Gerrard confirmed Morelos was penalty taker

TBH he should've taken responsibility as captain and stood up and took the pen with the day Morelos was having sadly i just can't see him doing it against them.

Gerrard covering Tavs arse.

Tav wouldnt have walked up and grab the ball if we wasnt on it.
It wasn’t only the pen miss that stopped us from winning we should have been two up at least at halftime, their keeper did a Goram on us the difference is the Goalie did it in nearly every match that lanky streak of pish had had his one in ten

This.
I suspect Tav was the designated taker and just didn’t fancy it, the gaffer might be protecting him to avoid a feeding frenzy from the mhedia.

the same week he’s branded a ‘serial loser’, he goes and goes something a ‘loser’ would do.

stereotypical ‘story writes itself’.

It wasn’t only the pen miss that stopped us from winning we should have been two up at least at halftime, their keeper did a Goram on us the difference is the Goalie did it in nearly every match that lanky streak of pish had had his one in ten

I'm aware of that.

Are you really that naive? I know you aren’t stupid because your posts are usually great, but SG was never going to throw him under the bus today. If Morelos was the appointed taker, he would have picked up the ball, especially if he was nearest to it. The habits of footballers are always a give away.

To be honest I hadn’t noticed Tavernier picking the ball up and handing it off to Morelos. It puts a bit more doubt in my mind, but ultimately it doesn’t prove anything and I’m not wholly comfortable with abusing the player under those circumstances.

People are saying Gerrard is protecting Tavernier, but at the same time isn’t he also hanging Morelos out to dry by saying that? Morelos is going to be ridiculed and berated by the media and our fans and lying for Tav isn’t going to help his striker much. But if Tav’s passed it over on the spur of the moment then that’s significant for Morelos too.

No hes doing what all good managers do and hes taken the flack for our captain who didnt fancy it.

Why did Tav walk up and grab the ball??
How do you know he wasn't asking Morelos if he was up for it?

Ready to step in if need be, like a captain would.

How do you know he wasn't asking Morelos if he was up for it?

Ready to step in if need be, like a captain would.

Because that's clearly not what happened.

I watched it in the stadium and watched the highlights.

I've said all I need to say on this thread, everyone will have their own opinions on it.

In my opinion Tav didnt fancy it.

Are you really that naive? I know you aren’t stupid because your posts are usually great, but SG was never going to throw him under the bus today. If Morelos was the appointed taker, he would have picked up the ball, especially if he was nearest to it. The habits of footballers are always a give away.

The biggest giveaway is who took the penalty mate.

Anything else is pure conjecture.

My opinion is, I don’t think Tav is a bad pen taker at all, and I’m sure the pressure put on him months ago, was also frustration towards his overall game and not just missed pens.
But my grumble is at changing it today.
My option is, Tav had been there and done more than anyone, and that should have continued in the massive game today.
I don’t disagree with a word you’re saying here.
My point is more to do with the two faced hypocrites who demanded his removal but now want to blame him for doing what they demanded of him in the first place.

And today should see Morelos removed as well

I have zero faith in him with penalties, he just doesn’t give confidence from a deal ball

I’d personally hand the duties to Barisic who can strike a ball clean and has accuracy from a dead ball

Replays don't show it but at the game Tav was first in the penalty box shouting for the ball. That's why he's the one who hands it to Morelos. Not sure why that would be the case if Morelos was on them.

Think Gerrard may be protecting Tav here.

100% spot on

And today should see Morelos removed as well

I have zero faith in him with penalties, he just doesn’t give confidence from a deal ball

I’d personally hand the duties to Barisic who can strike a ball clean and has accuracy from a dead ball

Absolutely - he lacks the composure required to be a good penalty taker - Alfie is all about explosiveness and instinct. If it's not Tav, it has to be Barisic.

Tavernier is a rangers captain he should of stood up and accepted responsibity for the pen as for gerrard saying he took the pens off tav

It's pretty sad to see folk making up scenarios in there head and calling Gerrard a liar just so they can have a go at Tav.

It's pretty sad to see folk making up scenarios in there head and calling Gerrard a liar just so they can have a go at Tav.
They are self loathers,no joy in their life unless they are making up stupid scenarios in their tiny minds.
As recently as Wednesday on here we had the same Tav hate gang telling us his EGO would not let anyone else hit a set piece,now they've done a full flip within a few days,nutters!

Tav takes it and misses - cue onslaught from absolutely everybody saying he's a shitebag, never a Rangers captain, should've been Morelos etc.

Morelos takes it and misses - Tav's a shitebag, never a Rangers captain, bottle merchant...

Can't win. Some guys just don't like him and never will.

Of all the games to change penalty taker we choose this one. Why? Honestly just why? If we wanted Tav off them it should've happened ages ago. Morelos was under far more pressure to score it than Tav would've.

I think the likelihood is that the penalty taker was changed after Tav missed the last one about 2 months ago. We've just not had a penalty since then.

Does that make sense to you?

of course it’s an assumption. Also, this is a forum, where people are allowed to have opinions - it doesn’t make them a throbber was believing what they seen to be true. (It’s also a forum that Tavernier will never see what’s said ffs)

just like you’re not a throbber for believing otherwise.

from what I seen, whether right or wrong, it appeared that Tavernier went to collect the ball to take the penalty and at the last minute, lumped the responsibility onto someone who wasn’t prepared for it.

I’m not alone in thinking that way either.

We’ll never know for sure, but imo, he didn’t fancy it.

a key moment in the game, and our captain let us down.

(Oh, and btw, I’m a Tavernier fan)

Can you explain why Morelos waited near the penalty spot then?

I think the likelihood is that the penalty taker was changed after Tav missed the last one about 2 months ago. We've just not had a penalty since then.

Does that make sense to you?

Can you explain why Morelos waited near the penalty spot then?

I could believe that if not for the way it unfolded in front of me. Tav picked the ball up and looked set to take it before handing it to Morelos.

Morelos was waiting about because he wanted to hit it, that doesn't mean he should have got it.

I could believe that if not for the way it unfolded in front of me. Tav picked the ball up and looked set to take it before handing it to Morelos.

Morelos was waiting about because he wanted to hit it, that doesn't mean he should have got it.

But he is the penalty taker as per the instructions of the manager.

Do you think Tav should overrule what the manager says?

Tav takes it and misses - cue onslaught from absolutely everybody saying he's a shitebag, never a Rangers captain, should've been Morelos etc.

Morelos takes it and misses - Tav's a shitebag, never a Rangers captain, bottle merchant...

Can't win. Some guys just don't like him and never will.
It's very very bizarre. It's one thing to be critical of a player when they make a mistake, another to have a mass pile on over every little thing they could have done better but to now actively bend over backwards to find a reason is odd in the extreme.

See also Goldson, a centre half, who is currently getting it in the neck for not scoring!

It's very very bizarre. It's one thing to be critical of a player when they make a mistake, another to have a mass pile on over every little thing they could have done better but to now actively bend over backwards to find a reason is odd in the extreme.

See also Goldson, a centre half, who is currently getting it in the neck for not scoring!

I think a lot of the frustration with Goldson is that he wins so many headers from corners but majority of them end up way over the bar.

Sorry guys but anyone of the 10 outfield players could have missed. It just wasn't our day.
We've all been there and without doubt will be there again, totally dominating them in the game and coming away with fukcen zilch.
Why waste time arguing who's taken the penalty, who's not.
Its done. We move on to Thursday. The game on the 29th at the Glitterdome can come quickly enough. W.A.T.P

Back