Hagi is a genuine Ranger

Good post OP. I tell you how high I rate L.Hagi. I believe in a year or 18 months he will be our most important player by a distance.

He should be starting every week with his assists & goals recently.

Keep it up young Hagi.
The fact that he doesn't start every week , yet still shows his quality and effort every time he's asked , really shows his desire to be a rangers player. Love him

Agree with most of that.
But learning about Da Hagi from sensible soccer?
Young bears must be thinking a slightly worse version of FIFA2020.

brZ30T.gif
I was lucky enough to watch football in the 90s so I did not learn from Sensi soccer, but it is one thing that ties it all together for me in my memory!

I am 40 odds and grew up on Sensible soccer with Finidi George, George Weah, Hristo Stoichkov and Georgi Hagi.

this lad's father is football royalty and anyone who grew up in the same era as myself will know just how good a player he was, domestically and internationally.

His lad has no end of talent too, he has vision and clever feet and while he lacks for a touch of pace, his ability to read the game and position himself well more than makes up for it. He has no fear when it comes to taking a strike and he will take a man on when he feels he can beat him.

None of that deserves the title of the thread though. The reason I say he is a Ranger is not because he is the finished article, some superstar player with the world at his feet, it is because he has not rested on his father's name at all, he has backed himself to come to a 'smaller' league where talent is overlooked in favour of brawn, it is because he takes dull knocks, sore ones, little stamps on the toe and fly elbows for 90 minutes week after week and each and every time he gets right back up, dusts himself off and goes again. it is because he does not always play well, or even nearly well, but he will always, always play with his head up, make himself available for a pass and keep coming back for more, keep trying something, even when it is not coming off for him. He does not hide and he always wants the ball, even if his last 5 passes have been out of the park.

Being a Ranger is not about simply being the best and out-performing teams week in and week out, it is about making sure that if you fail, it is not through lack of heart, desire or effort. Skill plays it's part, obviously, and the lad has enough to make it, but the crux of being a Ranger is what is in the heart, not the toes and that is the reason that Bomber can stand shoulder to shoulder with Laudrup, why McCall does not need to look up to Gazza, why Novo can look Butcher in the eyes. Slightly less talent, more than made up for in application and desire.

Young Hagi has had some pretty poor spells in terms of form. He has been in and out of games and looked like nothing would come off for him. He has pulled himself back into form and won us points with goals.

The lad will absolutely do for me and will be a tremendous asset once some bits of his game are ironed out.
Absolutely love this post. One of the best I've read on here in a while.

His vision, speed of thought, technique and most important his attitude are second to none.
The way he presents himself in interviews is class.
Immense player for us.

I think in time he would excel playing as a deep lying playmaker as he has the vision, touch, technique and set piece ability.
This way his lack of pace doesn’t impact him as it would playing further forward at the top level of the game.
His father played as an advanced playmaker to great effect in a time when his lack of pace was counteracted by his vision and skill.

Been singing his praises all season.

He is still young and raw, it's a tough gig with the Rangers support and that was evident with him earlier in the season.

He will be huge of us, of that I have no doubt.

I still think he is nowhere near the finished article. Which is good news, I genuinely think he can improve significantly and get better.

The only thing he lacks is pace. Though if he had that as well he almost certainly wouldn’t be playing in Scotland.

Last edited:
We have to remember also that he is young and has moved to a foreign Country during a national Lockdown. He has been very impressive and will only get better under the guidance of his Father and Gerrard.

The statement made is he has no pace and it’s a requirement for the modern game is bullshit IMO the kid is technically superb he has a great awareness and ability to make things happen. He has vision he has a beautiful range of passing the type of player who will get you off your seat.
He has come to a new country where it’s difficult for him because due to COVID his family or friends can’t just hop on a plane and come over so he is on his own I know the club will offer him all the help they can
I’ve said before if he was quick he’d be playing in Portugal or Spain already. It’s not a requirement of the modern game but pace is certainly overvalued as a trait. His technical ability and vision are up there with the best we’ve seen in Scotland over the last decade. He’ll dip in and out of form and some games it’ll seem like he’s not shown up and against 10 cloggers on a plastic pitch that might affect him but I’ve never once seen him hiding or not wanting the ball, even when it hasn’t come off for him previously in the game.

I am 40 odds and grew up on Sensible soccer with Finidi George, George Weah, Hristo Stoichkov and Georgi Hagi.

this lad's father is football royalty and anyone who grew up in the same era as myself will know just how good a player he was, domestically and internationally.

His lad has no end of talent too, he has vision and clever feet and while he lacks for a touch of pace, his ability to read the game and position himself well more than makes up for it. He has no fear when it comes to taking a strike and he will take a man on when he feels he can beat him.

None of that deserves the title of the thread though. The reason I say he is a Ranger is not because he is the finished article, some superstar player with the world at his feet, it is because he has not rested on his father's name at all, he has backed himself to come to a 'smaller' league where talent is overlooked in favour of brawn, it is because he takes dull knocks, sore ones, little stamps on the toe and fly elbows for 90 minutes week after week and each and every time he gets right back up, dusts himself off and goes again. it is because he does not always play well, or even nearly well, but he will always, always play with his head up, make himself available for a pass and keep coming back for more, keep trying something, even when it is not coming off for him. He does not hide and he always wants the ball, even if his last 5 passes have been out of the park.

Being a Ranger is not about simply being the best and out-performing teams week in and week out, it is about making sure that if you fail, it is not through lack of heart, desire or effort. Skill plays it's part, obviously, and the lad has enough to make it, but the crux of being a Ranger is what is in the heart, not the toes and that is the reason that Bomber can stand shoulder to shoulder with Laudrup, why McCall does not need to look up to Gazza, why Novo can look Butcher in the eyes. Slightly less talent, more than made up for in application and desire.

Young Hagi has had some pretty poor spells in terms of form. He has been in and out of games and looked like nothing would come off for him. He has pulled himself back into form and won us points with goals.

The lad will absolutely do for me and will be a tremendous asset once some bits of his game are ironed out.
Completely agree mate and I couldn't have put it as well as you did. Admiration dully given. :D

W.A.T.P.

He was also a victim of his initial own success. Hype went through the roof after Braga and when he didn't meet those same heights every week then doubters popped up.

I'm terms of talent he is unreal. That he is so willing to fight and take on the unglamorous side of the game is testament to our coaching team.

Well said OP, great post.

He doesn't need pace, he makes the ball do all the work. I'd like him to have a few opportunities at free kicks also. Huge admirer but some people get pinned on a missing or lacking attribute in his speed I'd like him as a AM behind Morelos then again Aribo has started to get on it.

The statement made is he has no pace and it’s a requirement for the modern game is bullshit IMO the kid is technically superb he has a great awareness and ability to make things happen. He has vision he has a beautiful range of passing the type of player who will get you off your seat.
He has come to a new country where it’s difficult for him because due to COVID his family or friends can’t just hop on a plane and come over so he is on his own I know the club will offer him all the help they can
If he had pace he would be worth zillions and playing for Real Madrid :))

Well I just noticed he was sold to Arsenal for £141m in 2024. In Fifa 21. So that’s about as legit as it gets.
In all seriousness, I think he’s a classy player who won’t truly become great until he moves to a bigger league. Gerrard will get him to where needs to be in terms of levels though.

Has anyone made a bigger contribution to this season if you look at contribution per minutes played?

You see it across different sports where the son of a famous father can be a bit of a tadger. He's so grounded though and been brought up the right way. Never hides despite being decked constantly.

A sad indictment of our league but I can see him playing for someone big in Europe in many years to come, telling the story of how he cut his teeth here and how it was great for his development given the harsh nature of the tackles he had to put up with. How that made him more of a complete player, along with the good stuff like needing to win every week, the size of the support and a hunger for trophies.

Better than Kent perhaps?

i get why this question is being asked, i do.

But this email could easily have been written about Ryan Kent after the 1-0 at Pittodrie, or his excellent performance against Liege at Ibrox after he set up Arfield.

While i completely agree with the OP these posts are seldom made after someone has a bad game

Kent has never hidden and i truly believe his contribution this year is a massive part of 55, the sheer panic he strikes into defenses all over scotland and europe shouldn't be overthought, even when he doesn't play well Kent pull opponents all over the place creating space

Brilliant player who will go far. I however do fear he'll jump at the first opportunity to "further" his career elsewhere. Would like to be wrong.

Hagi will play for a very top European team in the future, he’s made for that type of football

I really believe this boy will go to the top. His development path has been mapped out for years, signing for Rangers was part of that, coached by Gerrard, pressure to win, playing in front of massive crowds, European football and the speed and physicality of the Scottish is exactly what he needs at this point in his career.

His value will be in the 10’s of millions.in the future. When we sell him, it’s imperative teams pay for his potential and we get a sell on clause in there as well

Having him accepting the ball between the Aberdeen defence is causing them so much bother. Davis picking him out time and again.

The talent the boy has is frightening. He, like Kent has, will need to bulk up a wee bit. He’s deceptively strong right enough, but his vision and passing are outstanding.

He will be worth a fortune very soon.

Ive sung his praises from day one, he’s a top talent.

Love him, i hope we can keep this team together for another season and add a few more. Why would you want to leave this team.

Hope he’s with us for years to come. Already a ralliant player and there is undoubtedly yet another level or two available or him.

Takes chances and when they pay off they look unreal. Also loved the Sensible Soccer OP

One of the best posts i've ever seen on FF.

Back