Goldson's brace v Celtic

Kris1872

Official Ticketer
Just thinking about our fantastic centre half and his double at the piggery. Has there been any other defender that's scored 2 goals in an old firm game?

There is probably a really obvious one I have forgotten but cant think of any others.

Twosignals

Just thinking about our fantastic centre half and his double at the piggery. Has there been any other defender that's scored 2 goals in an old firm game?

There is probably a really obvious one I have forgotten but cant think of any others.
Goldsons two goals I’ve never put a bet on, on my life, however I just wonder what odds you would have got on him for that score, I would have imagined they would have been similar to Leicester winning the EPL?

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Aye, Bo Andersen at the front there

Crouchy

Not sure, but Gough springs to mind for some reason. Might be mistaken.
I'd need to check this out.

I think he had back to back singles?

96/97?

Header at the Copland with the raising the roof celebration, then a beautiful side foot finish in front of the tarriers at Ibrox?

Jase

Can't recall any others with a brace but Gough got his share against them and Amoruso and Ehiogu also got goals.

TheRide365

Goldsons two goals I’ve never put a bet on, on my life, however I just wonder what odds you would have got on him for that score, I would have imagined they would have been similar to Leicester winning the EPL?
I had Goldson FGS and 3-0 on. 175/1(just checked).

Nothing dampened my mood that day but another goal would have been the icing on the cake.

mummymonkey

Had a look back as far as first world war and couldn't find any (didn't check war years). Cammy Fraser got a brace (in the 4-4 game) but he wasn't playing in defence at that time.

hammer17

Official Ticketer
Amoruso came mighty close when he scored a free kick then hit the post from about 35 yards

Ian1872

Odds on Goldson getting two would have been no where near the 5000/1 Leicester started at that season.

Defenders score quite regularly from set pieces, so I'd imagine for him to get a brace would have been somewhere in the 150 - 200/1 range.

Theoldgeezer

Richard Gough..2 headers many moons ago I think?