Gerrard's interview with Carragher

Disappointment/anger at the way he left, and thankfulness for last season and the European runs don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Last season was incredible and will possibly never be bettered from a league point of view. The European runs were amazing given where we'd been. And the club is so much healthier than when he arrived.

Equally he said things that he went back on, left us in the lurch at a big time, did poorly in cups, got stale and gave up.

Stevie G is a Stevie G man. Ultimately that worked for us for a period of time and that's basically that.

Well no team in history has ever won every single game so it probably seems about right that we occasionally drop points.
So it was too much to ask of Rangers to beat Aberdeen and St Johnstone at Ibrox in the cups after exiting Europe, yes?

Was the Hibs defeat at Hampden acceptable as well? Because it sure didn't feel like it judging by this forum

I think they were premature as well. I think its delusional to think we would have made up a 13 point defecit after losing at home to Hamilton however.
Delusional, can you remind me again how many old firm games they've won since then considering we were beaten by Hamilton.

Well no team in history has ever won every single game so it probably seems about right that we occasionally drop points.
If were being honest we won the league by such a difference is because they were a shitshow

We would've still won the league but not in the manner we did

Also is it too much to win a domestic cup in his tenure

Delusional, can you remind me again how many old firm games they've won since then considering we were beaten by Hamilton.
Why? What relevance is that when all, but 2 games, of our unbeaten run against them came from last season?

If were being honest we won the league by such a difference is because they were a shitshow

We would've still won the league but not in the manner we did

Also is it too much to win a domestic cup in his tenure
1318153663.jpg

Looks like a pretty important one to me.

Gerrard done a fantastic job giving us the most memorable title in many of our lifetimes aswell as giving us back respect in Europe and more importantly the much needed finances that go along with it.
The timing wasn't the best but in hindsight looks like being a massive blessing in disguise with Gio and his staff coming plus the nice added bonus of a compensation package from Villa. Things were starting to go a bit stale meaning worst case scenario we could've been looking at a parting of ways regardless but with a pay off going out the way as opposed to compo coming in.
As long as Gerrard continues to speak well of the club and fans then I'll wish him well in future and always be thankful for the job he done.

From today incase anyone missed it

Only watched first 4 mins about Rangers looks stage managed PR exercise.

Duno wat your implying but one title
In his time

People have short memories after we made a roger hunt of it in the second year he was getting calls for his head
From where we were before he came in we had absolutely no right to win the league within 3 years, let alone wipe the floor with them in the manner we did. The only reason you even had the expectation of us challenging for cups and league titles is because he came in and made us a force again.

From where we were before he came in we had absolutely no right to win the league within 3 years, let alone wipe the floor with them in the manner we did. The only reason you even had the expectation of us challenging for cups and league titles is because he came in and made us a force again.
And that was the point about the throbbers above. If we won cup doubles every year but got nowhere near 55, they'd be saying that doesn't mean anything. In short, they are miserable wankers who move the goalposts somewhere else on the field to continue being miserable wankers there.

He comes across as very arrogant when he talks as if he completed his remit. No humility when it comes to his poor record in the domestic cups. He delivered on most, but not all of what had been asked of him.

He’d be better saying nothing, no one benefits from a 4 minute interview, very much geared toward why he was right to leave us. The comment about doing what was right for him in the first time in his career. Right you are mate…

However, I’m past being bothered now. Whatever he does is no longer a concern to Rangers, and we just need to focus on us and what Gio does.

So we beat them so bad at the piggery it derailed their entire season? Come on now..
Yes it did,they had won 7 league games on the bounce up to that game at parkhead,that was a huge turning point in the season,they couldn't handle the pressure of chasing us as they'd never been in that position,we made them implode.

He's not come across well at all since leaving. I don't begrudge him a move to the epl. His leaving doesn't tarnish 55 at all for me. But his do I look happy nonsense, then leaving a few weeks later coupled with these sound bite interviews does him no favours. He comes across as lacking integrity. He'd be better off just talking about villa.

Last edited:
The signed sealed delivered in 2 days move to Villa for Gerrard plus 5 staff is an absolute lie, that could not have been done ffs it was not an Amazon Prime sale.
He prob gave his pal at Villa the nod weeks before and sneakily laid all the foundations then unbeknown to his then employers, that take slyness imo to new levels.

I’m not too bothered that he left or with the timing etc, it’s football and it happens. It’s easy to spout the loyal shite when nobody is in for you.

What does piss me off is his attitude this season. He had quite clearly lost the desire and I found that really disappointing from a professional point of view. I thought the club deserved a bit more respect than that. Looks now as if he was desperate to get out the door.

I didn’t like his comment today:

“I thought about myself for once”

As if he was doing us all a massive favour just by being here. The club took a massive chance on him and it’s got him a management job in the EPL.

Last edited:
Yes it did,they had won 7 league games on the bounce up to that game at parkhead,that was a huge turning point in the season,they couldn't handle the pressure of chasing us as they'd never been in that position,we made them implode.
They were literally in that position the season before after we beat them at Christmas, they then went on to go 13 points ahead of us. So that blows that theory right oot the window.

You seem to be parroting two of the comfort blanket quotes that Celtic fans are clinging on to.
Tbh, the only thing that tells us is that they get under your skin very easily. To the point where you can't see 1 in 9 is a shite record because "that's what Celtic fans said".

Tbh, the only thing that tells us is that they get under your skin very easily. To the point where you can't see 1 in 9 is a shite record because "that's what Celtic fans said".
Well they won 12/12 then tried to attack the manager and team responsible for most of it.

How much did you have on us to win a domestic treble or any of the competitions in his first season out of interest?

Some great memories thanks too Gerrard so I have no ill feelings towards him. Good luck to him going forward.
I think in time we will look back and feel he left at the right time for both us and himself- something has been missing this season and Gio will bring it back

Duno wat your implying but one title
In his time

People have short memories after we made a roger hunt of it in the second year he was getting calls for his head
Yes, by idiots. Probably the same idiots doing the jilted teenage lassie routine. If a manager is pish, we call for his head and move on. Not much loyalty in that is there? So we also need to accept if they're good then they might attract attention.

Another thing this is proving to me is that there is a significant element of our fanbase who simply will not be able to handle us as a selling club.

I’m not too bothered that he left or with the timing etc, it’s football and it happens. It’s easy to spout the loyal shite when nobody is in for you.

What does piss me off is his attitude this season. He had quite clearly lost the desire and I found that really disappointing from a professional point of view. I thought the club deserved a bit more respect than that. Looks now as if he was desperate to get out the door.

I didn’t like his comment today:

“I thought about myself for once”

As if he was doing us all a massive favour just by being here. The club took a massive chance on him and it’s got him a management job in the EPL.
If it goes well at villa I’m sure he’ll be thinking about himself for once again if he’s offered the chance to replace klopp in 2024.

Well they won 12/12 then tried to attack the manager and team responsible for most of it.

How much did you have on us to win a domestic treble or any of the competitions in his first season out of interest?
I gave him a free pass his first season but was expecting the league the 2nd season. Expected a treble last season as it went on but, well, the biggest teams in the league knocked us out.

Latest posts

Back