Goodwin says the SPFL bent their own rules

Appeal what??
Appeal to league that st midden had players that should not be eligible….. wouldn’t put it past them ….. however it appears they have used same logic as us and rats have that allowed as we would be to bring B team players back. St midden don’t have a B team but players in lowland league

Don't be surprised if that happens.that mhob will stoop to any level to get what they want. An appeal could be on and no doubt a successful appeal with lies from sfa spfl to help.
If that happens then the onus would be on the SPFL because it was them who insisted the game had to go ahead and st mirren had to go round the lower leagues getting their player recalled to play in this game at short notice, they have got there point and deserve their point and if they go down that road everyone must defend them

He said he wanted the club to refuse to play tonight, maybe im being cynical but wouldn’t surprise me if he wants the game on sunday cancelled
He wanted tonight cancelled not much chance of getting sunday cancelled.

Appeal to league that st midden had players that should not be eligible….. wouldn’t put it past them ….. however it appears they have used same logic as us and rats have that allowed as we would be to bring B team players back. St midden don’t have a B team but players in lowland league
Mate ffs :)

If that happens then the onus would be on the SPFL because it was them who insisted the game had to go ahead and st mirren had to go round the lower leagues getting their player recalled to play in this game at short notice, they have got there point and deserve their point and if they go down that road everyone must defend them
They make rules as they go and they lie. It's the way football is governed here,sadly by clowns

Serious accusations there, the SFA and SPFL were scouring the rules books, to break them so Celtic could play a very weakened team. Surely to goodness' the media will be on to this? That's my last joke for tonight .

For those who for some reason are worrying about an imaginary appeal, here's the difference:

Even if rules were relaxed, which I'm not sure of, it doesn't matter because the SFA and SPFL approved it before the match took place. Therefore all parties involved were aware of and accepted the rules.

Different if St Mirren had re-called laddies off their own backs without telling anyone.

Surely if what Goodwin is saying is accurate something needs to be done about this
They can't just break rules so games go ahead at the request if a certain club
This just gets more sinister
Whilst they have people in place at all the places that matter they can and they will. Nothing can be done about it until the rest wake up. To be fair to the board Rangers tried and got shot down last year. Can’t see it changing any time soon . Decades of taking eyes off the ball has left the football authorities and country as a whole in the hands of these people. There’s literally nothing Rangers can do with no support from the rest. After 9 years of being demonised by a media full of them we are effectively ostracised/ hated by the rest. Nothing will change for a very long time. Even with all the cards in their favour they mess it up though which is just glorious

Jim Goodwin has claimed the SPFL had to bend their own rules to allow his St Mirren side to face Celtic.

The Buddies boss was forced to recall kids from loan deals and draft in academy youngsters after 11 first team stars were ruled out due to Covid chaos – and pleas to have the game shelved fell on deaf ears.

Goodwin said: “It's been extremely difficult as you'd imagine. We've been here before.

"I'm not surprised as we were forced to play games last year that we didn't really want to.

"It was Groundhog Day all over - very similar to what happened last year.
"We had major dialogue back and forth with the authorities and we were explaining the situation.

"If we only have three or four positives, it's a different situation - but we had 11 positives and were still waiting for two results before the game.

"Thankfully we were able to free up a few of our players who were deemed close contacts on Tuesday.

"We had major dialogue back and forth with the authorities and we were explaining the situation.

"Nobody at St Mirren wants to cancel games willy nilly, but these are extreme circumstances.

"If we only have three or four positives, it's a different situation - but we had 11 positives and were still waiting for two results before the game.

"On Wednesday afternoon we genuinely felt we were going to have to play six or seven under-17 players.

"We asked for the game to be postponed but unfortunately the powers that be wanted the game to go ahead.

"So much so that they have bent loan rules to allow us to bring six under-18 players to bulk the squad.

"They amended the loans to allow us to bring back players from Lowland League clubs.

"They went to great lengths to get the game on. They explored every avenue, even down to those loan rules.

"The SFA and SPFL got together on the Lowland loans, but we weren't allowed to bring league ones back."
Another ban like mcgin

He said he wanted the club to refuse to play tonight, maybe im being cynical but wouldn’t surprise me if he wants the game on sunday cancelled
Nah, their outbreak was last Wednesday i think. Isolation will be up on Friday. They will have players available for Sunday. They might get one days training right enough

Celtic though they could get the win today but knew they'd probably lose against us. So, needed have that game binned but tonight's and box days were fine as they should have got the points. It backfired for them.

It is no surprise that the SPFL were quite happy to do Celtic's bidding.
Yup a bunch of dirty crooks who bent over backwards to help the team they support, but their actions will still benefit the mhanks because no doubt we would have ended them on January 2nd. Now they have players coming back from Injury and their new players from the January window, schum helping schum.
I hope that Karma, gets them big time because they deserve to get payback.

Good of Jim Goodwin to provide that insight, especially after getting a good result. I wish we could drop the paranoia and appreciate that most managers and players are professional and only want the best results for their team. They might have supported another club or even played for them, it doesn't mean they are going to sabotage their own team to deliberately lose.
Except Mark McGhee of course.

Spfl said in a statement.. we have explored all the options and we can confirm that we whole hartley support celtic in deciding as and when games should be played. We know how this looks but we can confirm that celtic will decide what future actions will be taken to make sure celtic have a full fit squad available as its sporting integrity at the forefront of this decision. Sorry the last part of that is made up!!

The SPFL Board agreed that they could list 6 x players still technically on loan to lower League clubs, without cancelling the loan deals.

Something I’ve never heard of before,

Tbf that's something our board should be pointing out the rules should be the rules and shouldn't be able to be bent an open goal for them
To be fair every chairman of every club should be all over this demanding answers as to why and how this happened. I will confidently predict not one word will be uttered by any one of them, the game here is totally skewed in favour of the bheasts.

Back