Glasgow tomorrow

The narrative is going along the lines of " It was JUST as bad as George Square" ..Bollox! The damage in George Square was some flower beds and benches and we as a support that have social media need to make sure ALL know the difference and we should also all be questioning Police Scotland and their two tiered policing of both sets of supporters .

For me the situation in George Square escalated due to the heavy handed approach from the Police and their riot shields and officers dressed in riot gear. At the weekend we again witnessed Police Scotland take a "softly softly approach" even though we know they attacked each other , attacked a merchant resident who caught them using their courtyard as a toilet, they again damaged the Mercat Cross listed building, spray painted Pro IRA slogans on walls of private flats,let off fireworks in to the crowd of their fellow supporters so.... ALL THAT is not the same as a few flower beds and some benches!
But this is the 2nd time they have did this comparing it to George Square has got absolutely nothing to do with anything they did to the City Centre this Weekend,let’s not forget Police Scotland where forewarned about this and did nothing.

But this is the 2nd time they have did this comparing it to George Square has got absolutely nothing to do with anything they did to the City Centre this Weekend,let’s not forget Police Scotland where forewarned about this and did nothing.
Why are you telling me this? I know its the second time they have behaved like animals after " celebrating" them winning the title. I am saying this is what the media are doing, they are spinning it as "just the same as George Square"..It's not..its of course worse!

In some ways it's actually the 3rd time. They were all round the cross in 2019 for that open top celebration after winning the cup. They were so out of order the route was cancelled or severely shortened.

Walking back from the pro14 final along with thousands of others it was as bad as Saturday night. Beruit looked better that night.

Working in our high street office this week. The entire area, and I mean Argyle St, High St, merchant city stinks of pish, the pavements are rank - the whole area needs a deep clean big style. Why the hell do we have to put up with this? Just back from a weekend in London and the place was clean and tidy and it has to deal with millions of folk every day, not just a couple of thousand pished scum fans

Why are you telling me this? I know its the second time they have behaved like animals after " celebrating" them winning the title. I am saying this is what the media are doing, they are spinning it as "just the same as George Square"..It's not..its of course worse!
No need to be defensive of course it’s worse when Police Scotland where warned about and did nothing also no condemnation from any of the Mock George Square outragers.

Media turning a blind eye as they know if they win then Saturday the same ,then stories will leak and it will be "Clamp down for next season's winners"

I see that the first (paedophile cover up) minister yousless has mysteriously said nothing about the mentally challengeds rioting on Saturday.

Shockerooney. :eek:

Media turning a blind eye as they know if they win then Saturday the same ,then stories will leak and it will be "Clamp down for next season's winners"

If we win the league next season, I can't see their being the same appetite for celebrating like we did when we won 55, as that was a special moment in history. I could see the Union Bears and such putting on a peaceful display somewhere, but nowhere near the level of celebrations we witnessed during 55.

If they win it, even though they have won the league almost every year for the best part of a decade, they will continue with their "celebrations". Like I said before, they are feral mob that has got away with so much over the past years, that they don't know how to control themselves.

If we win the league next season, I can't see their being the same appetite for celebrating like we did when we won 55, as that was a special moment in history. I could see the Union Bears and such putting on a peaceful display somewhere, but nowhere near the level of celebrations we witnessed during 55.

If they win it, even though they have won the league almost every year for the best part of a decade, they will continue with their "celebrations". Like I said before, they are feral mob that has got away with so much over the past years, that they don't know how to control themselves.
Would just love a sea of red white and blue and Ibrox opened up to see the team back (if title won away) then party time in our pubs.

The Mercat Cross Building at Glasgow Cross, which they keep wrecking, has Listed status. Yet not a word of condemnation from the City Chambers.

The narrative is going along the lines of " It was JUST as bad as George Square" ..Bollox! The damage in George Square was some flower beds and benches and we as a support that have social media need to make sure ALL know the difference and we should also all be questioning Police Scotland and their two tiered policing of both sets of supporters .

For me the situation in George Square escalated due to the heavy handed approach from the Police and their riot shields and officers dressed in riot gear. At the weekend we again witnessed Police Scotland take a "softly softly approach" even though we know they attacked each other , attacked a merchant resident who caught them using their courtyard as a toilet, they again damaged the Mercat Cross listed building, spray painted Pro IRA slogans on walls of private flats,let off fireworks in to the crowd of their fellow supporters so.... ALL THAT is not the same as a few flower beds and some benches!
I can't think of many times Police Scotland have been on the streets in full riot gear!!
Also it must have been pre-planned all very sinister.

When they get the treble on Saturday you can bet the same scenes will happen all over again

Useless and the usual Rangers hating crew have said nothing. No condemnation or demanding an apology by Bheast FC and saying they could have done more to prevent this happening

When it happens this weekend they cannot have the audacity to ignore wilful violence and disruption within the city centre but we know there is one rule for us and they get away with this shit with hardly any negative publicity

When they get the treble on Saturday you can bet the same scenes will happen all over again

Useless and the usual Rangers hating crew have said nothing. No condemnation or demanding an apology by Bheast FC and saying they could have done more to prevent this happening

When it happens this weekend they cannot have the audacity to ignore wilful violence and disruption within the city centre but we know there is one rule for us and they get away with this shit with hardly any negative publicity
This is why we all should be voicing our opinions all over social media and to our own MP's MSP's and the Justice Secretary and shadow Justice Secretary. Id even post all complaints to online to
@CllrTKerr and ask him to question;
1. Why Police Scotland have policed Celtic fans in the Merchant city on Saturday differently to Rangers fans and George Square

2. Why are GCC SNP councillors silent on the outrageously violent behaviour of Celtic fans and their wanton destruction of both Council & private property including the Historic Scotland Mercat Cross building again

3. The assurance that they will not be allowed this weekend to take over this section of the city again to terrorise residents and citizens and tourists who are within this area.

Last edited:
I can't think of many times Police Scotland have been on the streets in full riot gear!!
As soon as i seen them rolling up about 4.30 with their riot gear I knew what the outcome was going to be as orders had to come from above. My assumption is that they either learned their lesson from George Square or we are policed on a different level. I think the latter is more likely to be closer to the truth.

As soon as i seen them rolling up about 4.30 with their riot gear I knew what the outcome was going to be as orders had to come from above. My assumption is that they either learned their lesson from George Square or we are policed on a different level. I think the latter is more likely to be closer to the truth.
So do I and, its the question that we ALL should be asking on Social media towards the Justice Secretary,shadow Justice Secretary and to Russell Findlay

@AConstance23 Secretary for Justice

@jamiegreeneUK Shadow Justice Secretary

@RussellFindlay1 Shadow community safety & Criminal justice committee deputy convener

They assaulted police officers on Saturday & a resident in the Merchant City ,let off fireworks in to a group of their own fans and fought running battles and fought with each other & attacked each other.

Why did Police Scotland not police Celtic fans on Saturday in the same manner as they did Rangers fans in George Square ?

Why did Police take the decision to escalate to riot officers in George Square but ,let the violence and mayhem and public disorder in Merchant City continue for hours putting the residents of the Merchant City and public's safety at risk?

If we do not ask these questions, nobody else will?

Last edited:

On the George Square "damage" caused by Rangers fans on a Saturday.

Wasn't there another crowd gathered on the Sunday, standing on the same benches, flower beds and statues?

I want to say it was a religious gathering, but not 100% sure.

All damage in Trongate was 100% Celtc fans.

Wasn't there another crowd gathered on the Sunday, standing on the same benches, flower beds and statues?

You are correct, there was a pro Palestinian protest and I remember you could clearly see them all jumping on benches and climbing on statues and wait for it....plants!!

12612269.jpg

Last edited:
So do I and its the question that we ALL should be asking on Social media towards the Justice Secretary,shadow Justice Secretary and to Russell Findlay

@RussellFindlay1 Shadow community safety & Criminal justice committee deputy convener

They assaulted police officers on Saturday & a resident in the merchant City let off fireworks in to a group of their own fans and fought running battles and fought with each other & attacked each other.

Why did Police Scotland not police Celtic fans in the same manner as they did Rangers fans in George Square ?

Why did Police take the decision to escalate to riot officers in George Square but ,let the violence and mayhem and public disorder in Merchant City continue for hours putting the residents of the Merchant City and public's safety at risk?
It's a politicised police force now, like it or lump it. The CC will have his orders from SNPIRA.
There's really no explanation for the difference in treatment of 2 sets of fans otherwise. One has the full riot brigade. The other parties long into the evening unchallenged.

I would also think the latter ..

It was some free Palestine protest

Were they in the gear when Loyalists blocked the IRA parade in Govan and it kicked off? No doubt who ran the show that night.

bit of a surpise that it was mentioned on the bbc scotland news there. as far as the bbc go, it was actually fairhanded. ( i repeat, for them! )

but yeh, expect the "future" celebrations to be banned if we win, and due to the pressure of work/budget/climate crisis any deadline extended if they win again.

It's a politicised police force now, like it or lump it. The CC will have his orders from SNPIRA.
There's really no explanation for the difference in treatment of 2 sets of fans otherwise. One has the full riot brigade. The other parties long into the evening unchallenged.
I don't like it and I'm not willing to lump it either and neither should anyone else!

I don't like it and I'm not willing to lump it either and neither should anyone else!
Unless the SNPIRA are voted out of office, I don't see it changing soon.
Unionism is too stupid to tactical vote imo.
The Lib Dem candidate up our way lost by a couple of hundred votes to a mentally challenged nat. Yet the conservatives had thousands of "wasted" votes.
Happens everywhere, allowing the nat zoomers in.

Were they in the gear when Loyalists blocked the IRA parade in Govan and it kicked off? No doubt who ran the show that night.
They had helmets and Shields not sure if full body armour.
Just shows you that Police Scotland operational decisions are politically motivated!!

In some ways it's actually the 3rd time. They were all round the cross in 2019 for that open top celebration after winning the cup. They were so out of order the route was cancelled or severely shortened.

Walking back from the pro14 final along with thousands of others it was as bad as Saturday night. Beruit looked better that night.
They are untouchable in the eyes of the Police and authorities in Scotland, running scared of any anti Irish sentiment if they get pulled up for anything.

Unless the SNPIRA are voted out of office, I don't see it changing soon.
Unionism is too stupid to tactical vote imo.
The Lib Dem candidate up our way lost by a couple of hundred votes to a mentally challenged nat. Yet the conservatives had thousands of "wasted" votes.
Happens everywhere, allowing the nat zoomers in.
Sadly that is very true.

So do I and, its the question that we ALL should be asking on Social media towards the Justice Secretary,shadow Justice Secretary and to Russell Findlay

They assaulted police officers on Saturday & a resident in the Merchant City ,let off fireworks in to a group of their own fans and fought running battles and fought with each other & attacked each other.

Why did Police Scotland not police Celtic fans on Saturday in the same manner as they did Rangers fans in George Square ?

If we do not ask these questions, nobody else will?
I am bumping my own post because after this total bullshit comment from Humza its even more important that their thuggery is not allowed to just be put down to a "small minority" of scum fans and this whole episode allowed to just be again swept under the carpet!

The FM of this country has defined their behaviour on Saturday as just " anti social" ! No, try thuggery and sectarianism and violent disorder and also, remember some have been arrested for assaulting the police so, assaulting the police for the FM, is minor anti social behaviour?

Last edited:
Back