Guidi thinks Scotland are just 2 positions short of qualifying for major tournaments

2 players in each position shirt.
There are a few good players but poor defence and the lack of a goal scoring striker seems to be an issue. As others have said the lack of identity and a proper style makes it a fruitless exercise.

I don’t think we’re as bad player wise as the alkie is making the team look.
Marshall,Tierney,Robertson,Cooper,McKenna,Jack,,McGinn,McGregor,Fraser,Snodgrass and Naeneck shouldn’t be as bad.

Guidi knows the square root of %^*& all.

Probably spent too much time in wine alley with Clarke .

Scotland are a complete and utter shambles, both in players and tactics

The Alkie looks out his depth, as soon as he started awarding Caps to to Kille and championship players you knew the game is F**ked. Above all this is the the wonderful SFA who seems to know SFA.....

They need a full new defence and a full new strikers the ones in both are absolutely rotten.

Scotland actually has a not bad midfield atm that tit just won’t make the right selection.

It’s way more than that.

The entire set up, league structure, coaching of kids, SFA blazer chasers, no actual business people involved at the SFA or SPFL, standard of refereeing, youth facilities, I could go on and on.

I genuinely can’t see any prospect of any of this changing as it would need those in charge to vote themselves off their own gravy train.

Depressing state of affairs doesn’t even begin to cover it, and it’s no wonder so many fans (other than a few diddy club tits who are just looking for a bevvy overseas) have just switched off totally to Scotland’s national side.

There’s absolutely no unity in the country either mate.

I wouldn’t cross the road to watch my own country any more.

Well done SNP.

When will this love in by the media for McGregor stop ? he has been p1sh since Rodgers left and does not deserve a place in the starting 11, he is not up for a battle and we are not in a position to play him because he is a nice passer of the ball.

Its not enough

There’s absolutely no unity in the country either mate.

I wouldn’t cross the road to watch my own country any more.

Well done SNP.
Do you share the same sentiments regardless of the sport? Because I still find myself cheering on Laura Muir, the Rugby team, Curling ladies etc...the problem is more SFA than SNP for me. I'd never let those rats sabotage my love of Scotland and our athletes.

Just more mentally challenged style lies and revisionism that passes as quality investigative journalism nowadays.
An article for morons and Yessers.

Do you share the same sentiments regardless of the sport? Because I still find myself cheering on Laura Muir, the Rugby team, Curling ladies etc...the problem is more SFA than SNP for me. I'd never let those rats sabotage my love of Scotland and our athletes.

Fair comment. I actually don’t.

I cheer on the others as you say.

Maybe I shouldn’t be blaming the SNP but it just seems in recent years that there is such an anti Rangers agenda in the country & we have had players actually physically attacked at their work on two occasions & the government hasn’t condoned it.

We also again recently saw RJ being booed by what are meant to be his own supporters.

But maybe I’m going too far because as you say if the rugby players or golfers or athletes are on the TV I’m shouting support for them.

A good centre back and forward is huge to any team

If you swapped Morelos and Goldson with McBurnie and Mulgrew it would see a huge swing in both teams performances.

Fair comment. I actually don’t.

I cheer on the others as you say.

Maybe I shouldn’t be blaming the SNP but it just seems in recent years that there is such an anti Rangers agenda in the country & we have had players actually physically attacked at their work on two occasions & the government hasn’t condoned it.

We also again recently saw RJ being booed by what are meant to be his own supporters.

But maybe I’m going too far because as you say if the rugby players or golfers or athletes are on the TV I’m shouting support for them.
Agree with that,but I have a problem with people who continually turn up to GB events and bring the saltire with them.
Even remember watching the Davis cup from glasgow and some clown turned up with a satire with yes on it.
If you dont want to be part of GB,then dont turn up to support certain members of GB teams just because of your narrow minded views.

Agree with that,but I have a problem with people who continually turn up to GB events and bring the saltire with them.
Even remember watching the Davis cup from glasgow and some clown turned up with a satire with yes on it.
If you dont want to be part of GB,then dont turn up to support certain members of GB teams just because of your narrow minded views.

100% Renfrew. Idiots.

As far as the Andy Robertson argument goes, there have been many "top level" players in poor national teams that have maintained a high level of performance and dragged their team to potentially a level above. Hleb for Belarus, Mhkytarian for Armenia, Eidur Gudjonsen for Iceland (back when Iceland were distinctly average at best), Dwight Yorke for T&T, Jari Litmanen for Finland, Aubameyang for Gabon, Adebayor for Togo...

Point I'm trying to make is that Robertson doesn't seem capable of getting another 10% out of those around him, or even of bringing his club form to the international stage. Suggests to me that as good as he is for Liverpool, he's reliant on good players around him to raise his game.

The curious thing for me is just how defensively woeful Scotland have looked under Clarke.

If there was one thing I thought he might do reasonably well it was make us difficult to beat.

His success at Kilmarnock was largely a result of that - of organising a group of limited players into a unit that was hard to break down - yet he appears hopelessly unable to replicate it with what are when all is said and done much better players at international level.

There’s a depressing inevitability about this, a downward spiral of loserdom we appear incapable of reversing.

Journalism in this country is seriously fucked as this buffoon's latest drivel confirms. Guidi and all the other sycophants in the press are still supportive of Clarke after the debacle in Moscow, not one questioning the managers clear lack of ability.

When you look a the players in that squad we should be a decent team. they are all playing for good teams at a good level. If you compare our squad to Northern ireland or the Republic we should have the strongest team.

It begs the question why we don't. Clarke has to be questioned, we are not hard to beat as last night showed. We had 11 good players but the didn't play as a team it looked they only met 5 mins before kick off. So there must be a degree of flac heading Clarkes way.

But there must also be a wider issue. He did a good job at Kilmarnock, why can't he do that at Scotland? When was the last successful Scotland manager? Walter Smith? Must be a wider issue than just an individual.

We are a ball hair away from being seen as the same cannon fodder as San Marino and Malta, that is the harsh reality of the situation where that team is at right now.

They can change the managers as much as they want but when they continue to call up the same players who have failed us on so many occasions then what chance do we have. The blueprint needs ripped up and we need to build a young team that will grow into a good team together. But that should have been done over a decade ago.

The sports journalists in this country really have no clue about football, idf he actually believes this Scotland team are just 2 positions short from being able to qualify then he is deluded imo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On tonight&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@ClydeSSB</a>, Mark Guidi said he believes Scotland are a #2 and #9 away from being a team that can qualify for tournaments.<br><br>Do you think there is someone out there that Steve Clarke may be overlooking? <a href="https://t.co/JOq0qHJNOs">pic.twitter.com/JOq0qHJNOs</a></p>&mdash; Superscoreboard (@ClydeSSB) <a href=" ">October 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Lol singlehandedly keeping evosticks share holders in profits :) what a plum man they will never qualify for anything so long as the crash barriers are in charge

Cheer on?
Wouldn’t go that far.
Don’t mind them doing well, unless there is some kind of anti-Rangers thing, like John Higgins, or blatant anti-unionist nationalism.

As has been mentioned previously in this thread Guidi is 100% crrect in his assertions, position 1 a footballing team, position 2 a management team ,without those 2 elements we will continue to see shitshows like last night;If you continue to watch In todays' Scotland it's 1 of the last shred of freedom you have "The freedom of choice" just like parking your car when you go to work, you can choose to walk.

The past 5 years or so The Scotland squad has been to most pathetic I have witnessed. No fight, No direction and No leadership.
I could not tell you who or when they are playing these days, as my interest is zero.
If that team selection was in the SPL they would be relegated 100% and then struggle in the Championship.
Total Dross.

We‘re a team of midfielders and left backs only! We need a keeper, three centre backs, a couple of right backs and a first choice and back up no. 9!

When Scotland last had a decent team,Rangers players made up the spine of the team. Now that we have a team of foreign players at Ibrox, Scotland don't have us to make their team better.Allied to that is the systemic hatred of Rangers and their players by the Tartan Army and the SFA. so, Hell mend them.

Although I do read the reports of Scotland games, I now just shrug and say,beat again or how many did they get beat by this time.

Honestly, if you don't have at least one half-decent center half then the game's a bogey. Walter said the exact same thing. Him and Eck at least had Weir to call on. McManus and, ffs, even Pressley were better than what we've got now as well.

I've seen some utter crap in my time as a Scotland fan — Paul Devlin, David McNamee, Peter Canero all spring to mind — but handing a call up to a thug like Declan Gallagher is taking the piss.

The media must be one of if not the only career in the world where there is no accountability - actually stock pick pundits who every single data review has shown get it right over a period of 5 years plus approx 50pc of the time.

If u got projections as wrong as Guidi in ur job ud be sacked and rightly so. And the BBC doesn’t even have to worry about people voting with their feet, wow, what a gravy train.

Back