Goodwillie

Unless you sat in court and listened to the case you are making a lot of assumptions. Judge did read everything and did listen to facts and cross examinations.

They aren’t biased against anyone and make their judgements all of which can be appealed.

He isn’t innocent.

I dont think he’s come away looking great tbh, but he’s been there drinking all night too. shes ended up sleeping with them both. any self respecting woman would feel dirty and used by them. But just because it’s made them feel like that doesn’t mean it’s rape. Id honestly lethal injection for people who rape someone, to put someone through that against there will then your evil, shes not told them to stop or get off etc, its not like she’s been pinned down forcefully etc. was Goodwillie drinking all night too

Sturgeon mysteriously really concerned about the safety of women in this case. Bizarre.
Bizarre to say the lleast. A convenient distraction more like.

Imagine how shocked they'll be when they remove the carpet they've swept the boys club scandal under?

I dont think he’s come away looking great tbh, but he’s been there drinking all night too. shes ended up sleeping with them both. any self respecting woman would feel dirty and used by them. But just because it’s made them feel like that doesn’t mean it’s rape. Id honestly lethal injection for people who rape someone, to put someone through that against there will then your evil, shes not told them to stop or get off etc, its not like she’s been pinned down forcefully etc. was Goodwillie drinking all night too
The civil court case was based on her being too drunk to give consent. A lack of consent to having sex with someone means you were raped by them.

Thats the Goodwillie civil case above. They did appeal on the basis that the judge didn't accept the evidence of the up stairs neighbours who swore he heard laughing and giggling and people having sex. They also lost that case.
First thing that jumps out at me was.....why did she sit in her brother's car having a beer when her friend got ready THEN walked to the pub? Why did she not go into her friend's house - or her brother not drop them off at the James Young?

She can't remember leaving Smith's (Glenmavis) to go to Chalmers...

I don't know whether Goodwillie is innocent or guilty. But, the situation is something which could happen to many guys on any given weekend....

Goodwillie is just another pawn in Sturgeon's power game.

so you would be happy enough would you?
So long as the debt to society has been done
I think each case should be looked at on its merits.Martindale has put hishands up to his past,done his time turned his life round by working his way up from the bottom.Many do their time "pay their debt" but then continue their old life style.Martindaleshould be used as a role model for young offenders to show them what can be achieved by using what talent you have and working hard.

Allow murderers,gangsters,drug dealers and serial paedophiles to roam our streets without a care in the world but hound this guy and stop him from making a living from his profession seems something Scottish justice and SNP are determined to do until he died. Groomers like Griffith's and Thompson I think it was from hearts get off Scot free.
Where's this compassion for criminals who've paid the price of their crimes. I know he wasn't jailed but surely he is entitled to the same treatment as other criminals. No sympathy for him but this seems a witch hunt. Remember this Scottish government released the Lockerbie bomber to live out his life.

I think each case should be looked at on its merits.Martindale has put hishands up to his past,done his time turned his life round by working his way up from the bottom.Many do their time "pay their debt" but then continue their old life style.Martindaleshould be used as a role model for young offenders to show them what can be achieved by using what talent you have and working hard.
So you would accept martingale as a rangers employee, assuming he could do the role

She was raped fucking hell just from the things i read i can deduce that taxi driver said she could hardly bite her own finger nails as did the doorman she just didnt sober up your a fucking moron .Your statement that the girl felt dirty fucking hold your head in shame . If it was my daughter i would have done time and gladly to fucking hurt him and his mate .

It means he’s not guilty.

Why are u absolutely all over this thread replying everywhere desperate to tell us all he’s guilty. Do u know something the CPS doesn’t?
I know that he has been found to be a rapist under civil court and has made no attempt to pay his debt to the girl, in fact declaring bankruptcy to avoid his debt.
He is a scumbag pure and simple.

Going by your rules, you don’t think Griffiths is a nonce, despite the tweets clearly to the contrary.

I know that he has been found to be a rapist under civil court and has made no attempt to pay his debt to the girl, in fact declaring bankruptcy to avoid his debt.
He is a scumbag pure and simple.

Going by your rules, you don’t think Griffiths is a nonce, despite the tweets clearly to the contrary.
So he’s never been convicted in a criminal court then?

I think he's a piece of shit. Is he innocent until proven guilty or does that only apply when it's convenient?
What’s convenient? Goodwillie case was thrown out. Griffiths never went to court because he played for Celtic. The messages to the lassie were everywhere online.

What’s convenient? Goodwillie case was thrown out. Griffiths never went to court because he played for Celtic. The messages to the lassie were everywhere online.
The Goodwillie case wasn’t “thrown out” though. It was decided not to proceed with the case so it never went to a criminal trial. Not enough evidence of wrongdoing. Same with Griffiths.

It seems that you are picking and choosing if its innocent until proven guilty or not

You're all over the place. All I ever read on here (and it's always, and I mean every single time, when a man is accused of rape/sexual assault) is "innocent until proven guilty". You don't get to use it to support your defence of Goodwillie whilst not affording Griffiths the same presumption of innocence.

She was raped fucking hell just from the things i read i can deduce that taxi driver said she could hardly bite her own finger nails as did the doorman she just didnt sober up your a fucking moron .Your statement that the girl felt dirty fucking hold your head in shame . If it was my daughter i would have done time and gladly to fucking hurt him and his mate .

How many drinks does it take to be 3 and a half times over the limit?. I think they have all been drunk, shes obviously acted out of character and regretted it. Regretting it happened doesn’t count as rape though. If the 2 guys were sober and the woman was drunk then id take a different view on it tbh. All 3 were under the influence of alcohol and all 3 aren’t blameless imo. Has Goodwillie had anymore woman come forward ?. The reason id lethal inject rapists and child abusers is because i dont think you suddenly just stop raping people. I’ve not looked into it to see what % re offend doing the same thing, you would need to be very very sick in the head to carry out things like that and i dont believe they can properly be rehabilitated

You're all over the place. All I ever read on here (and it's always, and I mean every single time, when a man is accused of rape/sexual assault) is "innocent until proven guilty". You don't get to use it to support your defence of Goodwillie whilst not affording Griffiths the same presumption of innocence.
I’m not at all. I just asked was he proven guilty? The difference with people bringing up griffiths is we all seen the messages online.

I also
Seems to me you are picking and choosing if it’s guilty even when not proven.
Im not picking and choosing no, I think they are both guilty mate.

I dont think that it has been mentioned in this thread that despite the CPS not progressign with a criminal case against Goodwillie and Robertson, the criminal injuries compensation board deemed that she had been raped and awarded her the highest compensation available for the case.

The civil court judge Lord Armstrong said Goodwillies evidence was ‘partial’ and partisan’. He ruled: ‘both defenders took advantage of the pursuer when she was vulnerable through an excessive intake of alcohol and, because her cognitive functioning and decision-making processes were so impaired, was incapable of giving meaningful consent; and that they each raped her.’ In contrast, the testimony of Ms Clair was described by Lord Armstrong as: ‘cogent, persuasive and compelling’.

It was reported that the 2 beasts offered her £115k to settle the case out of court, those are not the actions of innocent men.

Last edited:
How many drinks does it take to be 3 and a half times over the limit?. I think they have all been drunk, shes obviously acted out of character and regretted it. Regretting it happened doesn’t count as rape though. If the 2 guys were sober and the woman was drunk then id take a different view on it tbh. All 3 were under the influence of alcohol and all 3 aren’t blameless imo. Has Goodwillie had anymore woman come forward ?. The reason id lethal inject rapists and child abusers is because i dont think you suddenly just stop raping people. I’ve not looked into it to see what % re offend doing the same thing, you would need to be very very sick in the head to carry out things like that and i dont believe they can properly be rehabilitated
You keep saying she “regretted it”. The law is clear - if someone is too incapacitated to give consent then consent can’t be assumed. The civil court agreed that she wasn’t in a state to consent to having sex. She chose to waive her right to anonymity to take the case to a civil court because she didn’t believe she had consented to sex and the civil court agreed on the balance of probabilities.

Goodwillie? No I don’t think so that’s why I asked.
Sorry mate, I was referring to Griffiths.
Goodwillie and Robertson were charged with rape, but then charges dropped later.

Griffiths wasn't charged for his grooming tweets as far as I know.

But you know that's what I was referring to.

You keep saying she “regretted it”. The law is clear - if someone is too incapacitated to give consent then consent can’t be assumed. The civil court agreed that she wasn’t in a state to consent to having sex. She chose to waive her right to anonymity to take the case to a civil court because she didn’t believe she had consented to sex and the civil court agreed on the balance of probabilities.

Well the majority of guys on here will have been raped at some point from their current or previous partners when we have been a bit worse for wear then. Most of us i think could think of a time that’s happened to them

Well the majority of guys on here will have been raped at some point from their current or previous partners when we have been a bit worse for wear then. Most of us i think could think of a time that’s happened to them
Sexual assault maybe but not rape-it’s in the legal definition that was quoted in the Isla Bryson thread that you need to have penetration by a penis. (I can’t remember the exact wording)

Will stress again that Celtic gave Griffiths game time after he got caught trying to nonce an underage girl.

Not that it’s a defence for Goodwillie but you’d have expected the same level of treatment.
Celtc who re employed a convicted paedophile, and paid his company £250,000 annually for the 4 years he was in prison, that Celtc?
Colour me shocked.
Disclaimer. Allegedly.

Sorry mate, I was referring to Griffiths.
Goodwillie and Robertson were charged with rape, but then charges dropped later.

Griffiths wasn't charged for his grooming tweets as far as I know.

But you know that's what I was referring to.
No I didn’t. And I don’t know why ur even using griffiths as a defence.

He was also blotto. Did he give consent?

Back