Germany v Sweden

Talking of Best Goals Ever - that pisses all over Bales leg-throwing effort from the CL final. Don't even bother to contest my decision.

A German win with Sweden scoring will put nearly £300 in my pocket

giphy.gif

I think so.

That last minute goal for S Korea could come back to haunt Mexico next week.

I would be very surprised if Mexico don't beat Sweden, Mexico get to play to their strength on the counter attack but Sweden will need to play a style they are not used to and attack.

So if Sweden beat Mexico, and Germany beat SK, does it go to goal difference, as they all have each other on head to head.

1. Greatest number of points (each team gets three for a win and one for a draw).

2. Goal difference in all group matches.

3. Goals scored in all group matches.

And if two or more teams still are tied after that? We go to:

1. Greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned.

2. Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned.

3. Greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned.

4. Greater number of points obtained regarding fair play conduct (yellow cards = minus-1; indirect red card, as a result of a second yellow card = minus-3, direct red card = minus-4, yellow card and direct red = minus-5, with only one of the deductions applied to a player in a single game).

And if, by some quirk, there’s still a tie?

Then there will be a drawing of lots by FIFA’s Organizing Committee.

I thought the rest of the panel were going to lose it and all burst out laughing when Keane started on about Boeteng having 650 pairs of shoes.

1. Greatest number of points (each team gets three for a win and one for a draw).

1. Greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned.

2. Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned.

3. Greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned.

4. Greater number of points obtained regarding fair play conduct (yellow cards = minus-1; indirect red card, as a result of a second yellow card = minus-3, direct red card = minus-4, yellow card and direct red = minus-5, with only one of the deductions applied to a player in a single game).

Ma heid's buzzled wi' that!

Growing up watching championships over a lot of years they always seem to score a winner or equaliser at the death unbelievable again !!

Also "well we heard him (Boateng) say he's got 650 pairs of shoes so he's obviously not right upstairs anyway" - rest of the studio pissing themselves, Keane is deadly serious! I like him.
His book is brilliant, good pundit also

Was getting so sick of the commentator salivating over the prospect of Germany going out...going on and on about the reaction in their press blah blah.

He was more than salivating. His phrasing was as if it had already happened, and the match was over. "First time Germany have lost their opening 2 WC matches... ever!", etc. Completely amateur, but increased my enjoyment of the winning goal! :D

Keane is seriously difficult to dislike as a pundit.

Calls it as it is, no bullshit, no cliches just straight to the point.

As i said, for a mentally challenged he is brilliant.. A spade is a spade with him. No fucking messing. Probably the best pundit at the world cup.

If Germany drop ozil, gundogan, boateng & stop playing Werner as a striker then they can get in about this World Cup.

Brandt needs a start, as does goretzka

Brandt was excellent when he came on.

Neville called it perfectly at end. They have half a team playing a pep possession game and half a team wanting direct fast football. It’s a mess.

Wasn’t till the end the Kroos started missing out players in midfield and going wide first time. The difference it made in space was huge.

As i said, for a mentally challenged he is brilliant.. A spade is a spade with him. No fucking messing. Probably the best pundit at the world cup.

When the world was chastising France and Henry for the infamous handball incident versus ROI years ago, they asked Keane and his response was, "Why are the defenders letting the ball bounce in their own 6 yard box? Clear the ball and there's no discussion about a handball, simple."

As others have said, Keane is a moody bastard, but he calls it. His autobiography is well worth a read for anyone looking in.

I feel so sorry for Sweden; they deserved their point. Fair play to Germany for having the character to pull it out of the fire with ten men, but I'd have really enjoyed seeing them flop. However, they must be odds on to qualify now.

No idea which line it will go down to, but you just know Germany will have done enough to go through.

In the studio right after the whistle, before they cut for the first advert, Keane looked delighted. Not pals with the Martian?
I noticed that.
Mhad Rhoy seemed delighted that the result had upset Lharson.
No love lost there?

Last edited:
Back