Match Thread ** Fraserburgh v Rangers - 19:30 Wed 31st - Sky Sports **

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
jkNCpBa.png

Last edited:
With Hibs in mind I would be tempted to rest Morelos.

With Tav suspended i think we might see him starting with 3 at the back

Alnwick

Martin Bates Cardoso

Candieas Docherty Goss John

Halliday

Cummings Herrera

With Hibs in mind I would be tempted to rest Morelos.

With Tav suspended i think we might see him starting with 3 at the back

Alnwick

Martin Bates Cardoso

Candieas Docherty Goss John

Halliday

Cummings Herrera
Never the team. Hodson will play in place of Tav. And we would be better of playing with 10 men than start Herrera.

As long as the attitude of the players is correct we'll skate it. Good team performance,few goals and no injuries will set us up nicely for the game against Hivs. 4-0 the Rangers.

I'm heading up midday tomorrow and I think Murty will have one eye on Saturday without going OTT with the changes.

Candeias was cramping up towards the end on Sunday so he may get a breather along with Morelos.
Hodson in for Tav and expect Cummings and Docherty to get starts.

Comfortable win with a clean sheet is what I want to see.

Is the manager going to do a pre-match press conference for this one? Or due to the tight turnaround from the weekend is it getting pied?

ignore this, just seen a thread pop up saying there is one

Last edited:
Hopefully the weather is OK for this... just tbe good to get this one out of the way.

Docherty unavailable due to registration. Tav out suspended.

Alnwick
Hodson bates Cardoso John
Holt Goss
Murphy Halliday
Cummings Morelos

We need to field our strongest eleven and ensure we progress to the next round

Murty said in his presser today that there will be a few changes.

The only 2 he said definitely wouldn't be playing were Tav (suspended) and Docherty (not registered).

I'd go:

Alnwick
Hodson Cardoso Martin John
Atakayi Barjonas Goss Murphy
Herrera Cummings

Would continue to play all the new players to get more match fitness. and rest certain players ahead of the weekend. I'd also like to see a few younger players get a chance.

Im gutted Docherty can't play, this would have been perfect for him to get a full 90 as a Rangers player for the first time.

If we apply the correct attitude to this game, it'll be a routine and convincing victory.

Alnwick

John
Cardoso
Martin
Hodson

Goss
Barjonas

Dalcio/O'Halloran
Halliday
Atakayi

Cummings

Mixture of new players, youth, giving players game time and others a rest. Should be more than enough

I'd go:

Alnwick
Hodson Cardoso Martin John
Atakayi Barjonas Goss Murphy
Herrera Cummings

Would continue to play all the new players to get more match fitness. and rest certain players ahead of the weekend. I'd also like to see a few younger players get a chance.

Younger players are in Spain mate.

Cummings is nowhere near match fit, he was still puffing during the match interview ten minutes after full time in Dingwall, and he admitted himself he needs a bit of time to get his fitness up. Won't be starting games until mid February at the earliest I suspect.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Should be a comfortable victory if our attitude is right.. 3-0 victory will do just fine.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Martin, Goss, Murphy and Cummings all need game time and so should start tomorrow. Alnwick should get a start at this stage of the cup.

Hodson and John will likely be the full-backs and Cardoso should get a start alongside Martin (though the game will probably be more suited to Bates).

I'd give Holt a rest and start Barjonas alongside Goss.

Candeias (mainly to help Hodson!), Kranjcar and Murphy in front of those two.

Cummings up top for 60 minutes and then Herrera.

So:

Alnwick

Hodson
Cardoso
Martin
John

Goss
Barjonas

Candeias
Kranjcar
Murphy

Cummings

A boring, but comfortable, 2-0 win.

Here’s a name that’s popped into my head just now as I seen he was training with team today, Joe Dodoo, could be possibly partner Cummings up top tomorrow? Wouldn’t be surprised to see him perhaps get game time tomorrow

We shouldn't need our best team to beat non league opposition. Have a few match winners on the bench in case we struggle, but we are playing a team who are not much above junior level.

Alnwick

Hodson
Cardoso
Bates
John

Halliday
Holt
Barjonas

O'Halloran
Cummings
Murphy

If they are all still Rangers players!

Martin, Goss, Murphy and Cummings all need game time and so should start tomorrow. Alnwick should get a start at this stage of the cup.

Hodson and John will likely be the full-backs and Cardoso should get a start alongside Martin (though the game will probably be more suited to Bates).

I'd give Holt a rest and start Barjonas alongside Goss.

Candeias (mainly to help Hodson!), Kranjcar and Murphy in front of those two.

Cummings up top for 60 minutes and then Herrera.

So:

Alnwick

Hodson
Cardoso
Martin
John

Goss
Barjonas

Candeias
Kranjcar
Murphy

Cummings

A boring, but comfortable, 2-0 win.

Barjonas is currently in Spain with the rest of the youngsters so unlikely he will be playing.

Hopefully the fringe players who are given a chance don't treat this as a friendly. I would like to see a silly scoreline if possible.

A lot of people mentioning Serge Atakayi but pretty sure he's in Spain with the Development Squad at the moment.

Most of the new signings should all start to get more match fitness/get integrated into the team. Alnwick will likely get a start in goal. Hodson in for Tav. O'Halleran in for Candeias if he's needing rested.

Alnwick

Hodson; Martin; Bates; John

Holt; Goss

O'Halleran; Windass; Murphy

Cummings

Quite excited about this one. Would be good to see more of the new guys and see Cummings get in about the goals.

Most of the new signings should all start to get more match fitness/get integrated into the team. Alnwick will likely get a start in goal. Hodson in for Tav. O'Halleran in for Candeias if he's needing rested.

Alnwick

Hodson; Martin; Bates; John

Holt; Goss

O'Halleran; Windass; Murphy

Cummings

There's a suspicious amount of semi-colons in this post!!

These games are never great to watch on a tight pitch and with everyone of their players playing like it is the biggest match of their career.

Scrappy 2-0 win with Cummings scoring and hopefully Morelos

Mate is working up Aviemore today and he's just sent me a picture and there's quite a lot of snow lying on the ground.

Is there any chance this game could be in doubt again? Temperature isn't going above 2- today according to the forecast and more snow/sleet to come.

Mate is working up Aviemore today and he's just sent me a picture and there's quite a lot of snow lying on the ground.

Totally different weather scenario between Fraserburgh and Aviemore mate.

Aviemore sits at the foot of the Cairngorms and gets more than it's fair share of snow.
Fraserburgh is much further east and sits on the coast.

We're heading up at noon and the weather forecast looks ok.
[/QUOTE]

This game is a waste of time,especially in this weather.Dangers of injuries and no good for anyone apart from fraserburgh getting a bit of glory playing against the mighty.Total Scottish pish.
Get it over with rangers.

Back