Graham Dorrans

Yep, his age, form pre-injury, and the amount of time he has now missed means I'll be very surprised if he makes any sort of meaningful contribution for us unfortunately.

Yip I think he will go the same way as Niko did!

After his long lay off Niko struggled big time and I think the same of Dorrans

So we've more or less covered every eventuality here,

Back just after Christmas all the way through to career ended. And sources such as the bus that the son of a mate at work goes on that's full of Dorrans mates....all the way to Dorrans himself yesterday.

FF at its finest.

Murphy in particular creates something from nothing with a wee drifting run here and there.

Absolutely mate.

Could comfortably play in any of the 3 positions behind Morelos.

Would've seen plenty of game time.

It’s amazing how much better players get the longer their injuries drag on.

I know that tends to happen a lot on here. However Dorrans has a 1 goal in 3 game ratio and Murphy has a 1 in 4 ratio. Not sure on assists but they must be pretty high too. That is much higher than any of the current midfield.

I know that tends to happen a lot on here. However Dorrans has a 1 goal in 3 game ratio and Murphy has a 1 in 4 ratio. Not sure on assists but they must be pretty high too. That is much higher than any of the current midfield.

Dorrans scored a few penalties in that tally, skewed by how little he has actually played.

I think most know Murphy is a good player, a much bigger loss to us than Dorrans IMO.

Original diagnosis was out until March, so if player has told a poster February then I’d tend to believe that, hopefully means he’s slightly ahead of schedule

Murphy is also ahead of schedule & may make it back before the seasons end
Cheers for up date mate. I think Murphy would have been a huge player for us this season.

Original diagnosis was out until March, so if player has told a poster February then I’d tend to believe that, hopefully means he’s slightly ahead of schedule

Yet some posters say hes done...:rolleyes:

Can’t see Dorrans ever coming back- he looked totally done when he signed.
Norwich saw us coming a mile off.

I would love to see our midfield with a fit Dorrans, Murphy and Arfield! Three great players who have been desperately unlucky with injuries since signing for us. Dorrans in particular was a player I was very excited to sign and yet he seemed to be carrying injury from the minute he walked through the door.

Any update on his injury, can't see anything recent online. Did he get the operation and any news of a likely return?

Thinking back to Villareal away and the couple games he managed, missing his creativity through the middle.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder nowhere like FF. Whenever we are struggling any players not in team injured or on loan etc they become better players in guys eyes, truth is I hoped he would be great signing and no doubt he loves rangers, it looks like we missed the best years of his career

I would love to see our midfield with a fit Dorrans, Murphy and Arfield! Three great players who have been desperately unlucky with injuries since signing for us. Dorrans in particular was a player I was very excited to sign and yet he seemed to be carrying injury from the minute he walked through the door.

I cant think of a weaker combination.

Send this to the Sunday Post good chance it will get letter of the week.

Overheard on the 54 to Penilee jeezo.

Why do people get annoyed at other people if they have heard something? I don't get that pysche - is it because you're not the guy with the info that bugs you.

I mean ffs that guy couldn't have come across any more genuine in the sense that he knows it's not 1st hand info and might be somewhat disclaimable.

Fucking get a grip.

Good……hopefully he will be fit for our title party!

Getting these two guys back in time for the business end of the season would be massive!

Apparently he is telling folk himself that he is done.

Theres a LOT of information comes out from the people closest to him. I can’t help but wonder if he was the real source (albeit unintentional) of team leaks etc last year. They seem to know info long before everyone else.

The managers comments put an end to this. He is progressing well and he expects him back around February.

Who needs enemies when you have pals like Dozza’s eh!!

FWIW these are obviously people claiming to be closer to Graham than they actually are!!

Dorrans looked like the missing link to our midfield vs Villareal, Murphy also looked excellent away to Aberdeen running himself into the ground for 70 minutes

The managers comments put an end to this. He is progressing well and he expects him back around February.

Who needs enemies when you have pals like Dozza’s eh!!

FWIW these are obviously people claiming to be closer to Graham than they actually are!!

Aye, but if I had a £1 for everyone that told me they had a mate that knew the player.
Certainly hope it’s just bullshït, we could do with him back.

Aye, but if I had a £1 for everyone that told me they had a mate that knew the player.
Certainly hope it’s just bullshït, we could do with him back.

I hear you mate.

I always feel that players who grew up supporting our club tend to get a rough time from some of our own fans.

I can assure you the player hurts as much as you or I, if not more. He’s desperate to be back playing for the club.

If fit murphy Dorrans and arfield all ex epl players would start in 90% of our games the first 2 have been a big miss and we haven’t replaced them with the same quality

Apparently. 3rd hand information of course, but supposedly he has told his mates that his career is very likely finished.

It seems strange that all of the information that was apparently coming from him back then, is now looking to have been accurate.

Nothing against graham, but 2 years in and no return.
Possibly a year on his contract left?, so i cannot see much of a future due to age, wages, performances and injuries.
I wouldnt be extending any contract even if he does ok next season.

I sometimes wonder whether it's the same Graham Dorrans some posters are talking about.

Her genuinely only had about 3.5 good games, probably on £15k-£20k p.w, arguably our most injury prone player having signed for £1.5m.

Next season her a year older, having spend most of his entire time at the club injured.

There is absolutely no basis to talk about Dorrans as the answer to anything, he's finished tbh..

I sometimes wonder whether it's the same Graham Dorrans some posters are talking about.

Her genuinely only had about 3.5 good games, probably on £15k-£20k p.w, arguably our most injury prone player having signed for £1.5m.

Next season her a year older, having spend most of his entire time at the club injured.

There is absolutely no basis to talk about Dorrans as the answer to anything, he's finished tbh..

He's the same age as Candeias and Arfield, neither of whom are close to being finished.

He's had a bad injury, but not a career threatening one.

At his age there's no reason why he won't come back stronger than ever.

With the hard work and commitment he's put into his rehab, I wouldn't bet against it.

Heart of a lion to come through the set backs he has had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back