Group Stages Europa League

Robert Marshall

IF and I repeat IF we qualify for the group stages, how much would you think is a fair price for a 3 game package,
1 If it was a glamorous group that included Chelsea / Arsenal, Milan plus other ?
or
2 easy group with no big names?

Yeah £100 quid for the 3 games is fair.
Place will be bouncing.
Mind that season Murray totally overcharged and we played to poor crowds against class teams. Was it 96? v Juve?

IF and I repeat IF we qualify for the group stages, how much would you think is a fair price for a 3 game package,
1 If it was a glamorous group that included Chelsea / Arsenal, Milan plus other ?
or
2 easy group with no big names?
£90 3 match package tops.

Place will be bouncing.
Mind that season Murray totally overcharged and we played to poor crowds against class teams. Was it 96? v Juve?

This immediately sprung to mind. It was the Juve, Dortmund, Steaua group. Was it £90 for the package back then?

Depends on the opposition surely. If we get through and don't draw decent names, you would maybe have to charge a bit less.

Miserable Auld Bassa's Rates (cos he canny make the game) £5.99 RTV (Overseas of course;))

Given the group stages was a bonus (before a ball was kicked) I think season ticket holders should be rewarded. So:

£75 for ST holders

£100 for non ST holders

And if possible packages in the public sale should go to people that have bought previous rounds (if the club could coordinate that)

£25 for a play-off round ticket. So I’d see <£35 for a group stage game happening. A gaurantee of a seat at all three? £115 max would be ok to me. Plus programmes and grub = ~£150 to see us in the group stages sounds reasonable.

Edit: Regardless of who we get.

I’ve said elsewhere before (working class club thread perhaps) I wouldn't like to see us start charging 40 odd pound a game. Keep it below an average of £40 and I can afford to be there.

Given the group stages was a bonus (before a ball was kicked) I think season ticket holders should be rewarded. So:

£75 for ST holders

£100 for non ST holders

And if possible packages in the public sale should go to people that have bought previous rounds (if the club could coordinate that)
I think £25 per adult is too low for the group games mate. £32-£35 range per ticket I think it will be.

£75 for ST holders

£100 for non ST holders

This, we would have paid for 4 home games before the groups and filled every single one.

Place will be bouncing.

Pretty sure Juve was packed (1994 that was)

I’m thinking it was 1996 though mate. Ajax, Auxerre and Grasshoppers. I remember the FF fanzine had a cartoon of Murray dressed up as s drug dealer :D

With the price increase in each round (iirc 15, 18 20and 25) I can't see it being too much of a jump. I think another fiver so 30 quid a game is about right....

Remember we may go further, so a 5 quid increase for each round seems fair to me :p

For what it's worth ..... these will be the groups pots "IF" all the highest co-efficeients win their matches .... which isn't a guarantee as some have hard games ..... I've took out UFA for Rangers

jZJdK79.png

https://i.imgur.com/jZJdK79.png

Fair or not, guarantee it will be 100 pound plus - season ticket holder or not.

The club know there's appetite and it will sell out completely, and that would net us 5million plus just in gates plus hospitality.

I think that ties in with the increase in price per round as well, 33 pound per ticket I think is passable

I think £25 per adult is too low for the group games mate. £32-£35 range per ticket I think it will be.

I just think after paying for 4 home qualifiers and a big number of Bears travelling away, on top of guys forking our for ST not long ago, £25 would be a small token back from the club.

It’ll still sell out if it is to be £100 though.

£75 for ST holders

£100 for non ST holders

£25 if we drew Chelsea and Milan ?

Price it to high and you could lose a portion of the crowd if you sell as a package.
However if your selling individual games, then fans who can afford single games will come.

Murray used to get the pricing wrong frequently for CL back in the day. Remember some poor crowds. If we get some big teams £90 for season ticket holders would be fair.

£75 for ST holders

£100 for non ST holders

I don't think some fans should be charged more

Depends on chances of beating the opposition too.

I think the club should make the package attractive enough to get three sell outs. £60-£90 I think.

I think it was £90 for the CL package in 2007

People saying 80 quid etc are off their head.Most people are willing to pay more than that and the club can make a killing off this.

Especially if we draw teams like Chelsea, Milan and Betis

Between 90 and 100 is my guess.

Hoping for Chelsea Anderlecht and Frankfurt.

Assuming we get through of course

People saying 80 quid etc are off their head.Most people are willing to pay more than that and the club can make a killing off this.

Especially if we draw teams like Chelsea, Milan and Betis

I’d prefer if the club don’t go down the road of thinking they can make a killing out of folk who have already stumped up £400-£500 for a season ticket.

Back