Gerrard post match interview

The team is unbalanced with no right sided midfielder. Everything goes through Kent who can’t do it by himself. That’s gerrards failings. Poor officiating contributes but a rangers team of old would blow teams away and not be saying it was the refs fault

Thought we were great with the ball , but without the ball they were carving us open far too easily , that's the price we paid today for not winning the ball back quicker.

Tim’s went top there was pressure to get the win to keep us on top and stay level on points with them When they win their game in hand and we bottled it

They havent played anyone in the top 6 except Dundee United.

We have had the 3rd and 4th best teams away from home and taken 4 points.

Let's see how it stands after a full round of fixtures before we compare.

The manager had a bad day today. The result is on him and our players. They let us down badly today.

Intensity was lacking from kick off. High press wasn’t there. Too many players made too many basic errors at key moments in the game.

The passive reaction of the players to Porteus and Hanlon smacking their mates in the chops was so disappointing. It told the Hibs players everything they needed to know about us.

SG didn’t react quickly enough to counter the changes Ross made after we went ahead. It allowed them back into the game - compounded by a couple of really bad misses by Kent and a shocker from Arfield.

The decision to switch out Hagi for Defoe was a stinker. The team lost balance and shape, and in Hagi, we lost a threat that had been working second half.

Nothing is decided in September, but the hardest thing about today is the underlying truth that you just don’t win tight championships turning in performances like t (and away at Livi). Some questions were posed of our players today. They didn’t have the answers. Same as they haven’t for the preceding two seasons.

The news about Roofe just compounds a shite day at the office.

When is the injuries we pick never not worse than initially feared? Scunnered.

He can only answer the questions asked. Our media team are shit. He can always say no comment but still get the point across.

q1. Where you disappointed the linesman never saw an offide?
q2. What was your view on leverage used on Helander for the 2nd?
q3. How is Ryans Ankle. That looked a nasty unwarranted scrape from behind, should be have been sent off?

SG does not need to bring these questions up. OUR media team is shit,

Apparently David Edgar asked him a question about the referee and the Morelos incident at Friday's press conference. Gerrard gave a "no comment" reply as you suggest. For some reason our media team seem to have edited this from the video they released.

Steven Gerrard will never call out poor officiating. It just is not the way he operates and it is deliberate.

And why should he?

It is the remit of referees and the SFA to ensure the game is as fair as it can be. Squealing like TLB and intimidation of officials by the Orcs who follow his bitter club is never going to happen. It's not who Steven Gerrard is and not who we are.

We can overcome this handicap only by becoming so good that bad officiating cannot touch us, but that would be a first in the wide world of sport.

We are being cheated. Direct your anger to the source, don't berate a man who is probably as frustrated as we are but, being relatively new to it, is not yet at the end of his tether in the way so many Bears are.

The only conclusion I've come to is that the only way to keep our support happy is to win 38 games out of 38. Simple really, cant believe we haven't thought of this sooner.
Do you think that would be enough?
Add the cups and a European trophy and it’d still be pandemonium any game we’re not 3 up in 10 mins.
There are a load of Uber- staunch spoiled brats on here and another group who think it’s clever to join in and keep winding it up for giggles.
Any genuine constructive debate is impossible on here when a result doesn’t go our way

Would not be devastated if we went out on Thursday.

We could do without Europe this season. Let that lot play catch up every Sunday.

Said this on another thread but the consequences of going out of Europe on Thursday will be massive and pretty much end any hope of winning the league.

One or two of Kent/Barisic/Morelos might have to go to plug the financial hit we’ll take and there would be no significant signings coming in the way either.

We really don’t have the luxury missing out on Europa group stage football, the days of us crashing out and then spending £10m on players like under Murray are gone. That income is vital now this season especially.

Apparently David Edgar asked him a question about the referee and the Morelos incident at Friday's press conference. Gerrard gave a "no comment" reply as you suggest. For some reason our media team seem to have edited this from the video they released.

we will never ever get things changed if this is true. We are our own worst enemy and yes the status quo will continue and we will be down trodden until we decide to fight back.

We should employ a media team that knows social media. Utilise this platform to show what we all know.

The game is a bogey since the ref strike of 2010.

A few clips of Mr Robertson past action would suffice.

Do you think that would be enough?
Add the cups and a European trophy and it’d still be pandemonium any game we’re not 3 up in 10 mins.
There are a load of Uber- staunch spoiled brats on here and another group who think it’s clever to join in and keep winding it up for giggles.
Any genuine constructive debate is impossible on here when a result doesn’t go our way
More accurate words have never been spoken

EL pays for that midfielder we so need
Maybe so, but given there’s a chance European campaigns could be curtailed due to Covid in various countries, then we can probably get away with not being in it this year.

What’s the use waiting to find out about signing what we need for the league purely due to Europe? We need midfielders for the here and now, not near the end of the window when we could struggle in games up til then.

Defensively we need to cut out the mistakes.
It’s pretty simple how we do that, but will he?
I said on another thread our defence was average in the grand scheme of things and was blasted for it. We do alright against weaker teams but our defenders are extremely fragile if you put pressure on them.

He said on Sky we have a Big Game on Thursday

that annoys me its like that's all that's in his head we had a bigger game today Steven and bottled it AGAIN
Would you rather he said I dont care what happens in our game on Thursday.

2-1 up important game and threw away the win. No?

I'm still struggling with the phrase. So does any game where a team drops any points mean they've bottled it? Does it only apply to Rangers? Did Celtic bottle it against Kilmarnock?

Can it not just be a tough away game against a decent side in good form, which yes we should've won but were denied by a goal which shouldn't have stood and a keeper making some great saves?

If ever there was a year to take a back seat from Europe this is it.

The revenue is way down on what it was due to no ticket sales and we have to stop them winning ht league.

I'm still struggling with the phrase. So does any game where a team drops any points mean they've bottled it? Does it only apply to Rangers? Did Celtic bottle it against Kilmarnock?

Can it not just be a tough away game against a decent side in good form, which yes we should've won but were denied by a goal which shouldn't have stood and a keeper making some great saves?
This, this and this again.
Don‘t forget the “mentality” thing as well.
It’s a nonsense.

If it happens again and again at critical times then I think it’s a fair criticism against the team.

Do they automatically just get the points for the games in hand they have? Is this a new rule i have missed?

Think they have a 45/1 record v Aberdeen so you can as good as say so.

Perhaps with a bit of luck the pressure of it being a game in hand will add a twist!

Think they have a 45/1 record v Aberdeen so you can as good as say so.

Perhaps with a bit of luck the pressure of it being a game in hand will add a twist!
Aberdeen were on a run and Motherwell have been woeful yet Moterwell tanked them away from home.
Anything can happen in football.

Steven Gerrard will never call out poor officiating. It just is not the way he operates and it is deliberate.

And why should he?

It is the remit of referees and the SFA to ensure the game is as fair as it can be. Squealing like TLB and intimidation of officials by the Orcs who follow his bitter club is never going to happen. It's not who Steven Gerrard is and not who we are.

We can overcome this handicap only by becoming so good that bad officiating cannot touch us, but that would be a first in the wide world of sport.

We are being cheated. Direct your anger to the source, don't berate a man who is probably as frustrated as we are but, being relatively new to it, is not yet at the end of his tether in the way so many Bears are.
Unfortunately some people, especially you get what they deserve.
Me, I just shake my head at attitudes like yours.

This, this and this again.
Don‘t forget the “mentality” thing as well.
It’s a nonsense.

Mentality is a clear problem.

The manager has hit on it in the past as well.

Weak minded, lack of leaders and a winning mentality.

...thought we had the mentality and the characters to sustain a push but on the evidence of the last four-five weeks I'm getting proven wrong.

We didnt win today but it wasn't because we lack bottle.

SG got his subs totally wrong and the balance of the team went to pot. Kent had an off day while Hagi was coming on to a game when he was subbed.

Then theres the missed chances, Goldsons brainfart & of course... the Ref

We need EL income to break even though.
The problem we have and it’s a big problem is that we either gamble and spend more than we have coming in to go for the league OR we loose the league by 8-10 points again.

of course they will drop points and we will as well but my issue is that when it really matters during games Gerrard gets it wrong time and time again!

Jack Ross out smarted him today! He made a simple switch to change the game to get back into it and the game could have went either way after that.

Now what did Gerrard do - he flung on Defoe and Itten and we lost all sense of shape and the game was done. You do know when super ally points out that u are out of shape tactically then your not doing something right!

By the way both goals were offside from them today, Hanlon and Porteous should have walked but we have played in this league long enough to know the game and we should have learned by now how to play it.

...thought we had the mentality and the characters to sustain a push but on the evidence of the last four-five weeks I'm getting proven wrong.

And yet every outfield player who that statement was aimed at started today?

Then we play the same players today (GK aside). Makes no sense at all.

Back