Glen Middleton back training with the squad

Gerrard is not going to send Ojo back.

Liverpool wouldn’t trust him with development of their assets again.

I’m sure Liverpool understand that not every player has the mentality and ability needed. Ojo has had chances with several clubs now and not taken any of them, Gerrard will give them some honest feedback and they won’t hold it against him

Maybe they should start sending decent assets to us then instead of to teams in the Championship.
Liverpool were happy for Wilson to come but he chose not too cause he didn't want too. The problem is not Liverpool or upsetting them it's continually playing players that aren't cutting it. If he can't handle the fans surely that's his problem? People blaming fans is nonsense. It is what it is it's up to him to prove them wrong instead of falling apart. Liverpool fans are no different.

:D

Life has moved on a bit since 1940.
Could quite easily fit today. 18 year olds going off to foreign lands to kill folk and be shot at on a 6 month tour. Yet a lad cant head a couple of hundred miles up the road, in what is essentially only a 3 or 4 hr drive cause he's homesick. Bollocks, the lad was a pussy with no heart for a domestic battle.

Going to throw a spanner in the works and say maybe our management team have their own plans for our own players development.

He should have went to Holland as he was supposed to be lined up for. Breda maybe?
Anyway, he would have gotten a technical education at training if nothing else. I’d imagine at Hivs all there training included running round the pitch 5 times and then some sprint exercises, followed by the tactical info of “hoof it the park, and kick them if they go near you.”

Ejaria approached Gerrard and told him he was homesick and not settling.

Gerrard agreed then to send him back.

Very, very different to phone Liverpool and telling them Ojo is on a train back down the road.

It won’t happen, so people need to stop wasting time debating the merits of it.
We are a lot less reliant on loan players than we were a year ago. If a player isn't working, he could easily be sent back. Liverpool aren't sending us their best talent anyway, so next year I'd hope our first team/best youth products are more useful than a Liverpool loanee.

We are a lot less reliant on loan players than we were a year ago. If a player isn't working, he could easily be sent back. Liverpool aren't sending us their best talent anyway, so next year I'd hope our first team/best youth products are more useful than a Liverpool loanee.
Hopefully there are some now good enough to be in and around the first team .

Far preferable to loaning youngsters from other clubs.

middleton will be at us for years to come, his first 6 months last season were way ahead of his expected contribution for someone his age and inexperience. Confidence took a dunt when he became the man fans look to change a game , hell be fine and that is my opinion

Always liked him and thought going to Hibs was a bad move for the lad. That club is absolute poison.

Hopefully he can either take Ojo's place, or, get a better 6month deal with lessons learned.

Imagine you are an apprentice plumber and there's 50,000 people screaming at your every time you fumble the stopcock ;-)
The guy's 19, give him a break.

I cant see him being a player for us now, we have too many players that can play his position ahead of him

Depends how long Middleton has left on his contract. Let's say it's 2 years left. He has 2 years to prove himself either at Ibrox or on loan. Some players do take longer to adjust to the senior game but I do understand those who expect him to show more than he has by now.

Why should ojo play ahead of Middleton? Can you give me one reason?

Glenn done more on the pitch than he has. Nothing insane about it nothing to do with Hibs either. Shouldn't even be there none of our players should be anywhere near that rancid club.

Ojo scored the only goal in a EL game vs Feyenoord. Those points were crucial to qualification. That’s considerably more than Middleton has ever contributed.

Depends how long Middleton has left on his contract. Let's say it's 2 years left. He has 2 years to prove himself either at Ibrox or on loan. Some players do take longer to adjust to the senior game but I do understand those who expect him to show more than he has by now.
You're right, if it is a couple of years then a loan where he will be getting game time has to be the way forward. Hope the lad comes good

I get that. I got banned on here for defending Borna months ago. You said he's lost form because of fans saying he can't handle the pressure. Which seeks to suggest he can't handle the pressure if it's making him lose form?

He's had plenty of chances and time and he's not not cutting it. How many chances should we give him? We should be developing our own players instead.
No I didn't. I said he had lost form and that his confidence has been absolutely destroyed by a section of our fans, this is undeniable. There are audible groans around the ground when he comes on, this would affect 99% of footballers. Players lose form all the time, it doesn't mean they can't handle the pressure. The abuse he takes is beyond the pale and it's very similar to the personal stuff that was dished out to Barisic before he made them all look like the idiots they are. I'd say I hope they've learned a lesson, but they don't want to. They enjoy dishing about abuse to our players, it's the only enjoyment they get from football.

No I didn't. I said he had lost form and that his confidence has been absolutely destroyed by a section of our fans, this is undeniable. There are audible groans around the ground when he comes on, this would affect 99% of footballers. Players lose form all the time, it doesn't mean they can't handle the pressure. The abuse he takes is beyond the pale and it's very similar to the personal stuff that was dished out to Barisic before he made them all look like the idiots they are. I'd say I hope they've learned a lesson, but they don't want to. They enjoy dishing about abuse to our players, it's the only enjoyment they get from football.
No I didn't. I said he had lost form and that his confidence has been absolutely destroyed by a section of our fans, this is undeniable. There are audible groans around the ground when he on, this would affect 99% of footballers. Players lose form all the time, it doesn't mean they can't handle the pressure. The abuse he takes is beyond the pale and it's very similar to the personal stuff that was dished out to Barisic before he made them all look like the idiots they are. I'd say I hope they've learned a lesson, but they don't want to. They enjoy dishing about abuse to our players, it's the only enjoyment they get from football.
Im not gonna disagree with you on that cause they annoy me too.

Ojo scored the only goal in a EL game vs Feyenoord. Those points were crucial to qualification. That’s considerably more than Middleton has ever contributed.
Middleton scored in the UEFA too. Right now we need players who have dig. Who are willing to stand and fight and right now Ojo isn't that. He's overwhelmed by it. I'm not one of these borebeg haters I'm simply saying we can't afford to carry him.

Just me that would rather him having the odd game for us? I’d feel more confident seeing him coming on than Ojo or barker.

Understand he’d want regular football right enough.

Back