Goldson - Staying another 4 years!!!

Easy way to think about it you meet a nice bit of skirt ( or tail?) at the pub go home with her have a good night them the next morning it was nice see you later

No man is bigger than the club. Better players have left in the past but we move on. I thank CG for his consistent contributions over the past few seasons and wish him the best wherever that may be.
I’m sure he will soon find out that the best days of his career were at Ibrox and not at his next employer.

Felt he played it down because it was all about McGregor, rightly so.
But the way he walked around was as though his work here isn't yet done.
Lets see.

We conceded 50 goals in the league the season before Goldson arrived. He’s been an almost ever present and has rarely had a settled partner beside him. He’s been a tremendous player for us and should be thanked for his services. We’ll have to spend a lot of money to find a better replacement.

Anyone who pulls on our jersey has my full 100% support and always will.
Connor Goldson is no different from anyone else and has been a great servant to the club.
Having said that I can’t believe he watched that cross come into the box on Wednesday and didn’t attempt to clear it.
I think if he had cleared it we would be the Europa League champions.
Still wish him well if he does leave.

Not fussed in the slightest to be honest.

If he was leaving for family reasons it would've been easy enough to come out and tell us by now. I think we'd all accept that.

If he's leaving for more money he clearly thinks he's better than he is.

Shipped 1 goal on Wednesday, could've been 3. Not unusual for him.
Not unusual to look like we could lose 3?

How many times has that actually happened in recent years?

Celtic, Hibs and Ross County, this season, and let’s face it Ross County was mainly due to McGregor

That Celtic game aside, Leverkusen are about the only teams who ever looked like they might actually pump us during his time playing CB

He‘ll enjoy a huge pay raise wherever he goes.
He’ll miss some of the greatest atmospheres and competition, to be replaced by trivial mid league and relegation avoiding “six pointers”.

I’ll miss the stability of having a dependable center-half you can run out every game of the season.
I won’t miss him taking 3 touches minimum every time he got the ball.

I‘ll miss that 1 in a 100 great long ball over the top.
I won’t miss the other 99.

Overall, he’s been a great servant, but unfortunately, the feeling that he’s trading in Rangers for some shit, middle of the road English team leaves a bad taste.

Great player who we will sadly miss and find very hard to replace. Slightly annoyed with him that he played out his contract - as I felt we took a financial chance on him when many wouldn’t because of his health issue. Definitely blame on our side of that also for poor planning/negotiations. However unlike Laudrup he played with 100% percent commitment right to the final minute of that contract.

His manager up until tonight was one of very few. He will soon learn. Can't get my head around it to be honest.
It’s cos it’s damm hard . There’s realistically only 15/20 clubs who have a case to be bigger . The vast majority play at top of the top 4 leagues with a few others like Ajax , benfica and PSG. And even a few of those are only there cos of recent money like city and PSG but in modern footbsll it is a step up. Gio and rino are the only 2 most say took that step up cos Barca and Milan are 2 clubs that count in that 15/20

We both owe each other nothing.

He's been immense for us - only missed about half a dozen competitive games in 4-years (couple of them Covid-related)

Likewise we plucked him from nowhere after heart issues and gave him a platform,

We will miss him. Make no mistake. We won't know what we had now that he's gone.

We were both so good for each other.
And equally remind ourselves of his howlers including Wednesday.

Great servant and overall a very good player for us but it’s time to move on. if as I believe we are on an upward trajectory, then the vast majority of the players in that team will move on and we will improve, both in player quality and silverware. I don’t fear any player going this summer, we sell, we buy, we develop, we improve.

The next step for Gio is to deliver a team that makes winning silverware a habit, serial winners on the domestic front as a minimum.

I sometimes struggle with Goldson. There's no doubting he's been a workhorse, was class last year, and that he'll be missed as a presence on the park.

But he's been guilty of a few significant defensive lapses this year which have cost us majorly; too often has an errant pass which leads us into trouble; worst of all, his insistence on blaming everybody else around him for his %^*& ups is infuriating beyond belief.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic, and I say this knowing that the CB is often a thankless role and most prone to unfair criticism, but Im not buying the idea that him leaving'll be a massive blow to our defence.

Want to show me where I said he isn't the best centre half we have?

I said I'm not fussed if he goes, which is my own opinion, and that he's prone to mistakes that cost us, which is a fact.

If he thinks he's better off elsewhere then fine. Thanks and cheerio.
From a footballing perspective Helander is a better defender anyway. Goldson’s just more robust.

Not unusual to look like we could lose 3?

How many times has that actually happened in recent years?

Celtic, Hibs and Ross County, this season, and let’s face it Ross County was mainly due to McGregor

That Celtic game aside, Leverkusen are about the only teams who ever looked like they might actually pump us during his time playing CB

Lol.

You clearly know your Rangers, but do you really think we can't find a replacement for Goldson in the summer? With his wage freed up, and some money taken into account.

So sad he has to go. What an impact he’s had. Wish he could stay but he’ll know Rangers were the pinnacle of his career

Do you not think it be a good idea to do a RTV Interview or Premier Sports one after finishing the season on a high and give the supporters the truth and let him thank us ect ect. Every player has done a interview bar him. I guess we will get a instagram post thanking us waiting on the Nottingham Forrest result.

He doesn't deserve to leave without a goodbye its all just a bit wired IMO I think it maybe depended on the Europa Final game - the result.

Either way always loved the big man. Leader and top CB.

Although he will not get no where near a bigger club than Rangers. Top professional. Good luck Connor.
Maybe he didn’t want to do an interview.

It’s all about cash mate, nothing else

Like anyone changing an employer, and for a footballer it’s a very short working life so cash ALWAYS wins in modern football

If Forest don’t get promoted he’s not getting more money there and that applies to pretty much every championship club.

Family has been cited as the reason a thousand times over.

If I was leaving the greatest club in the world I would be too emotional to be interviewed too. I believe his decision is for family rather than football reasons. Thanks and good luck to him.

Goldson’s a weird one. 90% of the time he’s been brilliant, but that not so great 10% is full of inexplicable blunders that have cost us numerous trophies and European progress (Spartak Moscow away jumps to mind). He’s a very good defender but fatally flawed. Be nice to defend corners next season with a goalie and central defence that can clear a ball. Good luck to him though, he’s never hidden and given his all.

Maybe, just maybe Gio doesn’t want to offer him more money because Gio has other thoughts on how to improve us. He could think that Goldson gives the ball away too easily. Incidentally, Katic isn’t the answer either.

Is that genuine that he’s leaving Rangers for Notts Forest?
All the best to the lad but he’s going to regret that decision if it’s true.

I sometimes struggle with Goldson. There's no doubting he's been a workhorse, was class last year, and that he'll be missed as a presence on the park.

But he's been guilty of a few significant defensive lapses this year which have cost us majorly; too often has an errant pass which leads us into trouble; worst of all, his insistence on blaming everybody else around him for his %^*& ups is infuriating beyond belief.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic, and I say this knowing that the CB is often a thankless role and most prone to unfair criticism, but Im not buying the idea that him leaving'll be a massive blow to our defence.
Mate he’s no a robot

Bring in a big German beast that can defend solidly and actually get a header on target and that will be an upgrade…

He goes with my best wishes

He has been a rock for us

Just wish he was a yard deeper for that cross and we would likely be Europa league champions

I would just like him to be honest and say he is going for more money or whatever reason as he definitely isn't going to progress his career.

As I've said before, never been his biggest fan due to the clangers he has with his play.

That said, I see the spoiled brats are right on this yet again.

Player potentially moves from one football club to another shocker...

He goes with my best wishes, he has been a cracking signing for us, very robust, never injured and always gave his all.

I'm really, really hoping by some miracle he stays. It's very unlikely we'll find a replacement who is as fit and reliable as Goldson in the market we're shopping in.
For those pointing out mistakes. There's not a central defender in the world that plays 60+ games a season that doesn't make a few mistakes.

love the big guy, I hope he has a change of heart and stays. A colossal CH who will be tough to replace, no harm to big Souttar but I‘m not sure he’s at the same level.

Would love him to sign a new deal and stay but if not he’ll go with my best wishes.

He’s been a brilliant signing.

Which was lost.
Due to his poor defending.
A goal which we’ve lost season after season, where he does the exact same thing in letting the ball go across the 6y/d box.

Like I said he’s done well for us for where we were, but we can do better than him.
And the semi final v Leipzig when he switched off and gave Nkunku a free strike for their goal as he had turned round and was trying to organise someone else. He could be a solid defender and mostly was, but made more errors than a decent centre back should be. Compared to some of the centre backs we've seen in the last ten years then yes he been one of the top ones.

I'll be sad to see him go if he does leave, and I'm sure he will be sad to leave also. He will never experience a club this size, a support so great, or being part of something so special evwr again. But if it is a family decision then there is nothing that can be done about that.

Back