Glen Middleton back training with the squad

Gers55

Just looking through the training pics for the Old Firm prep and Glen is back training. Is he back permanently now?

After watching Hibs last Friday night, I can't believe they thought he wasn't good enough for them.

He needs regular football, so another loan must be getting lined up.

Gerrard is not going to send Ojo back.

Liverpool wouldn’t trust him with development of their assets again.
Considering they got 7 million from us for one of the players they loaned to us im sure they would.

They should stop sending us players terrified of pressure as well if they dont want them sent back

He couldn't get a game for a poor Hibs team. He is obviously not ready yet. Another loan would be best.
A loan player from us is going to get thrown under the bus by a club like Hibs before their own players. I'll take more from what he showed us last year, making a impact against teams like Villareal and Spartak Moscow away than what he did at Hibs for a few months

A loan player from us is going to get thrown under the bus by a club like Hibs before their own players. I'll take more from what he showed us last year, making a impact against teams like Villareal and Spartak Moscow away than what he did at Hibs for a few months
If he was good enough he would have played more. Managers don't have agenda against loan players they want to pick the best team to win.

Ejaria went back early

Ejaria approached Gerrard and told him he was homesick and not settling.

Gerrard agreed then to send him back.

Very, very different to phone Liverpool and telling them Ojo is on a train back down the road.

It won’t happen, so people need to stop wasting time debating the merits of it.

Let's face facts.
The boy is not going to make it with us.
Not because he is a bad player......because he is not and will not be up to the gaffes standard.
If he cant get into that hivs team it does not bode well for him with us.
The gaffer wants better than our current 1st 11 if any player is to have a future with us.
That goes for Doc and Ross M as well.

Last edited:
I'd prefer we focused on Kennedy and McPake than Middleton.
McPake is out on loan for the season though idk if he's going to get sent back and Kennedy is 17. Middleton is a couple years older and ahead of him in his development, should be given the rest of the season to prove if he has anything to offer the club and if not then we start talking about those two getting opportunities

I don’t believe for one minute that Hibs have had better players. Ultimately it was a mistake him going there and it should be a lesson learned from the club that we’ll only do business with the spoon burners in the future if it’s a permanent deal.

He couldn't get a game for a poor Hibs team. He is obviously not ready yet. Another loan would be best.
That's not necessarily true though is it? There is the possibility that Hibs just weren't playing him - not because he wasn't good enough. Any time I've seen Hibs play I've seen little to suggest they have better players that Middleton.

I'd rather he was either back with us or off on loan to a team that actually might benefit him.

Let's face facts.
The boy is not going to make it with us.
Not because he is a bad player......because he is not and will not be up to the gaffes standard.
If he cant get into that hivs team it does not bode well for him with us.
The gaffer wants better than our current 1st 11 if ant player is to have a future with us.
That goes for Doc and Ross M as well.
Glen Kamara couldnt get into Colchester's side on loan just 3 years ago, Kent had back to back poor loans at Freiburg and Bristol City, Tav was loaned out 6 times before a club decided to buy him from Newcastle

Just because you had one loan that didn't go as well as hoped doesn't mean they'll never be good enough for the club

That's one way to look at it, another is that Liverpool will be thankfully for finding out if one of their players can play under immense pressure.

Reactions: LD5
McPake is out on loan for the season though idk if he's going to get sent back and Kennedy is 17. Middleton is a couple years older and ahead of him in his development, should be given the rest of the season to prove if he has anything to offer the club and if not then we start talking about those two getting opportunities

What I'm saying is I don't see Middleton getting minutes just now to develop him when he will just end up blocking the path of, imo, better prospects.

Yip. I mean you just need to look at the way you're speaking about Ojo on this thread as an example of that.

What I'm saying is I don't see Middleton getting minutes just now to develop him when he will just end up blocking the path of, imo, better prospects.
Guess that's where we will just have to agree to disagree. I still think Middleton has a good amount of potential and one injury to Kent or Aribo sees his opportunities become far more regularly

Guess that's where we will just have to agree to disagree. I still think Middleton has a good amount of potential and one injury to Kent or Aribo sees his opportunities become far more regularly

Yeah that's fair enough mate.

I think Middleton is a decent player but I'm quite excited by the crop of youths coming through behind him and I'd be focussing on those guys.

dunno if true but the story go todover xmas was that gerrard had a team lined up for him in spain but he didnt want to go anywhere elsee other than hib or hearts as he got lady's front bottom struck by some bird from edinburgh

Yip. I mean you just need to look at the way you're speaking about Ojo on this thread as an example of that.
Ojo has looked nothing like the player he was at the start of the season, this has been going on for 2-3 months now with him with very little hope of him going back to the level of performances he had in the European qualifiers. If Middleton got the same amount of opportunities that Ojo has gotten and been poor with them then you could have zero complaints with them dropping him or saying he's a easy casualty, he's not though Middleton's played 8 matches and hasn't played since the end of October

Glen Kamara couldnt get into Colchester's side on loan just 3 years ago, Kent had back to back poor loans at Freiburg and Bristol City, Tav was loaned out 6 times before a club decided to buy him from Newcastle

Just because you had one loan that didn't go as well as hoped doesn't mean they'll never be good enough for the club
Fair points but we are Rangers.
No player of ours will go out on loan 6 times.
We don't have the time or patience for this type oif development.
I agree loans can be good, to see if they can play against full professionals every week but if they cant after max 2 loans I am sure they will be moved on.
As I said, time to face facts.

After watching Hibs last Friday night, I can't believe they thought he wasn't good enough for them.

He needs regular football, so another loan must be getting lined up.

Martin Boyle and him down the wings would be very good for them IMO. I think it's a case of Hibs going for the usual Scottish option of brute strength and power.

i think Liverpool wouldn't be as silly to assume things are as clear cut as that. they made £7m off us with Kent and seen how well we developed him.

Ojo has looked nothing like the player he was at the start of the season, this has been going on for 2-3 months now with him with very little hope of him going back to the level of performances he had in the European qualifiers. If Middleton got the same amount of opportunities that Ojo has gotten and been poor with them then you could have zero complaints with them dropping him or saying he's a easy casualty, he's not though Middleton's played 8 matches and hasn't played since the end of October
He's fallen out of form and had the confidence sucked right out of him by sections of our support who accuse him of things like being a shitebag or not able to handle pressure.

I'd prefer we focused on Kennedy and McPake than Middleton.

McPake, obviously, is younger than Middleton. Worth noting though that Josh has amassed the grand total of 50 minutes playing time for a poor Dundee team, at a lower level, in the last 3 months. In fact, 231 minutes in the League all season, not even the equivalent of 3 full games.

People seem to forget how well he did last season and the goals he scored. He's an injection of energy and hes strong and has balls. Good option to have on the bench. I'd have him before ojo or Barker any day of the week!

you say " asset " like Ojo has a chance to play for Liverpool whilst he can't hold down a starting place for us

See this is bollocks. Scotland and rangers don’t get the players that Liverpool rate and see a future for. That’s the Harry Wilson’s of the world. We get the blokes they want to make a few bucks on, knowing they will never be first team players. So if they are not doing well enough, then that is their fault.

To be fair loan players always will be a huge gamble. For every Kent, Defoe or Weiss we have a Rotthen, Dalcio or Nemane! That’s the beauty is if they work out then we get a great player on loan to either buy outright or help us in the league. If they flop then we send them away with very little outlay. Can’t win them all but I wouldn’t change our approach to the loan market (other than they should not be keeping our own boys out the team if there not up to scratch!).

He's fallen out of form and had the confidence sucked right out of him by sections of our support who accuse him of things like being a shitebag or not able to handle pressure.
The longer he's been here the worse he has gotten. Whether that's him not being able to handle the pressure, not having the confidence in his own ability or whatever reason it is, he's been poor and looks poor almost every time he gets on the pitch now you would't see a players performances get worse and worse as the season went on if they could handle the demands of playing for us, we're in December now, this isn't him being poor for 3 or 4 games and getting abuse for it, that would be too soon, this is him being poor for almost 3 months now, this criticism of him as a player is warranted

I’d doubt he’ll see much game time between now and the end of the season but I’d rather that than with those cnuts.

you say " asset " like Ojo has a chance to play for Liverpool whilst he can't hold down a starting place for us
Exactly, despite playing a very similar system to Liverpool we're not getting their top youngsters, we're getting the tier below, while clubs like Derby are getting their best youngsters. We got lucky that Kent was able to pick himself up after two poor loans in a row and show his potential because the other two loans from Liverpool really haven't worked out

Hibs have done their best to ruin Middleton. It was a bad choice on the lads part. It was a bad choice on the clubs part dealing with the Spoon Burners.

The longer he's been here the worse he has gotten. Whether that's him not being able to handle the pressure, not having the confidence in his own ability or whatever reason it is, he's been poor and looks poor almost every time he gets on the pitch now you would't see a players performances get worse and worse as the season went on if they could handle the demands of playing for us, we're in December now, this isn't him being poor for 3 or 4 games and getting abuse for it, that would be too soon, this is him being poor for almost 3 months now, this criticism of him as a player is warranted
We haven't got the time to baby sit him or anyone we need to win so we need men on the pitch. That's just how it is. I agree, he had his chance and he couldn't deal with the pressure so we need to play someone who can.

Back