Gerrard post match

There’s not a lot he can do, he can’t lambast the players after every game.

The narrative on here is more concerning than the performance. He’s done exceptionally well since coming in with some great highlights - got us to the Europa league beating really good teams that we shouldn’t have beat (in all honesty) and beating the tims comfortably. We’ve improved significantly since the last two years where we’d be expecting a 4-5 goal thumping from Timothy.

What do you want to do? Sack him and overhaul the squad for the 3rd year in a row? It’s utter madness.

He clearly struggles against decent teams who sit in - we’ve seen better rangers teams do similar. It’s the old adage it’s easier to defend than score. And to be fair, some of the results this season have been significantly unlucky due to piss finishing and unreal refereeing decisions.

Folk need to get a grip on themselves and stick with it. He’s learning and needs a bit of time to sort it out.
Thank Fvck there’s someone with a bit of footballing sense on here.

I think the ones who want him gone are the ones that have possibly never kicked a ball in their life and know Fvck all about the game.

They just think every time you get a new manager he’s going to wave a magic wand and win you trebles. It’s just not going to happen.

At the start of the season our expectations were....

1. Finish 2nd and close the gap to 1st

2. Beat the tims

3. Hopefully win a cup

Currently we have done 1. On our way to finishing 2nd and closing the gap.

We also had a good run in Europe which not one of us expected.

A lot on here just don’t get the fact patience is required and that you can’t sack managers and start again every single season.

I for one am still fully behind our manager and fully believe he can deliver success.

At the start of the season our expectations were....

1. Finish 2nd and close the gap to 1st

2. Beat the Tims

3. Hopefully win a cup
Currently we have done 1. On our way to finishing 2nd and closing the gap.

We also had a good run in Europe which not one of us expected.
Europe was a bonus and is a big ✔️ in the credit column.

Beating Them was also a big ✔️ and, based on our form at the time, quite unexpected.

We won’t win a cup - definite cross in the debit column, perhaps more to do with our meek capitulation in both cups rather than not actually winning either of them.

As for the league, we finished 12 points off the top last season. If they win their game in hand they’ll be 10 ahead with every chance of stretching further ahead based in the form of both sides. The fact that this season they have lost their manager and last season was such a clusterfuck for us yet we may well see the gap increasing compared to last season is very, very concerning. However, the only thing we can do is back the current regime to get it right next season because there is literally no other option left.

Absolutely spot on. 2 wins in 14 vs Kilmarnock, Hibs and Aberdeen speaks volumes. Too many excuses being given for Gerrard - the fact is out the 11 players starting yesterday - 7 were his signings and 3 subs were his also.

Nail on head.

He’s been horrendous all in.

Hopefully the bipolar world of follow follow will be on a high again in a couple of weeks.

Keyboard warrior loyal - I bet some of the messages were pre typed before the game started.

Long way to go on the SG Express but I’m still hanging on!
Its now called Scotrail express, some times one turn ups and next time it doesnt appear

Not that interested in what Gerrard says.

It’s no wins in 4.

Needs to start winning matches again and that needs to start soon

Its now called Scotrail express, some times one turn ups and next time it doesnt appear
I agree with that, it’s a service with so much potential but in reality all new operators take time time to perform consistently.

Our gaffer has now had plenty of ups and downs in his 9 months of management. Surely he can only get better? I have every faith he will continue to improve our damaged club.

Unfortunately 1 thing he can’t improve is the standard of refereeing and mhedias perception of our club. Agenda driven at the highest of levels.
Fair refereeing would see us at least level with the peado protectors.

I agree with that, it’s a service with so much potential but in reality all new operators take time time to perform consistently.

Our gaffer has now had plenty of ups and downs in his 9 months of management. Surely he can only get better? I have every faith he will continue to improve our damaged club.

Unfortunately 1 thing he can’t improve is the standard of refereeing and mhedias perception of our club. Agenda driven at the highest of levels.
Fair refereeing would see us at least level with the peado protectors.
go out and hammer teams, refs then dont bother us.
At the moment we need to be winning by 2 or more goals, i dont trust refs or our team.

go out and hammer teams, refs then dont bother us.
At the moment we need to be winning by 2 or more goals, i dont trust refs or our team.
Totally agree, couple of early goals and we’ve all seen what happens. Any time we’ve failed to do that it’s been a struggle. This season we're a consistent match winner away from winning the league.

Zzzzzzzzz........

I’m genuinely worried . Love the man , but his heads gone .

Dare I say it some guidance from someone like Walter wouldn’t go amiss right now .
imagine Walter came to assist. the stuff dreams are made of but not realistic and will never happen.

Back