Group Stages Europa League

Are you for real?

The fans stumped up in record numbers last year when most knew that Pedro was a fuckin clown.

We continued to stump up and fill the ground with a youth team coach in charge, even though we knew he was out his depth the 1st the board put him there.
Yes I'm very very real.
"When most knew that Pedro was a fuckin clown" is utterly irrelevant. That's the price of loyalty.
We had record numbers against clubs from the 2nd division. What's your point?
We will have thousands of Rangers supporters paying £28 a hit on Sunday. Their choice. This is not investing in our club.
The argument being forwarded above was that at £30 per game at Ibrox all was ok. But when it became £40 per game at Ibrox we were being "exploited."
Either we are in this together or we aren't. We will manage to fill Ibrox at a week's notice and generate £1.25m for our club. As soon as the ticket price moves above the £25 being asked for we the enter a debate where some have postulated that Rangers Football Club are exploiting the support. My argument, following in the thoughts of Wattie, is that we will get the Club we deserve. If we are not prepared to invest we will not move on. We'll be loyal until it goes above £30 a ticket.
I sit at the front of the Club Deck. The "loyalty" of our support is/was before my eyes at each home game throughout the last 6 years. Let's not kid each other on.

I’m Entitled? For suggesting that the club doesn’t go over board in 3 games of a potential 60 plus game season? 3 games that are pretty much a bonus to everyone including the board I assume. I’m not asking we get in for free ffs and I’ve already said I’d pay £120 if it comes to it. Genuinely I’ve read some shite on here but that’s definitely up there with the best of it.

The gentleman doth protest too much me thinks.

Yes I'm very very real.
"When most knew that Pedro was a fuckin clown" is utterly irrelevant. That's the price of loyalty.
We will have thousands of Rangers supporters paying £28 a hit on Sunday. Their choice. This is not investing in our club.
The argument being forwarded above was that at £30 per game at Ibrox all was ok. But when it became £40 per game at Ibrox we were being "exploited."
Either we are in this together or we aren't. We will manage to fill Ibrox at a week's notice and generate £1.25m for our club. As soon as the ticket price moves above the £25 being asked for we the enter a debate where some have postulated that Rangers Football Club are exploiting the support. My argument, following in the thoughts of Wattie, is that we will get the Club we deserve. If we are not prepared to invest we will not move on. We'll be loyal until it goes above £30 a ticket.
I sit at the front of the Club Deck. The "loyalty" of our support is/was before my eyes at each home game throughout the last 6 years. Let's not kid each other on.
The vast majority will be loyal and pay the prices, doesn't mean they need to agree that it's right

Yes I'm very very real.

We’d fill Ibrox at £25, £30 or £40 a ticket I’m saying there’s no need to for it to be more than £30 a ticket max.

I’m not sure what your talking about to be honest your posts are very confusing.

Reactions: _72
I reckon it would be something like £96 for package and £35 individual games.
Really need to watch how they pitch the prices as we had a bigger crowd against Stranraer than Bayern Munich one year due to pricing.

The vast majority will be loyal and pay the prices, doesn't mean they need to agree that it's right
What exactly isn't right about the club taking the opportunity to generate the funds to invest in our club that will hopefully lead to the biggest celebration that our support has ever known? What will they have done wrong? Why would Rangers supporters disagree?
Why do Rangers supporters provide £3.5m to the haters?
Loyalty? My Lily white arse.

What exactly isn't right about the club taking the opportunity to generate the funds to invest in our club that will hopefully lead to the biggest celebration that our support has ever known? What will they have done wrong? Why would Rangers supporters disagree?
Obviously people will feel the prices are wrong.
The rest is just you not able to understand that fans want to watch their team home and away

Obviously people will feel the prices are wrong.
The rest is just you not able to understand that fans want to watch their team home and away
I will never be able to understand those who put their self gratification before our club. Never.

if folk are committing to all three games and providing guaranteed income then they should be rewarded with a price freeze from the previous round (£25). Individual prices starting from £30.

What does the level of opposition have to do with it? The prices will be decided long before the draw is made. Anything above £30 for a Europa League game is ridiculous.
Why is the old firm £49 and all the others £32 ? If it was £40 against the Russians and the same against Chelsea, who would sell out?
I rest my case

Why is the old firm £49 and all the others £32 ? If it was £40 against the Russians and the same against Chelsea, who would sell out?
I rest my case
Usually to do with more policing probably, and the pricing differs depending on teams in a certain category, all European games should be in the same category at the same stage. Both probably would tbf

Pretty sure Juve was packed (1994 that was)

I’m thinking it was 1996 though mate. Ajax, Auxerre and Grasshoppers. I remember the FF fanzine had a cartoon of Murray dressed up as s drug dealer :D
We didn't make the group stages in 1994.We played Juventus in 96

I rest my case
In the 2008 eufa cup run the majority paid the asking price that rangers put on tickets- cost me a small fortune but it was worth it - that season we were shelling out every other week for tickets both domestically and in Europe hard going financially but who would give their right arm to be in that position again- I know I and the vast majority of our support would be at the front of the line waiting in anticipation regardless of pricing structure of tickets

The thing is given our absence from top level European competition if we get to the group stage those tickets will sell out in next to no time regardless of the prices.

I rest my case
I'm talking about from the boards point of view. You do realise that ticket prices will be set before we know the oppostion, don't you? Or do you think the board will wait until the draw is made and then try and cash in on a big name?

We’ve already put in about £80 for qualifiers and I’ve spent well over a grand to follow away in Europe on top of £550 ST. Back into my bank account for Killie away yesterday. The things you do to follow the bears :p

Hope they are fair as I’m feeling the pinch. I reckon £30 tops per game is fair.

I might be wrong but years ago when we were in the Champions League group stages and bought the block of 3 home games did we not get the option to then pay them in 3 or 4 instalments just like our season tickets?

I'm slightly torn on this.

Rangers need our money to improve. Under the present Board we can trust them to re-invest cash coming in through the turnstiles. Buying tickets for matches is the most effective way of investing in Rangers, as a fan. Investing via Club 1872 is also a good option. There are other income streams such as programmes and replica tops which have a lower percentage of the overall price going directly to the club.

There does need to be a balance struck that allows us all to attend matches at Ibrox. It would be easy to overprice the European matches and sadly that would lead to empty spaces in the stands.

As a fan base we are happy to £50 for a match against the scum. We are happy to pay £50 for a replica top, even multiple replica tops. Should European matches be any different? Is £50 too much?

Personally I would like to see Ibrox full for every match we play, and to that end I would like to see sensible prices charged. £90 for 3 matches, up to £40 for individual games.

If we have progressed so far in such a small space of time that we make the groups, I would have no complaints about having to pay 100 quid for the three games .

Only a handful of teams have managed it in the past when starting at the first round.

I'm talking about from the boards point of view. You do realise that ticket prices will be set before we know the oppostion, don't you? Or do you think the board will wait until the draw is made and then try and cash in on a big name?
The draw is made days after the second leg, I think the Club will have 2 prices in mind and make their decision when we find out our opponents.
I can guarantee whatever they decide their will be plenty on here having a go at them.
I'll not be one of them.

The point of funding other Scottish teams,
When Murray priced the CL package at £80 odd the stands were empty,
I funded the cost by stopping away league games. And that was before the others showed their hand.
20/30 yrs later £80 odd doesn't seem so bad, and now we have reasons to stop going to away lg games.

Personally I would prefer 3 completely unknown or non attractive clubs and us at £ 30- 35 a ticket...

84 for cccs which is 28 a ticket

90 for non season ticket holders.

If it's too much it won't sell out. I think 30 quid a game is around as much as we could reasonably ask people to pay after already paying for a season ticket and 4 qualifying rounds. Expensive business.

It’s about income to the club but the likes of myself taking my kid this season. 2 season tickets, got pittodrie going tomorrow x2 and got a Motherwell brief x2 plus the games already played in Europe and the 2 friendlys its expensive. The good thing is there will be no end of bears willing to buy a ticket if others can’t afford it. Some still have a final ST instalment to pay also and will no doubt be digging deep for the new kits.

Depends on chances of beating the opposition too.

I think the club should make the package attractive enough to get three sell outs. £60-£90 I think.

I think it was £90 for the CL package in 2007

£60 :eek: the play off qualifier is £25, it's not gonna be £20 a game in the group stage :D

See for all the people that £40 ts too dear to watch Chelsea ? Arsenal, are any of you the fans that are complaining they cant get an opportunity to give celtic £49?

Or give Hummell £50 for shirts.
The cash for tickets at our magnificent Stadium goes to the club unfiltered.
Clearly there are differences in income and the pricing needs to be sensitive to that. But if you factor in inflation from our last group stage appearance, £40 a game is doable. However, the comparison between the prices charged during Minty's tenure, and beyond, and the current board are hardly comparable. We have gone through the mincer since those days. But as you say, if we fight among ourselves to give those bastards £49 bangers, then we should be doon the back of the settee to give money to our club.
Rangers, and Rangers only. Dig deep Bears; it's our club that will benefit.

Glamorous or not £90 package deal and/or £35 per ticket separately would suit me.

I can understand some saying 'reward' ST holders or fans for being loyal but I don't think we can afford to miss out on a great income like this would bring. It's important to make money in this business.

I don't think too many of us will bemoan strengthening in January with Europa money for a potential title challenge....

£60 :eek: the play off qualifier is £25, it's not gonna be £20 a game in the group stage :D

I genuinely think the fans deserve something, an acknowledgement from the club at least. Yes we want the club to make money but a full stadium is more important right now, as is getting young bears into European games.

All these posters wanting glamour games

Why? Fair chance we’d be scudded. The same thing we laughed at the tims for last season in their “glamour” games

I want us to get as many points and build our co-efficient therefore I want the shittest team in every pot

We pay to watch Rangers.

£90 for the three game package is fair.

£ 100 for the three game package. £ 35 a pop for individual games. We need to maximise if we're lucky enough to qualify, which isn't a given despite many writing off our opponents.

Back