golden season then his value skyrockets!

Fine.. you think I am wrong.
I can live with that!
Just my opinion what I think will happen.
I hope you are 100% right!!
We shall see... Tbc

He’s struggling but making slow progress with his English. Now he’d need to start German. No chance.

Although please start the bidding

The majority of Germans speak English as a second language.

He went and froze his South American haw maws off in Finland to further his career, there's no chance he'd turn his nose up at the Bundesliga if the deal is acceptable to us and him.

No point in arguing over his worth. Any actual rangers fan knows that we value him at around £20mill and Dembele set the market there so it’s the price that is expected. Whether it is met or not who knows?

As to the move to Frankfurt, I guess Morelos will be thinking of the next move. Not many players go from the Bundesliga to the EPL though some do go to Spain. Whereas it is common for players to go from Scotland to England and then you are in the EPL market for your next move.

Basically it depends whether he wants to play in Spain or England. And depends how much he is willing to gamble - go for the first decent sized club to offer or wait on a better offer to come.

I don’t think he’ll be hard to work with either way. For all the nonsense the one thing that he has never done is shirked his duties in the team irrespective of offers. We play him and he scores until we sell him.

There have been plenty, to name just a few;
Aubameyang
Dzeko
Kompany
De Bruyne
Schürrle
Kagawa
Mertesacker
Podolski
Leroy Sane
Firmino
De Jong
Özil
Klinsmann

SG won't be here next year if we win nothing again.

He/we stand a far better chance with AM them without him.

No way do I see him going on the cheap. It will batter our club record fee in or out to make us sell. SG isn't an idiot.

Do you mean SG would be hounded out? If that's the case then we truly are our own worst enemy. A continual cycle of change has hindered our progress, we need stability to progress. If folk can't see the strides we are making they are blind.

If he does go I wonder who the refs will single out next?

I’d love him to stay bag his 30+ goals, steer clear of red cards, bag us 55 then leave this time next year for £25m. May as well throw in my 2p.

Eintracht Frankfurt sent scouts to St Joseph’s match and are preparing a big money offer according to papers tomorrow.

They have just sold Haller to West Ham (£45m) and Jovic to Madrid (£65m).

I can see Candeias leaving being a deciding factor in him moving if we get an acceptable offer.

Last season you'd say his head would be turned, big teams, big my net rumours...I'd say he has a wealthy contract at Rangers, will see himself the standards of our club under Rangers have improved dramatically under Gerrard. Around better players, Getting international honours, Europa group stages. As long as he stays here we will get nothing but goals and commitment in my eyes...unless Gerrard wants to cash in at under the Robertson quoted Dembele money (19.3m iirc) it will be quite a come down and rid neck ridicule awaits

I’m not saying he’d do it again. But after the Chinese nonsense he definitely wasn’t at 100%

I was very much in the “if the offer is substantial, let him go” camp but I’ve changed. I don’t want him to leave, I genuinely believe he’ll fire us to 55.

I want him here for one more season.

I’m the same.

I’ve also completely changed my stance on the money we should be looking for him.

Previously I felt talk of £30m was just absurd, but if Tierney really does go for £25m, it completely rips up the rulebook governing what Scottish based players can go for.

However, I really hope we’ve sat down with him and explained that we want to keep him for one more season because we see him as the man to lead us to the Scottish title and if he does that his value will only increase.

I also hope we’ve explained that we value him at x amount and if we don’t receive bids that match we won’t sell under any circumstances.

One more year Alfie - become a Rangers legend.

He loves it here but I’m not sure he’d turn down a big contract to play in the Bundesliga.

If the club got a serious bid, £20 million with add ons / future % for example, they wouldn’t either.
I'm not sure you could ever say Morelos "loves" anything :D. He's the most miserable looking player since Negri. He looks as miserable after scoring a hat trick as a red card. I think that's part of why I love him!

Id rather he went to Frankfurt, he would do very well in Germany.

If he goes then i really dont give a fluck where.

Whoever offers the most money is all that matters.

Maybe a small preference to the epl as that will give us best value for our sell on clause.

Hope he stays.

A successful move to Germany and the elite clubs will open up for him!

He’s 22 or 23, by the age of 25 he could pick his club if he does well!

If the right bid came in it would be a good move him

I think some are going to be very disappointed with the fee Morelos will go for. He is a top player yes, but he is playing in a second rate league and does not have the big European game experience. He will be our record fee but £30m is cloud cuckoo land stuff.

I’m the same.

I’ve also completely changed my stance on the money we should be looking for him.

Previously I felt talk of £30m was just absurd, but if Tierney really does go for £25m, it completely rips up the rulebook governing what Scottish based players can go for.

However, I really hope we’ve sat down with him and explained that we want to keep him for one more season because we see him as the man to lead us to the Scottish title and if he does that his value will only increase.

I also hope we’ve explained that we value him at x amount and if we don’t receive bids that match we won’t sell under any circumstances.

One more year Alfie - become a Rangers legend.
I think Dembelle tore up the rule book last summer to be honest. We should be looking for at least the same as he went for. I would rather we sold him in January if he is to leave. Markets are inflated and hopefully a good European run and no red cards we can easily get £30m+

I think what’s being lost here is that morelos imo actually WANTS a move ,people saying “the wee man is here for 55” ..no he’s not ,there sis absolutely no chance of it in my opinion ,he wants a move and I also think Gerrard wants him moved on if the money is right so we can buy another striker .

I think to some degree there’s probably an element of our support who is mildly obsessed with getting in a transfer fee for one of our players which is in excess of anything the mentally challengeds have had or may get (Tierney / Dembele)!

I for one am not interested in that shite personally. I’d rather Morelos drove us onto a league title this season.

As such, I’d hope that Gerrard would be saying the same thing to Allen and the board and that, if anyone did come in for him, it’s £25m + add ons (a sensible value given the current market). But Gerrard has told teams they need to be quick if they want him...

And if we do get an irresistible offer as such, I have every faith in Gerrard to replace him with quality before the end of the window. In Gerrard we trust.

Frankfurt have just received £100 million for two strikers. They’ve money to spend which means we can afford to do what every other football club does in this situation. £20million starting with 5 or 10% next sell on fee

Posters moan that the press big up the mentally challenged players and inflate fees for them, yet when it comes to our biggest asset we have posters playing down his value saying we can't expect anything like value the club have said they believe he is worth.

It's all a bit mental.

Season starts for real in 2 weeks. If we take Gerrard at his word, I’d say teams have till Friday to bid or he’s staying.

My personal thoughts are for him to stay 1 more season, be awesome and get his move to the EPL. At best I think we will have him till January then a bidder will come in. The galling thing is that when he goes every other club that we show an interest in their forward will bump up their price.
It's just such a huge season for the club that we could do with a settled team, but that's a perfect world scenario.

Back