Glen Middleton back training with the squad

See this is bollocks. Scotland and rangers don’t get the players that Liverpool rate and see a future for. That’s the Harry Wilson’s of the world. We get the blokes they want to make a few bucks on, knowing they will never be first team players. So if they are not doing well enough, then that is their fault.

And?

That’s sadly life. It’s where we are in the food chain.

bollocks.

played a huge part in our Euro run last year.

he was homesick.
Homesick ffs! What age is he 15??? People were in the trenches at 17! That's the problem with people like Ojo and Ejaria they're more boy than man. We need men on the pitch especially in this shite league.

Another loan is pretty certain. He needs games to develop rather than a few minutes here and there.

The McCrorie lads are home grown in Europe. We currently only have one of four (McGregor) home grown players.. If Fod goes I can see us using Robby as backup. I don't see us recalling Ross but he would be able to cover for various positions, especially with the likes of King, Docherty, and Polster likely to exit.

Homesick then went to a club that is a longer drive away from Liverpool.
Bit like Arteta was homesick.
I tend to agree that "homesick" was an excuse and most likely due to not fancying Scottish football/footballers following being deliberately injured by a fellow "professional".

However I must point out that your Reading argument does not hold water as he is from London not Liverpool.

Needs another loan probably. I like the player and think he’s got the potential to play through the middle also as he’s a good finisher.

McPake, obviously, is younger than Middleton. Worth noting though that Josh has amassed the grand total of 50 minutes playing time for a poor Dundee team, at a lower level, in the last 3 months. In fact, 231 minutes in the League all season, not even the equivalent of 3 full games.

As I've said in later posts, I see developing them as more beneficial than Middleton therefore I wouldn't want Middleton to be blocking their route as I consider them better prospects.

The longer he's been here the worse he has gotten. Whether that's him not being able to handle the pressure, not having the confidence in his own ability or whatever reason it is, he's been poor and looks poor almost every time he gets on the pitch now you would't see a players performances get worse and worse as the season went on if they could handle the demands of playing for us, we're in December now, this isn't him being poor for 3 or 4 games and getting abuse for it, that would be too soon, this is him being poor for almost 3 months now, this criticism of him as a player is warranted
It really isn't. The abuse he takes at the games is a disgrace.

As I've said in later posts, I see developing them as more beneficial than Middleton therefore I wouldn't want Middleton to be blocking their route as I consider them better prospects.

Middleton showed us in the first few months of last season that he is miles ahead of McPake in development. His form dipped, as you'd expect with any young player, and then - as per normal at Ibrox - the fans started getting on his case and his confidence went. He's shown, albeit briefly, that he can mix it with the 'big boys'. McPake hasn't - yet. Kennedy is even further back. I won't be writing off any of them anytime soon.

Middleton showed us in the first few months of last season that he is miles ahead of McPake in development. His form dipped, as you'd expect with any young player, and then - as per normal at Ibrox - the fans started getting on his case and his confidence went. He's shown, albeit briefly, that he can mix it with the 'big boys'. McPake hasn't - yet. Kennedy is even further back. I won't be writing off any of them anytime soon.

Of course Middleton is miles ahead of McPake in development at the moment but, in my opinion, both McPake and even more so Kennedy are huge prospects and have a far greater ceiling of how good they could be. That whole crop of youngsters is very exciting.

He picked the wrong club for his loan. He was advised by SG to go elsewhere but choose poorly. New club and loan deal to build on his talents.

Actually quite a fan of Middleton but I suspect he's probably not at the level we need. File alongside Docherty and Halliday for me.
File a 19 year old alongside say a 24 and 27 year old , FFS Alfie hadnt made it a club the size of Rangers by 19 .

you say " asset " like Ojo has a chance to play for Liverpool whilst he can't hold down a starting place for us

But they do have a good business model of selling on players , who won't make it , at Premier League prices. They will want to protect that.

Glen Kamara couldnt get into Colchester's side on loan just 3 years ago, Kent had back to back poor loans at Freiburg and Bristol City, Tav was loaned out 6 times before a club decided to buy him from Newcastle

Just because you had one loan that didn't go as well as hoped doesn't mean they'll never be good enough for the club
The voice of sanity.

He picked the wrong club for his loan. He was advised by SG to go elsewhere but choose poorly. New club and loan deal to build on his talents.

We wanted him to go to Belgium , if I remember correctly. Perhaps he will listen to Gerrard this time. He is decent and still a prospect but has to chose carefully, he has potential but we have all seen boys with that not fulfil it.

Glen Kamara couldnt get into Colchester's side on loan just 3 years ago, Kent had back to back poor loans at Freiburg and Bristol City, Tav was loaned out 6 times before a club decided to buy him from Newcastle

Just because you had one loan that didn't go as well as hoped doesn't mean they'll never be good enough for the club

Holy moly a sensible post

We wanted him to go to Belgium , if I remember correctly. Perhaps he will listen to Gerrard this time. He is decent and still a prospect but has to chose carefully, he has potential but we have all seen boys with that not fulfil it.
Gerrard wanted him to go to Breda in the 2nd division of Holland. I dont blame Middleton for wanting to play at a higher level at home, Hastie had the chance to go to Zurich though and chose to go down south which is more frustrating

Middleton, Docherty etc need game time and it has to be at a decent level. Otherwise it’s difficult to see how they will break into the match day 18.

Gerrard is not going to send Ojo back.

Liverpool wouldn’t trust him with development of their assets again.

He will only return to Liverpool if he begs to be let go. Like Ejaria did.

Still think he is a better option than Barker - as is Middleton. Cannot get my head around letting Middleton go and then signing Barker.

He will only return to Liverpool if he begs to be let go. Like Ejaria did.

Still think he is a better option than Barker - as is Middleton. Cannot get my head around letting Middleton go and then signing Barker.

Barker was signed on the premise of not landing Kent.

Imagine that? :-0

No they're not. The same nuggets were asking what Aribo offers us until a few weeks ago.

They'd be better served taking a wee step back and just letting the players settle and find their form. But I guess that's less fun and people need a target now they've moved on from Borna.
I get that. I got banned on here for defending Borna months ago. You said he's lost form because of fans saying he can't handle the pressure. Which seeks to suggest he can't handle the pressure if it's making him lose form?

He's had plenty of chances and time and he's not not cutting it. How many chances should we give him? We should be developing our own players instead.

Trenches were WW1. Life has moved in but the fact that Rangers need men on the pitch and not man child's hasn't. He's had plenty of chances. We haven't gotta time to baby sit him. We need to win.

Best tell this lad he’s imagining things.

He’s not as good as we had hoped, or as bad as made out on here.

Happened with Ejaria

Loan deals are 2 way. The loaning club finds out more about the players loaned out. The Liverpool coaches will have watched him play. They will have a view on his contribution and whether or not he deserved more minutes.

Best tell this lad he’s imagining things.

He’s not as good as we had hoped, or as bad as made out on here.
WW1 was trench warfare. A static trench war. Not WW2 but that's not the point -) the point is that we can't afford to be carrying anyone and if Ojo can't take the pressure of the numpties amongst our support then he's at the wrong club. We need people who can do it now and any minutes given to developing players should be given to our own.

Can't believe there are folk suggesting we recall Middleton, who couldn't get a game at a struggling Hibs side, to play ahead of Ojo.

Absolutely insanity.
Why should ojo play ahead of Middleton? Can you give me one reason?

Glenn done more on the pitch than he has. Nothing insane about it nothing to do with Hibs either. Shouldn't even be there none of our players should be anywhere near that rancid club.

Good! Glad he's out of that shithole and back at Ibrox. The much talked about "spl experience" never materialized so he's better off training at Auchenhowie

Ejaria approached Gerrard and told him he was homesick and not settling.

Gerrard agreed then to send him back.

Very, very different to phone Liverpool and telling them Ojo is on a train back down the road.

It won’t happen, so people need to stop wasting time debating the merits of it.
What road does that train run on?
Be a nightmare at roundabouts!

Ojo is vastly superior to Middleton. He's just absolutely bereft of confidence, most likely because he's getting abuse from the stands from the moment he approaches the touchline to come on
Talent counts for nothing if you don't have the mentality to see it through. To face his fears and trials and over come them and use it, instead he gets overcome by it. At least Glenn has balls and is aggressive and brave on the ball and doesn't hide like Ojo does because his feelings got hurt.

Back