Gerrard got the subs wrong today

How in the world of %^*& Morelos stayed on is beyond me. How many misses and lack of edge was he prepared to accept?

That wasn’t mcgregor or Tav today with his silly foul. It was Morelos missing fucking sitters, and no-one is stepping up apart from lundstrum.

That was a 5-0 game today in the first 70 minutes.

We have nothing up front. Zero threat. We’ve been playing without a number 9 all season, it’s remarkable we’re too of the league without a striker.

But bringing on Davis was mental. He’s way to defensive at 1-0 and invites pressure.

How in the world of %^*& Morelos stayed on is beyond me. How many misses and lack of edge was he prepared to accept?

That wasn’t mcgregor or Tav today with his silly foul. It was Morelos missing fucking sitters, and no-one is stepping up apart from lundstrum.

We have nothing up front. Zero threat. We’ve been playing without a number 9 all season, it’s remarkable we’re too of the league without a striker.

But bringing on Davis was mental. He’s way to defensive at 1-0 and invites pressure.
Been a failing for a while.

Until we turn domination into goals, we will always have games ending like they did today.

Motherwell recently is another example, should have been home and hosed at half-time, same today .

Bacuna looks like a luxury player just now. Not someone you bring on to close out a 1-0 when the other team are just beginning to come into it.

It wasn’t a game for Bacuna. Hearts will be in your face, snapping into tackles and well out his comfort zone.
Baffling to say the least. Like most on here Morelos was very poor today.
And onwards we go….

Gerrard and the backroom team are culpable today, those substituons were rank rotten. Joe Aribo should never have come off.
Wright is nowhere near good enough for Rangers, too easily knocked off the ball and no real skill...which makes being replaced by an empty shirt all the more horrendous. If is see Bacuna in a Rangers shirt again I'll begin to seriously question SG.

The manager has no control over McGregor making an abject cvnt of things and selling the game but Alfie should have been warming the bench after 60 minutes, far too fuckin lazy today.

I'll leave the Goldson and Balogun for now...too fuckin annoyed to write anything else.

Morelos was having a shocker and should have been subbed. He takes off Aribo and Hagi who were both playing well and we lose control of the game.

It should have been Roofe and Sakala for Wright and Morelos. Clear as day
Couldn't agree with this more, was the first thing I said when I seen who was coming off

Hearts pushed right up to the halfway line in the second half and we had very little pace to take advantage. Sakala on for Morelos was the obvious switch for me.

Glad i'm not the only one who thought so.

Then again, it was pretty obvious we completely lost control after the double sub.

Hearts pushed right up to the halfway line in the second half and we had very little pace to take advantage. Sakala on for Morelos was the obvious switch for me.

I said on the match thread to take Alfie off asap, literally as I posted he pisses our remaining subs away.
Worrying that in his 4th season he’s still making these mistakes. He helped Hearts get back into the game today

Last edited:
Gerrard and the backroom team are culpable today, those substituons were rank rotten. Joe Aribo should never have come off.
Wright is nowhere near good enough for Rangers, too easily knocked off the ball and no real skill...which makes being replaced by an empty shirt all the more horrendous. If is see Bacuna in a Rangers shirt again I'll begin to seriously question SG.

The manager has no control over McGregor making an abject cvnt of things and selling the game but Alfie should have been warming the bench after 60 minutes, far too fuckin lazy today.

I'll leave the Goldson and Balogun for now...too fuckin annoyed to write anything else.
Look to the right of Goldson also for adding nothing to the team

Hagi & Aribo off were terrible decisions, both playing well and in both you have players who can do something further up the pitch and also work back, unfortunately bacuna offered nothing.

Couldn't understand bringing Wright off for Bacuna. Hearts defence didn't have to worry about anyone running at or in behind them after that, and it also took away Goldson's long diagonal. Understand Kent almost always plays the full 90 when fit but until he is, at least one of Wright or Sakala should be on the pitch.

If F
And kept Aribo on, McGregor made the mistake the manager changed the course of the game with his subs
It's the managers fault
If FF think it’s the manager’s fault it isn’t. So many experts

Anyhow off up to deck 16 for a few cocktails before dinner

He was asked about the subs at the press conference, said the McKay chance was due to Aribo pulling out of a tackle due to being on a yellow which made his mind up

Still think the sitter Alfie missed when Roofe was coming on made it a very easy decision to sub Alfie

Given the way Hearts play football and get so many goals from dead balls I would have thought that was there most likely way to equalising .
Pity we don’t have a strong reliable CD on the sub list as that could have been an option . In saying that we played our three options relatively early today and while the first sub was rather clear to most the double sub one was where there will be debate I think

Morelos was having a shocker and should have been subbed. He takes off Aribo and Hagi who were both playing well and we lose control of the game.

It’s all part of the master plan, just listen to Mick.

He was asked about the subs at the press conference, said the McKay chance was due to Aribo pulling out of a tackle due to being on a yellow which made his mind up

Still think the sitter Alfie missed when Roofe was coming on made it a very easy decision to sub Alfie
Was at the other end, where Aribo was causing them problems.

Done now .

Reactions: BWO
OP forgot the actual worse swop when Aribo went off......I think it's clear Alfie was left on to leave us with at least some pace......if he converts Roofe's cut back then bingo...Roofe isn't cutting it back to himself.

But I do think the first substitution had a big impact on things-the other swaps made sense also don't think Hagi was having a good game at all....

I've said it before. This garbage of bringing on players to try and see the last 10 minutes is horrendous. Ok people say game management but just about every game we are ahead in we are hanging on. Today caught up with us.
Agree, game management isn’t sitting back defending for the last 20 minutes of games to protect a one goal lead. Far too risky and paid for it today.

No issue with Roofe or even Becuna coming on and was fine with Wright coming off but I couldn’t believe it when Hagi and Aribo’s numbers went up in that double change. Our two most threatening players by a mile at that point in the game and neither looked tired. Strange one.

Got the starting lineup wrong,AGAIN.
:(

It certainly was strange 8 Joe was our only route to opening hearts up and we take him off unbelievable sub

Thought loads of key things we miss were clear when making changes

Height - brought on midgets
Pace - we have next to none
A player to hold and tidy up

Looked like we were trying to keep the ball
and make a few paces to see it out, Bacuna had a few killer balls

Absolutely. He also had little interest in motivating the players to go forward to get a second goal and ensure the win.

He and the players must have been the only people in the stadium surprised to see Hearts equalise.

If Defoe played the last 25mins we'd have won that today.

Sakala is raw and has weaknesses, but couple of things that he does have are pace and energy. Almost eveything today was in front of Hearts, even in the spell we were doing well - we should have been getting in behind them more.

In second half we could have done with his legs on as an out ball.

We will never get a better manager than him according to the midweek thread on here.

There is a sense of stubborness in the air, combined by his/the clubs indignation of the media "is being top of the league not good enough for you?" which is hypocritical in it's contrast to the values most fans hold.

The sub issues aren't anything new. Not a chance anyone can tell me Bacuna is anything more than an old pals act from Ross Wilson's previous outings, Sakala offers nothing like they clearly thought he would (especially when moving Defoe into his coaching role and letting Itten go)

Lundstram has now started to impress but signing the same type of midfielder as you already have to suit a stubborn system that doesn't often change lacks the vision and direction that many seem to think we already have.

You can blame Gerrard and the subs all you want but reality of all this is buff hadn't missed 2 glorious chances then we wouldn't be talking about this

It wasn’t a game for Bacuna. Hearts will be in your face, snapping into tackles and well out his comfort zone.
Baffling to say the least. Like most on here Morelos was very poor today.
And onwards we go….
Your comment about Hearts is fair, but that’s every team that plays us… up for it

Back